Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#272306 - 12/04/14 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Sao Paulo Night
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Another flashback to 2009 when I was just starting with BB.....

This combines my live guitar playing with some Bossa Nova style based tracks from Real Band. I don't recall the specific RB tracks but basically everything except the lead guitar and some of the chording is all in the box. Hopefully you can tell which is which... maybe not.

SAO PAULO NIGHT

Enjoy

Edited by Guitarhacker (12/04/14 08:03 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#272310 - 12/04/14 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Sounds good, Herb.

A very good mix - one of your best, I think. The bass sounds especially nice.

floyd

#272311 - 12/04/14 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Thanks Floyd.... I think....

If it's one of the best... and it's from 2009... this is 5 yrs later..... oh my.... I'm slipping.....

I know what you meant.... Thanks for listening and commenting.

This song was a result of using the Melodist to create something and then editing the result and playing with the real tracks. I did a bunch of jazz based stuff back in the early days as I was getting to know BB/RB and playing with all that it could do. I believe that it even came up with the recurring melodic riff you hear throughout the song.

#272312 - 12/04/14 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

#272315 - 12/04/14 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

#272324 - 12/04/14 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

#272330 - 12/04/14 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

#272345 - 12/04/14 09:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

#272350 - 12/04/14 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

My story

#272391 - 12/04/14 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#272418 - 12/04/14 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Pawling New York
Rob Helms Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pawling New York
Herbie old friend, that was pleasant. I have always been a fan of your guitar skills.
Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Studio one Pro latest version, Logic Pro X, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.

#272428 - 12/04/14 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Herb,

this is a very nice combination of saxophone RT with some excellent guitar playing from your part.
Very well done!

Rob

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

#272466 - 12/04/14 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very sweet tune!! I might have put more verb on the BIAB solo instruments. Loved the guitar work!! Primo!! Take care. Greg

#272506 - 12/05/14 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: dani48]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani..... I enjoyed recording this tune. I was new to PG at the time and just playing around with it's many attributes.

#272507 - 12/05/14 04:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

Glad you like it Charlie.

#272508 - 12/05/14 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

Tom, on another forum at the time, one of the musicians was from Sao Paulo and commented that it reminded him of home. Glad you enjoyed it too.

#272509 - 12/05/14 04:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Pat Marr]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

Yes, I did actually use some echo/delay on the guitar. I was into an instrumental phase at the time and no, I do not write vocals to the jazz stuff I write. I did try to collaborate with a woman jazz singer I met in LA at a songwriter's convention but she never came up with anything worth recording..... kinda fizzled you might say. So I stick to instrumental stuff in this genre.

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you liked it.

#272510 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: boehm]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

Thanks Boehm. I prefer tasty over lots of notes.

#272511 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: gibson]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gibson
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

Thanks... glad you listened and enjoyed.

#272512 - 12/05/14 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Al-David]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Alan & Di.... thanks for listening.... I'll look and see if I have any more Latin..... I'm sure I do....

Also.... I'm glad you learn things when I comment. That's the purpose of the comments.... to help others by pointing out what I hear....or don't hear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
The XPro & Xtra Styles PAKs Special Ends September 30th!

Amp up your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 experience when you add XPro and Xtra Styles PAKs... on sale until September 30th!

XPro Styles PAKs are styles that work with any version (Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition) of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). We offer 3 PAKs, and each PAK includes over 100 styles!

Xtra Styles PAKs are styles that work with the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 (or higher). There are 13 PAKs available, with over 100 styles in each PAK!

They're all on sale only September 30th!
Each PAK can be purchased for $29 (reg. $49)... Order XPro Styles PAKS | Order Xtra Styles PAKs

How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Forum Stats
36558 Members
64 Forums
75761 Topics
667704 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
smithpick, jamit, UnconfuseU, yesiyens, banjojeff

36558 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 158
MarioD 92