You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#274607 - 12/14/14 06:55 PM [User Showcase] New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

I have been out quite a bit this year. Between health issues, and an overwhelming work schedule, it has been a real challenge to keep up with all my friends here. I hope to do a better job in the future! smile

I finally got around to writing a new one for Christmas, called The Baby From Bethlehem. The BIAB RealTracks are listed below. I played the organ, and orchestration to go with it. I hope you enjoy it!

The Baby From Bethlehem

Here are the lyrics...

The Baby From Bethlehem
Copyright Stephen W. Young

The sun shines on the meadow
And the dew is still on the ground
There's a newborn baby crying
And the angels are all around

Was a long and dangerous journey
That brought them to Bethlehem
But every turn was part of the plan
And the world would never be the same

We must always remember
That baby from Bethlehem
Mary's little boy was God's own son
Sent to redeem us from sin

===

And here are the RealTracks used...

RealTracks in song: ~824:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Country Waltz Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 2450:Guitar, Nylon, Rhythm CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085
RealTracks in song: ~981:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryWaltzCleanHeld Sw 085
RealTracks in song: 1285:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryWaltzBrent Sw 085

#274612 - 12/14/14 08:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Steve,

It's really good to see you again.

This song has such a beautiful overall sound; the way you sing it, the clarity with which the instruments play and the mix. I am always spellbound by your arrangements and their instrumentation. You have a wonderful ability to select and then to blend those timbres and instruments that compliment each other to the maximum. I've learnt such a great deal from listening to your work over the years.

These lyrics are terrific, too. The way that you have chosen to have a verse with minimal rhyme serves to amplify the chorus. It also makes the verses sound like someone is speaking them rather than singing them (if that makes sense). Your lyric approach intrigued me and appealed to me.

There's a great deal to like about this creation of yours smile

I hope you and your family have a joyful and blessed Christmas,
Noel

#274615 - 12/14/14 09:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Outstanding Christmas song, the production from you as always is superb, great lyrics and vocal; thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#274622 - 12/14/14 11:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Gulf Coast
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Loc: Gulf Coast
So simple and so richly beautiful Steve.

Good to see you.

Josie

#274630 - 12/15/14 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
There are some postings you know before you open them that you know the song will be good and you're gonna like it. Such it is with a Steve Young song post. Steve, you have versatility, tone, empathy, whatever is right for a song, you always have it. The only thing I think you could do better -- is to post more often.

This is a beautiful song so nicely arranged and performed. Thanks for posting.

Charlie

#274641 - 12/15/14 04:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Beautiful song. Well done

#274643 - 12/15/14 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Beautifully done. The arrangement, the vocal,
the RT choice, the mix all come together
perfectly. It nice to hear a waltz and the
nylon string guitar works very well.

A fine way to start our morning!

J&B

#274667 - 12/15/14 06:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Steve,

Great to hear from you again.

Beautifully written, arranged, produced, sung, recorded. mixed.

Can't think of anything else.... smile

floyd

#274686 - 12/15/14 08:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve,

Great to hear from you again.

Beautifully written, arranged, produced, sung, recorded. mixed.

Can't think of anything else.... smile

floyd

Same here!

I pray that you are feeling better and we will hear more songs from you in the coming year.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#274765 - 12/15/14 03:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Steve, This will be played multiple times in our household this season. Beautifully written, sung and produced. I have always looked to the clarity and quality of your mixes as a benchmark. This one is no exception. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Tom

#274775 - 12/15/14 04:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Tommyc Offline
Veteran

Cool Song Cuz!

#274788 - 12/15/14 04:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

Nice Christmas tune. One of these years I am going to write a full Christmas album, things like this inspire me. Excellent arrangement and production. Outstanding!! Love it.

#274866 - 12/16/14 06:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

beautiful song. Everything fits.
Merry Christmas to you.

Guenter

#275010 - 12/16/14 06:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

I am running short on time tonight, so I will just say thank you so much to all of you who have posted such kind words about this song! So glad you enjoy it. It means so much to me that you all would take the time to listen and comment.

(Hope to be around a lot more now!)

Steve

#275018 - 12/16/14 07:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Simple, honest, beautiful!! The arrangement is sparse perfection-everything works. Love the organ part you played. Wonderful listen! Take care. Greg

#275042 - 12/17/14 01:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Derry,Ireland
musiclover Offline
Veteran

Loc: Derry,Ireland
Beautiful as they say Radio Ready song from you again Steve.

Always look forward to something new from you and the fantastic mix you produce.

I have to check out where you posted in tips and tricks your mixing tips, as I have it saved somewhere as well, can learn a lot from you.

Great song Steve and Happy Christmas.

