You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#273350 - 12/08/14 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Another quick demo..Man of miracles.
Loc: south wales UK
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Guys, Here is another demo, just to get a feel of what you chaps think of the idea, if its any good i will keep it, thanks, Ade

https://soundcloud.com/jakeyh/miracles-2

Sorry about the swear word, it just seemed right (this was done with anger) if it offends anyone i will remove it...

real tracks used bass,pick guit, piano/synth and nylon guit solo (i ain't got a nylon) the rest is my programing/playing ez drummer 2 was used for the drums

Edited by pikeyh (12/08/14 01:18 PM)

#273530 - 12/09/14 09:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Ade,

I wonder why nobody has replied yet. This is a nicely arranged song. I especially like your background vocals. That's a nice effect at 1:59.
I'd like to have the lyrics printed.

Guenter

#273561 - 12/09/14 11:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
I'm with Guenter on this one. The backing vocals are good but I really like your voice overall. You did a great job on the write, mixing, arrangement and performance of this song. My favorite so far. Hope to hear more from you soon.

Charlie

#273572 - 12/09/14 12:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Whoah! I like this a LOT!! Is this song made from a style in BIAB?? If so I need to know which one!

the intro gave me chills! your instrumentation is very tasteful and varied... which in itself would have been great even if the other stuff hadn't been top notch... but everything else is just as good!! You have an uncanny knack for adding instrumental hooks... so much going on, and ALL of it works very well!! I'm totally impressed by this song!

This has that great 80s-90s sound that made so many songs instantly likeable during that period!

I especially like the syncopated way you include various elements... its as though each of the parts is tailored to a slightly different chord sheet... the instruments change at slightly different intervals, and in my opinion that adds a HUGE air of uniqueness to a song.

and you can sing too! It just keeps getting better! As I write this, I'm listening to your other songs... your stuff kicks some major @$$!! I like almost everything that gets posted on the forum, but I would spend hard earned money on your stuff!

What's your story, anyway? Are you strictly a hobbyist? I'm thinking not! This has PRO written all over it!

I really want to hear more from you! Thanks for posting!

#273606 - 12/09/14 02:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for the comments guys, I don't use BIAB, I use Real Band for my compositions, the story about me is that i was a Semi pro Musician, and toured all over the UK about 4/5 nights a week, I was always into writing and recording but never spent enough time at home to do anything about it (You know the story guys, too busy bringing home the bacon) anyways, had to give up through ill health about 5 years ago (got a pre cancer in my esophagus and diverticulitis, which have me laid up fairly regularly) back to the story, about the same time my bass player had 2 strokes, and so couldn't play anymore, I don't play keyboard's, but can program pretty well, so thats how i got into BIAB/Real Band, as i am sometimes not well enough to get my guit and amp out so i will "rough out" the song in real band, and if some parts work well enough they will be edited and left in. anyway my life in a nutshell, thanks all for your kind comments, I have about 30 half decent songs written that i am hoping to complete in the next year or so. btw, this is a great forum with the friendliest bunch of people. thanks again, sorry if i have bored you all. Ade

#273609 - 12/09/14 02:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Ade,

Very nicely put together. A great flow to the song.

Terrific vocals. Good energy to the tracks. The acoustic leads are an especially nice touch. The drums could be a touch brighter (for my taste - but that's subjective).

Very enjoyable listen (several, actually)

floyd

#273610 - 12/09/14 02:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

Lyrics..

Here come the man of miracles he got you in his sights
Here come the man of miracles and he's here to put things right
How come the man of miracles hasn't walked this way before
And if he is what they say he is he hasn't knocked upon my door

Cant see into the future and I cant relive the past
Sutra priests of africa shamen's to the last
Can move across the borders in territory and strife
So c'mon man of miracles save my F---kin life

Whenever you need him--he's there for you
Whenever you see him--believe in the truth
Whatever you call him--Dr fu man chu
Never deceive him--or be untrue

The starry world of time and space A pageant we call life
The magic powers of ala-dins lamp i'll take this on a test drive
So man of miracles help me as to the sky i call
Show me the way of wisdom and take me back to your home

Whenever you need him--he's there for you
Whenever you see him--believe in the truth
Whatever you call him--Dr fu man chu
Never deceive him--or be untrue

Edited by pikeyh (12/09/14 02:52 PM)

#273611 - 12/09/14 02:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: floyd jane]
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks v much, for your kind words Floyd, these are only in the demo stage at mo, just to get a feel if people like them, some of them have had more work done than others, but once i get down to 8ish songs, i will take some time out to record them properly. Ade

Edited by pikeyh (12/09/14 02:56 PM)

#273642 - 12/09/14 06:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
If that's a quick demo, I can't imagine what a polished mix would sound like! This is beautifully done. Great sound, arrangement, and particularly vocals. Awesome job! Take care, Greg

PS Thanks for the kind remarks on Scotch and Cigarettes. Very much appreciated!

