Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
I'm not sure I understand your goal, Eddie.. are you coming here to buy real estate?

I would come down to LOOK at real estate. I am starting to hate the northern winters more and more. Now that "Where would I work" is no longer a concern, and with not much holding me here, I may as well explore some options. Even the small group of people I DO call friends communicate with me by text and email, and that can happen from any point A to any point B. So, if I can find a house in a neighborhood that doesn't require my being armed even in the shower, maybe I'll do it. And by now, nothing says I have to own anymore. A rental of a decent condo would be fine as long as it isn't a noisy area full of screaming kids.

And stay off my lawn!

Last edited by eddie1261; 12/01/14 04:26 PM.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Glad you're to that point Eddie.
Not the being armed in the shower part, but the feeling free to make the change part.
Wish ya luck.

Keep yer stick on the ice!

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261
I'm not sure I understand your goal, Eddie.. are you coming here to buy real estate?

I would come down to LOOK at real estate. I am starting to hate the northern winters more and more. Now that "Where would I work" is no longer a concern, and with not much holding me here, I may as well explore some options. Even the small group of people I DO call friends communicate with me by text and email, and that can happen from any point A to any point B. So, if I can find a house in a neighborhood that doesn't require my being armed even in the shower, maybe I'll do it. And by now, nothing says I have to own anymore. A rental of a decent condo would be fine as long as it isn't a noisy area full of screaming kids.

And stay off my lawn!

Eddie,
the house across the street from me is for sale. Old lady got shot in the shower. Just sayin'. You could probably get it cheap because of the poltergeist.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Charlotte is OK, but I wouldn't want to live there. Plus, it's full of Yankees! shocked

They have winter there as well. Not Cleveland, but still.....

79 and sunny here though. Plenty of Yankees shocked , but gator's gotta eat too. grin

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: eddie1261

And stay off my lawn!

Eddie, in all seriousness... consider Winston-Salem. When I moved here from Pa. in 1985, I drove all over the city looking for "the bad side of town" and couldn't find it. (at least not by the standards from the town I used to live in) We do have all 4 seasons here, but winters are mild (Compared to Ohio). Spring and fall are long and temperate. WS is 3.5 hours from the beach and 1.5 hours to the mountains. Employment here is pretty good... not that you need a job... but it means that money is flowing in case you decide to gig. There are No Alligators here (that I'm aware of).

For such a small town, we have 4 colleges... maybe 5 or 6... Fairly genteel population. People take care of their property for the most part. Its is a very artsy town. Two PGMusic forum members live here, and several more live not far away. The sky is actually blue here about 80% of the time... seriously... rarely overcast. Best of all... Nobody here has EVER told me to get off his lawn!

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Eddie, in all seriousness... consider Winston-Salem. When I moved here from Pa. in 1985, I drove all over the city looking for "the bad side of town" and couldn't find it. (at least not by the standards from the town I used to live in)

Now here's where information overload sets in. I have a page bookmarked that lists the 50 safest cities in North Carolina and Winston-Salem is not in the top 50.

And here is what I find about it on a web search.

http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Winston-Salem-North-Carolina.html

It says an exact 180 from what you said.

I could probably find data in both directions. I have a friend who lives in Cameron and he suggested Raleigh. I would prefer to be west of Charlotte, but not suburban Charlotte, like west of Gastonia toward Asheville. That puts me by the mountains and closer to Nashville.

Remember, this is all IF I would ever move. I like my house and I like everything about Ohio except days like today when it is just cold enough to allow the falling rain to freeze on the roads. I am just sick of winter. 63 of these was enough.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.
Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Eddie, having owned a home for many years in the Ashville/Hendersonville area and visiting my brother when he lived in Columbus, OH, I feel qualified to advise you if you don't like the winter in Cleveland, you won't like winter in Ashville. If you are in your 60's, you won't like to walk up the steep inclines and unfortunately, they are everywhere.

Check out a small town inland from Myrtle Beach called Aynor. You will find the climate more temperate, the ground more level. Far enough away from the beach to miss the traffic and biker weeks. Be close enough you can slide in on the weekends for some gigs. Have a four lane straight shot to two interstates that can have you in the mountains in about three hours. If you are ex-military, V-A and several bases are just a stone throw away in Charleston, Sumter, Columbia, Fayetteville, Cherry Point, Beaufort. You are close to several quality medical complexes in Florence, Charleston, Wilmington and Myrtle Beach. Housing is reasonable, taxes are low, there are plenty of folk from Ohio to reminisce with. There are plenty of other equally desirable towns spotted around SC but having the beach and mountains easily accessible all from a four lane highway at my age is something hard to beat.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Mid 70's all week here Eddie, just saying.

Later guys,

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Danny C.
Mid 70's all week here Eddie, just saying.

Later guys,

And you have Gumbo! grin

Off-Topic
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
We need a guitarist.... That knows BiaB!!

We offer low paying gigs at Alabama Theatre, The Palace, Dixie Stampede where you can meet busloads of people from Ohio. <grin>

Last edited by c_fogle; 12/03/14 03:48 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
There's really no place that is "safe" anymore.... but some that do come close.

Small towns are among the better choices in that regard. We even know who some of our neighbors are.....imagine that concept for a minute.

