You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#267099 - 11/01/14 09:53 AM [User Showcase] Do You Remember
Loc: Tennessee
jgottlied Offline
Enthusiast

This is another song that I no longer have any information on the Band-in-a-Box styles and instruments that I used. I can tell you that all instrumentation is BB. Each instrument was dropped into Cubase LE for mix with the vocals.

Do You Remeber

#267106 - 11/01/14 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do You Remember [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I really like your song and performance. I think your vocals fit good in the song and matches the song style. In my mind, I could imagine background vocals and adding Ooh's & Ahhh's to add dimension to the dynamics and to break up some of the repetitiveness. The instrumental break at 2:35 is a great place for a southern rock lead guitar and then when the solo ends at the 3:25 mark, have the music drop out even sparser than it does now at that mark.

These are just ideas that popped up as I listened through the song; twice so far. I'll certainly be going back for another listen soon. I like what you have accomplished. This is a well written song, great lyrics and theme and the performance and mix are spot on. I think you've achieved a very professionally sounding production.

Charlie

#267128 - 11/01/14 04:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do You Remember [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Nice job!! Again, I love the feel you get on the vocals (thanks, BTW, for your description following my questions). This song feels great all around-perfect arrangement for the vibe, and excellent vocal. I have to agree with you on where music has gone. It used to be about doing something great, inspirational, and original. Now, it's mostly about driving some inane lyrics and repetitive melody into the minds of unsuspecting 10 year-olds who will twist their parents arm to buy it. That's what I love about this forum-pretty much all true music lovers, and talented ones at that! Take care. Greg

#267191 - 11/02/14 11:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do You Remember [Re: Greg Johnson]
jgottlied Offline
Enthusiast

If I had the chance, I would prefer to make music with other artists. I agree with the suggestions for "oohs and aahs". For me music is all about the creation. I know that I will never get rich making music. If money is the sole reason behind someone making music then they really should give it up. Thanks for your comments and long live music just for the love of creating, sharing, and enjoying it.

#267242 - 11/02/14 05:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do You Remember [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
A good one, John.

It would be nice (for a song like this) if you posted the lyric.

The instrumentation works well. Some nice changes along the way. The harmonica at the break was pretty low - I thought it could come up quite a bit....

Enjoyable.

floyd

#267261 - 11/03/14 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do You Remember [Re: floyd jane]
jgottlied Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks Floyd. I agree about the harmonica and wish I had the ability to rework the mix a bit, but I lost most of my pre-mix audio tracks for my recordings when my system crashed about a year ago. I still haven't even gotten back to the point where I can record again yet. I didn't think about adding lyrics until I had noticed some others, like yourself, add them in the post. It would give me an excuse to retype them all anyways. It is just so heartbreaking when I think about all the work and effort that I lost. My tip for anyone who might read this is to make backups of everything you do on a completely separate system if possible, or a separate external drive if not.

#267268 - 11/03/14 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do You Remember [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
John,
I really liked what I heard of your song! (I didn't make it all the way through... not for lack of interest, but because of technical difficulties on my end. )

what I liked:
1) excellent topic! (and well developed)
2) Chord progression was very nice.. not the usual minimalist set. Transitions were logical and pleasant
3) use of real tracks was very good! I liked the instruments you chose and how you wove them all together

criticisms:
nothing that can't be explained away by a condition I have: "Grumpy old man-ness"

Summary:
You've posted several songs recently, and I'd say you are clearly a talented guy with a lot to offer this little community of friends and partners in creative crime. Regarding backups, the way to go is any of the online backup sites. They're relatively inexpensive, they never ever crash, your files will outlast all of your future computers and probably you too.

Edited by Pat Marr (11/04/14 12:09 PM)
Edit Reason: what was I thinking???

#267370 - 11/04/14 10:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Do You Remember [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The mix sounds good on my
KRK's -- everything seems to
sit nicely. We enjoyed the sentiment
AND the vocal delivery.

Kudos!

J&B

#267403 - 11/04/14 05:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Do You Remember [Re: jgottlied]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Yes, this one sounds very cool!
Again, a shame you don't have the instrument list anymore.
But this almost sounds like the instruments were played in real-time, that is: for real.

Regards,
Rob

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36551 Members
64 Forums
75733 Topics
667399 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
imapianoman, Wick, adaguerre@live.c, mikemadej, Baskey82

36551 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 165
MarioD 120