Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#272306 - 12/04/14 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Sao Paulo Night
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Another flashback to 2009 when I was just starting with BB.....

This combines my live guitar playing with some Bossa Nova style based tracks from Real Band. I don't recall the specific RB tracks but basically everything except the lead guitar and some of the chording is all in the box. Hopefully you can tell which is which... maybe not.

SAO PAULO NIGHT

Enjoy

Edited by Guitarhacker (12/04/14 08:03 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#272310 - 12/04/14 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Sounds good, Herb.

A very good mix - one of your best, I think. The bass sounds especially nice.

floyd

#272311 - 12/04/14 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Thanks Floyd.... I think....

If it's one of the best... and it's from 2009... this is 5 yrs later..... oh my.... I'm slipping.....

I know what you meant.... Thanks for listening and commenting.

This song was a result of using the Melodist to create something and then editing the result and playing with the real tracks. I did a bunch of jazz based stuff back in the early days as I was getting to know BB/RB and playing with all that it could do. I believe that it even came up with the recurring melodic riff you hear throughout the song.

#272312 - 12/04/14 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

#272315 - 12/04/14 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

#272324 - 12/04/14 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

#272330 - 12/04/14 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

#272345 - 12/04/14 09:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

#272350 - 12/04/14 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

My story

#272391 - 12/04/14 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#272418 - 12/04/14 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Carmel New York
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Carmel New York
Herbie old friend, that was pleasant. I have always been a fan of your guitar skills.
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2020, Realband, Studio one 4.6 Pro, Logic Pro X, Melodyne 4 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus Faderport 8, Komplete 49 key controller.

#272428 - 12/04/14 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Herb,

this is a very nice combination of saxophone RT with some excellent guitar playing from your part.
Very well done!

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#272466 - 12/04/14 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very sweet tune!! I might have put more verb on the BIAB solo instruments. Loved the guitar work!! Primo!! Take care. Greg

#272506 - 12/05/14 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: dani48]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani..... I enjoyed recording this tune. I was new to PG at the time and just playing around with it's many attributes.

#272507 - 12/05/14 04:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

Glad you like it Charlie.

#272508 - 12/05/14 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

Tom, on another forum at the time, one of the musicians was from Sao Paulo and commented that it reminded him of home. Glad you enjoyed it too.

#272509 - 12/05/14 04:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Pat Marr]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

Yes, I did actually use some echo/delay on the guitar. I was into an instrumental phase at the time and no, I do not write vocals to the jazz stuff I write. I did try to collaborate with a woman jazz singer I met in LA at a songwriter's convention but she never came up with anything worth recording..... kinda fizzled you might say. So I stick to instrumental stuff in this genre.

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you liked it.

#272510 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: boehm]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

Thanks Boehm. I prefer tasty over lots of notes.

#272511 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: gibson]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gibson
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

Thanks... glad you listened and enjoyed.

#272512 - 12/05/14 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Al-David]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Alan & Di.... thanks for listening.... I'll look and see if I have any more Latin..... I'm sure I do....

Also.... I'm glad you learn things when I comment. That's the purpose of the comments.... to help others by pointing out what I hear....or don't hear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Accessing Your Band-in-a-Box® Order Online

If you've ordered Band-in-a-Box® on our website, you can access your download links (even if you selected a shipping option) from your Account | My Products page.

Band-in-a-Box® users who purchased their copy elsewhere can also add their purchase to their Account | My Products page. This is a convenient way to register your purchase and access the installation files if you ever need them for future re-installation reasons. To do this, visit www.pgmusic.com/redeem and create your account, then click on My Products and enter your 24-digit Band-in-a-Box® serial number.

Learning with Band-in-a-Box® - Chords & Games

Want to hear what a chord sounds like? Type the chord, then press SHIFT enter. The chord will play as it is entered on to the chord sheet!

You can also familiarize yourself with how different chords sound using the Chord Builder feature of the program, which will audition different chords for you, based on your input.

Want more? Challenge yourself with some ear training with the included Pitch Invasion and Music Replay programs, accessible in the Practice Window!

Pitch Invasion helps to develop perfect pitch as you shoot down "alien" notes invading from above, and Music Replay develops your pitch, rhythm, and melody recognition by replaying what the program plays, in note, rhythm, or melodic modes.

Pitch Invasion & Music Replay can also be accessed within the bb\Songs and Lessons\Ear Training folder for the program.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Russian for Windows is Here!

Мы хорошо потрудились и добавили в "Band-in-a-Box®" 50 новых функций и изумительную коллекцию нового контента, включая 202 новых стиля RealTracks (что в два раза больше 101 стиля, которые мы часто выпускали в прошлом), новые стили RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, инструментальные этюды (Instrumental Studies), транскрипции для стилей RealDrums и др.!

КУПИТЬ/ОБНОВИТЬ И ЗАГРУЗИТЬ!

Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Forum Stats
32643 Members
68 Forums
65618 Topics
556377 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
thietkenoithat, Swivel Rocker, Igael79, CarlosCon, ShaneGuitar

32643 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 144
VideoTrack 124