Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#272306 - 12/04/14 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Sao Paulo Night
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Another flashback to 2009 when I was just starting with BB.....

This combines my live guitar playing with some Bossa Nova style based tracks from Real Band. I don't recall the specific RB tracks but basically everything except the lead guitar and some of the chording is all in the box. Hopefully you can tell which is which... maybe not.

SAO PAULO NIGHT

Enjoy

Edited by Guitarhacker (12/04/14 08:03 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#272310 - 12/04/14 07:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Sounds good, Herb.

A very good mix - one of your best, I think. The bass sounds especially nice.

floyd

#272311 - 12/04/14 07:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Thanks Floyd.... I think....

If it's one of the best... and it's from 2009... this is 5 yrs later..... oh my.... I'm slipping.....

I know what you meant.... Thanks for listening and commenting.

This song was a result of using the Melodist to create something and then editing the result and playing with the real tracks. I did a bunch of jazz based stuff back in the early days as I was getting to know BB/RB and playing with all that it could do. I believe that it even came up with the recurring melodic riff you hear throughout the song.

#272312 - 12/04/14 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

#272315 - 12/04/14 07:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

#272324 - 12/04/14 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

#272330 - 12/04/14 08:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

#272345 - 12/04/14 09:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

#272350 - 12/04/14 09:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

#272391 - 12/04/14 11:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Alabama, USA
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#272418 - 12/04/14 01:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
RobH Offline
Veteran

Herbie old friend, that was pleasant. I have always been a fan of your guitar skills.
Lenovo Win 10 8 gig ram, BiaB, Realband, Studio one Professional, Melodyne, Gibson S-1, Carvin 980 Cobalt acoustic, Ovation legend 12 string, jazz bass clone, Fender Mustang III amp, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL interface, TC Helicon voiceworks.

#272428 - 12/04/14 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Herb,

this is a very nice combination of saxophone RT with some excellent guitar playing from your part.
Very well done!

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#272466 - 12/04/14 06:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very sweet tune!! I might have put more verb on the BIAB solo instruments. Loved the guitar work!! Primo!! Take care. Greg

#272506 - 12/05/14 04:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: dani48]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Herb!:))

I do agree with Floyd !
This must be on of your
absolute best, at least
of those I have heard !!!!
I just love everyhting
about this one, the chords,
the bossa vibe, your
sensitive playing......!!!

Merry X-mas Herb !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks Dani..... I enjoyed recording this tune. I was new to PG at the time and just playing around with it's many attributes.

#272507 - 12/05/14 04:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This is really nice. Good arrangement, mix and excellent guitar work. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

Glad you like it Charlie.

#272508 - 12/05/14 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: tommyad]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Herb, Really nice guitar playing. The mix sounds great. It does sound exactly like the title. It's like a little travelogue. Good stuff. Tom

Tom, on another forum at the time, one of the musicians was from Sao Paulo and commented that it reminded him of home. Glad you enjoyed it too.

#272509 - 12/05/14 04:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Pat Marr]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Herb,

I ALWAYS like your songs, and this one is no exception! I particularly like your playing and the effects you used at various places in the song. You inspire me! Makes me want to delve into the jazz stuff! (maybe somewhere down the road)

I don't think that I've heard vocals on any of the jazz songs you've posted so far. If I got to make one request, that would be it.

Very peaceful song... made me feel like I was sitting in a lounge chair on a Royal Caribbean cruise somewhere in the Caribbean or Gulf of Mexico! (And that ain't a bad feeling to have in December!)

Yes, I did actually use some echo/delay on the guitar. I was into an instrumental phase at the time and no, I do not write vocals to the jazz stuff I write. I did try to collaborate with a woman jazz singer I met in LA at a songwriter's convention but she never came up with anything worth recording..... kinda fizzled you might say. So I stick to instrumental stuff in this genre.

Thanks for listening. I'm glad you liked it.

#272510 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: boehm]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Herb,

nice arrangement and good mix. I like your guitar playing. Very tasteful.

Guenter

Thanks Boehm. I prefer tasty over lots of notes.

#272511 - 12/05/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: gibson]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gibson
Herb,

Nice guitar work.

Thoroughly enjoyed

Alyn

Thanks... glad you listened and enjoyed.

#272512 - 12/05/14 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Sao Paulo Night [Re: Al-David]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hi Herb ...

We simply love Latin music! This was so clean and nicely done. Sweet is the right word, I believe! You're an excellent guitarist, arranger, producer, performer ... all that stuff! I learn something new almost every time you comment on someone's song. Thanks for the education! ... And this great song! nice touch on the strings!

Wishing you the very best ...

Alan & di

Alan & Di.... thanks for listening.... I'll look and see if I have any more Latin..... I'm sure I do....

Also.... I'm glad you learn things when I comment. That's the purpose of the comments.... to help others by pointing out what I hear....or don't hear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows: Installing Build Updates

In this video we go over the process of downloading and installing the Band in-a-Box® build updates: click here to watch

Build updates are available at: www.pgmusic.com/support.updates.win.htm

Band-in-a-Box® can also check for updates automatically - head to Help | Check for Updates and check-mark "Automatically check for updates every..." - then choose your days!

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Nuendo® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 614 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 614 is available!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes for build 614:
Fixed: Songs would not save plugins on tracks that had a Hi-Q patch selected previously.
Fixed: Hi-Q Patches would not load if the Sforzando VSTi was not in the VSTi plugin list.
Fixed: The Sforzando VSTi was not automatically being added to the VSTi plugin list during bootup (64 bit only).
Fixed: Loading the Hi-Q patch "Hi-Q 040 01 Synth, Analog, FatBass Sforzando" would cause an access violation error.
Fixed: Track Settings > Set Track offset [0] was not working properly.
Fixed: Importing MusicXML files was failing to include melody notes and lyrics.

VST DAW Plugin 1.10.4 fixes:
Improved: Generation is much faster, at least 4X.
Added: Notification dialog when generation is complete, and a setting to toggle this on/off.
Added: 32-Bit AAX plugin for Pro Tools 10.
Fixed: Soloist not generating on first attempt.
Fixed: MIDI tracks could be rendered at wrong tempo in the Master.
Fixed: Multiriff playback and bar highlighting
Added: Much faster MIDI renders: "No MIDI Renders" option in Custom Generate menu. If this is selected, any MIDI tracks will be left as MIDI and not rendered to wave which takes time.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows® Download and Installation Tutorial

If you've purchased Band-in-a-Box® and want to download it to get started right away - make sure you check out our latest video for assistance! Click here to watch...

RealBand® 2019 New Features Video!

Learn more about the new RealBand® 2019 features with our RealBand® 2019 New Features Overview Video: Click here...

RealBand® is included in all Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 612 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 612 is available!

It includes the VST DAW Plugin patch too!!!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
Updated: PDF and help file documentation.

Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.

Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
Fixed: Output directory error.
Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Forum Stats
28774 Members
60 Forums
56401 Topics
470180 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
rovens, drkirk, Ronnie B., cannonball78, Caleb

28774 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 324
RobH 320