#273673 - 12/10/14 01:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi Ade !

I am with all that have
already posted comments !
This is magnificient I
do not have any other
word for it ( It sounded
a little Genesis to me but
the tune is yours completely
no wondering about that) !!
Great, Ade, just great !!!!!

Merry X mas and a Happy New and
Creative Musicfilled Year to you
too !:))

Cheers
Dani

#273679 - 12/10/14 02:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Quote:
If that's a quick demo, I can't imagine what a polished mix would sound like! This is beautifully done. Great sound, arrangement, and particularly vocals. Awesome job! Take care, Greg

Greg said it all for me.

Sorry to hear about your problems, I do hope you get good treatment from NHS Wales. I showed/played this to the bass player from my old band, I call him 3-strokes Steve, and he sends his best to your mate as he cannot play either.

Great stuff, keep them coming Ade

Alyn

My story

#274178 - 12/12/14 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Holy crap your demos sound better than my finished product!

This is really great as is and is very pro sounding. Your years of pro playing on tours is shining through on this one.

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#274214 - 12/12/14 05:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Massachusetts
BruceI Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Massachusetts
Whoa... this is really a great sounding track. As others have said, it's extremely fresh and varied in the arrangement and BG vox. Your voice has a cool lead vocal quality that to me is more late 60's or early 70's (my core period). It somehow made me think of "Something in the Air" by Thunderclap Newman. Maybe the chiming guitars. Great job for a demo if that's what you consider it!

Sorry for the health challenges but glad that your musical spirit is fully operational!

Cheers,
Bruce

#274241 - 12/12/14 11:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Ade,

Quick demo????? It's magnificent. I have to agree with MarioD when he says ...

Quote:
Holy crap your demos sound better than my finished product!

All I heard was the sound of professional all the way. What a great listen.

All the best,
Noel

#274268 - 12/13/14 06:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: Noel96]
pikeyh Offline
Enthusiast

Sorry posted this comment on my other song post..

Thanks all, great feedback for me, You start to doubt yourself sometimes. thanks again. Ade

#276713 - 12/27/14 08:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Wow! Got to your SoundCloud and one song led to another, and another and so on. Production, writing, singing, playing, just really good in every respect. Even the demos and rough mixes are way above my best efforts.

Great listening and can't wait to hear more.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1803, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#276922 - 12/28/14 01:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Hi Ade,
Joining in the comments of our friend musicians... great song, great vocals!
Grtz
Fred

#277624 - 01/02/15 07:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: Another quick demo..Man of miracles. [Re: pikeyh]
Loc: Maryland
SpaceDog Offline
Expert

Loc: Maryland
Ade,
Very nicely done. The BGVs are really excellent. Thanks for posting.
SD

PG Music News
NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loop, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!

He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!

My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Windows is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato duro e abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks (il doppio dei 101 che abbiamo spesso pubblicato in passato), nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi strumentali, trascrizioni RealDrums, stili Extra PAK 8 e altro!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO

Interview: Eyes on Success featuring PG Music Inc., Band-in-a-Box® 2020, and the Updated JAWS Script

Take 30 minutes and make sure to listen to the latest episode from Eyes on Success, which focuses on the history of Band-in-a-Box® and using it with the screen reader JAWS, created by Peter Torpey. Hosts Nancy & Peter discuss our company history and Band-in-a-Box program with Tobin, our chief development officer, including how Band-in-a-Box is even more accessible with the help of their JAWS screen reader scripts!

Click here to download and listen to the podcast - you don't want to miss this one!

Eyes on Success is a weekly radio show / podcast geared to the visually impaired called "Eyes On Success" and that can be found at www.EyesOnSuccess.net.

Currently the scripts and associated documentation and resources can be found here.

You can watch Peter Torpey's video testimonial here.

#TipTuesday - Style Changes in Band-in-a-Box®

Head to our Tips & Tricks forum to read what other Band-in-a-Box users have discovered about the program!

Like mrgeeze's recent post Style Changes within a song.. another great BIAB feature.

...My arrangement's bass Real Track was 397 (bass Acoustic Paul).
Solid but not really what I wanted for a solo.

I hit the F5 key to bring up bar setting and poked around till i found the Real Tracks command button in the upper right.
Clicked on that & quickly change the bass to 452 (Soloist (bluesy).
12 bars later I did the same and switched it back to 397.

The results were excellent...

Did you know about this feature? Learn all about Bar Settings and how you can adjust them here.

Forum Stats
32156 Members
65 Forums
64306 Topics
545176 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
WalterAraujo, mackd1000, Music Support, Adrian Jarratt, Lázaro Oliveira

32155 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 205
Pipeline 187