I can walk around my neighborhood at night without feeling like I need to carry my weapons with me. I sometimes forget to lock the doors at night and if I do, hey, it's no big deal. The locks aren't there to keep me safe anyway.... they're there to keep the people outside safe. Between me and the dog.... yeah, you might not wanna "accidentally" wander into my house at night.....or in the daytime either.

But in all seriousness, the smaller towns are where you want to look. We don't have the drug and gang problems that are the basis of the high crime rates that you will find in the larger cities.

Affordable housing is available in the large country areas between the cities.... rent or buy....

My business is installing and servicing alarm/security systems of all kinds. Country homes are vulnerable to B&E due to the lack, in some cases, of neighbors close by. Dogs and burglar alarms are helpful. That tends to be the extent of crime in many areas that are not city.

NC is a concealed and open carry state so robbery and other major crime is curbed a bit by the laws that allow citizens to arm themselves and use firearms in defense of life and limb.

Winters tend to be milder than up north, but it can and does get cold and we get snow. Snow shuts this state down unlike up north where snow is just another event to deal with. 60 and 70 degree winter days are not uncommon. The closer you are to the mountains, the more likely you will see snow. Here in Eastern NC.....around Wilson County, we don't get enough snow to make me happy....I like snow. We've gone several winters in a row with none at all. The mere mention of snow in the forecast is often enough to shut the schools. Get an inch.... and you can count on one full day canceled and late openings for 3 days following.

In this little town, life is good.... we have maybe 500 people now..... and that's only because of a new subdivision that was built a few years ago. It was 200 for a really long time.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I agree with GH on small towns ..
Picking the right small town is the key.

I lived in Texas and Chicago for a while (both high density areas) and never felt really safe (often violated) so I can relate.

Here I've had so many small town experiences it restored my faith in mankind.

You don't want the snow we have here, obviously, but I wouldn't trade being in a 'good' small town for anything.

When I came home from a vacation a few years back and my CO2 detector was beeping, I called the fire department. They showed up within 10 minutes, checked the house, said everything tested fine and loaned me a new detector until I had time to replace it .. bring it back when I could (no charge).
If I was in Chicago I'd still be waiting for them to show up 15 years later.

Many many experiences like this involving myself and my kids made me realize how important it is to select the 'right' small town.
I wish you good luck with this, since it is such an important decision.
I may be facing the same decision some day soon.
I can handle the snow but the cold gets annoying. More so every year.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
M
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
M
Sorry for my late entry. I live in a small town called Lincolnton, about 30 minutes from Charlotte. Close enough to the city to enjoy the benefits (though I rarely do) but far enough away to avoid things like higher taxes, higher property values, crowds and traffic.

Charlotte has become the "North of the South". I work in a town 15 minutes north of Charlotte called Huntersville. Everyone there is from PA, OH, NJ and NY. Many moved here for jobs/opportunity, but yes also for Climate. These working families also brought their retired parents who love it. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who lives there that was originally from Huntersville.

NoDa is very popular among the 20-30 crowd. My daughter is 23 and she loves it, and Charlotte as well. She loves all the opportunities to listen to live music. It's not really known as the safest part of town. But I don't live there and only been there a few times, so I probably shouldn't comment on crime in that area. That 20-30's crowd like folk music and are pretty calm.

Charlotte, like many cities, have their crime problems. Most of the local news is filled with drama from Charlotte.. Don't recall anyone getting getting shot in the shower though.

Lots of the small towns within a 30 minute drive of Charlotte are typical "Southern" towns. Courthouse in the center and a few churches on main. Many of once thriving stores on main are now closed, but have been replaced by small specialty shops, restaurants and quite bars. Some even have great music stores.

Statesville would be a great place for music and culture. It's about 45 minutes north of Charlotte and has the small town appeal - if that's what you are looking for.

I think my email address is in my profile, so feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: marty c
I live in a small town called Lincolnton, about 30 minutes from Charlotte.

Charlotte has become the "North of the South". I work in a town 15 minutes north of Charlotte called Huntersville. Everyone there is from PA, OH, NJ and NY. Many moved here for jobs/opportunity, but yes also for Climate.

Charlotte, like many cities, have their crime problems. Most of the local news is filled with drama from Charlotte.. Don't recall anyone getting getting shot in the shower though.

Statesville would be a great place for music and culture. It's about 45 minutes north of Charlotte and has the small town appeal - if that's what you are looking for.

Marty, I have a customer in Lincolnton and a guitar playing buddy from a former band lives in Huntersville. I also have customers throughout that area including Statesville. Compared to Charlotte, yeah, Stateville is a small city.

I don't get up that way often, only when they call me with troubles in their systems and need my specialized skills.

There are quite a few towns that have been "overrun" with the SNOWBIRD crowd from up north. Pine Knoll shores on the beach (30 years ago) will filled with folks from NJ wanting a more secluded and private beach experience. The town of CARY, NC near Raleigh has the nickname Containment Area for Relocated Yankees. C...A...R...Y... and yeah, that name was earned righteously.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 12/07/14 03:34 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,662
Posts735,555
Members38,532
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Jeffrey thomas, skyanderson3, akbrpra, Benfil77, William L
38,532 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 163