Musiclover

My music https://www.youtube.com/user/donegalprideofall

Windows 10 (64bit) M-Audio Fast Track Pro, Band in a Box 2022, Cubase elements 11 and Cakewalk by Bandlab.

#275051 - 12/17/14 04:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Steve,

So good to hear you again... Beautiful song and delivery. Loved it.

Bob

#275056 - 12/17/14 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Nice classic country sound to this.

Recorded and written well.

Nits: I think the vox are too up front and a tad dry. It has an almost overloaded sound to it...like the levels were being pushed due to it being mostly acoustic and wanting to get the volume up....

Love that B3 floating in the background. The guitar lead is too far in the back of the solo..... it should be the star and shine through.

Lovely work.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#275062 - 12/17/14 04:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Steve
Agreed with all the above. Steady and cool vocals! I think I'll put this one under the Christmastree
Best wishes!
F

#275093 - 12/17/14 07:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Baby From Bethlehem [Re: Steve Young]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Beautiful song Steve.

Merry Christmas.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
How to: Using the New Download and Install Manager to Install on macOS

In this video we show you how to use the new Band-in-a-Box® Download And Install Manager to install Band-in-a-Box® 2022 on macOS: Installing Band-in-a-Box® On macOS Using The New Download And Install Manager

Learn more about this feature.

Special Offer! XPro Styles PAKs on sale until September 30, 2022!

XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 offers 300 more RealStyles to supercharge your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition! All of these styles are professionally mixed and include genres like jazz, country, bluegrass, pop, singer/songwriter, rock, and more. For you Pro and MegaPAK users, the XPro Styles PAK 3 also includes 35 additional RealTracks (a $200+ value) that are not included with the Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro or MegaPAK. XPro Styles PAKs are only $29 each (reg $49) until September 30th!

Learn more about XPro Styles PAKs 1-3 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: XPro Styles PAKs work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Special Offer! Save on Xtra Styles PAKs until September 30, 2022!

Until September 30th, save over 40% on our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 with over 2,200 RealStyles (and 35 MIDI Styles)! Each set is on sale for $29 or get them all in the Xtra Styles PAK 1-13 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)!

Expand your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with Xtra Styles PAKs! These Xtra Styles PAKs will add TONS of imaginative styles to your collection, spanning several genres like jazz, rock, bluegrass, country, pop, blues, singer/songwriter, and more! Every RealStyle is professionally mixed and uses a unique arrangement that has never been used by our previous styles. We have even included several MultiStyles that include up to ten substyles each for your advanced arrangements! Spend less time mixing and more time creating, with Xtra Styles PAKs!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs 1-13 for Windows and for Mac.

Note: These Xtra Styles PAKs require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2022. They won't work with the Pro or MegaPAK version because they need the RealTracks from the 2022 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

Endorsing Artist Nick Kellie is a long-time Band-in-a-Box® user - here's what he has to say about the program, along with some of his sessions demoing his use of Band-in-a-Box® backing tracks: Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Nick Kellie

"Band-in-a-Box is an indispensable tool for any practicing musician. I can think of any chord progression imaginable and it can do it. It has helped me to hone my skills as a soloist and as a rhythm player."
- Nick Kellie

Band-in-a-Box® User Tip - Generate a RealTracks Solo Using the Silence RealTrack Instead of Mute

Our Forums are full of enthusiastic and long time Band-in-a-Box® users, so it's no surprise when they post a handy tip for fellow program users.

Like this one, Generate a RealTracks Solo using the Silence RealTrack instead of Mute

What a time saving tip to share with everyone - thanks Charlie!

Interested reading other program tips, or share your own? Head to our Tips and Tricks forum to join in on the conversation.

Band-in-a-Box® Testimonial - Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by Endorsing Artist Gabriel Mark Hasselbach: https://youtu.be/86DOXpAbf7I

"I have been using Band-in-a-Box since my Atari days and the program has grown and blossomed like a hothouse flower! My history of 10 Billboard hits, 14 albums, Juno awards, Album of the Year Award, and JazzWeek charting has all been interwoven with Band in the Box. A great tool for songwriting, arranging, preproduction, and even finished projects. Visionary work PG Music!"
- Gabriel Mark Hasselbach

Learn more about Gabriel Mark Hasselbach.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Deutsch für Macintosh ist verfügbar!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Deutsch für Macintosh
Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks (20 mehr als in früheren Versionen), neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studien, Künstler Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, neue "wiedergebbare RealTracks" Hi-Q Sounds, 2 Sets von "RealDrums Stems" und mehr!

Paket | Was ist neu?

Forum Stats
36532 Members
64 Forums
75683 Topics
666906 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Ricky100, WilliamE, Joresar84, Radioly, John Simons

36532 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 163