Index
#276576 - 12/26/14 10:10 AM [User Showcase] Lollie 1
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Lollie 1

Hi all,

this time the vocals are made with Harmor from FL-Studio and Presets Lollievox.
That means I can’t use my own lyrics but am dependent on the text snippets they
offer.
(http://www.image-line.com/content/Preset+Content/LollieVox+Vocals+Resynthesized)
So there is not much choice for lyrics in the future. But I was offered a special pricing.
And 19 € were worth it.
The samples are all sung on one note. The rhythm is given and inspires me for my own tune.
The voice follows the velocity and the pitch of a MIDI file. You only must find the starting points of the different words. Even harmonies are possible in one go.
It was a nice experience and a lot of fun experimenting with the resynthesized vocals.
I’ll try two or three other songs with it, then it will be exhausted.
For comparison I made a version with Vocaloid Avanna, but I don’t like that so much.
(If you are interested here it is: https://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/lollie-1-avanna-version)
The lyrics don’t make much sense. That’s life.

“They say you can fall in love eight times in a row oh no
Until you think you finally had enough
I awoke with this thought in my head
Live learn and don't look back”

RTs used:
RT464_ Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 140
RT470_ Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
RT2146_Sax, Alto, Soloist BossaPhil Ev 140 (Bluesy)
RealDrums-BossaTerryClarke^6-Blstix,Stks

https://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/lollie-1

I hope you enjoy
Guenter

#276578 - 12/26/14 10:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
To my ears the Avanna version sounds more realistic than the Lollie version, mainly because of the inflections inherent within the words.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1803, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#276595 - 12/26/14 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Guenter,

The Avanna version definitely sounds much better, but is of course very expensive sick .
Anyway... very well done.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#276610 - 12/26/14 02:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
The second is much more "human". I really like the second tune! Very nice feel. Take care. Greg

#276626 - 12/26/14 03:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Guenter

Really like the creativity you put into your songs. Nice mix and smooth sound.

I thought Avanna was the better track too actually. Thanks for sharing!

Trev
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#276640 - 12/26/14 05:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Digital Angel Offline
Apprentice

This combo has great potential for the not so faint of heart.

A few years into the future and we will have virtual singers to audition, can't wait!

DA...

#276674 - 12/27/14 05:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very neat use of technology. Song is very creative. Remember back in the late 60's guitar players would route the sound of their guitar to a speaker in a bag then up a tube and into their mouth. We have come a long way...

#276692 - 12/27/14 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Guenter,

Going against the grain, I guess... I like Lollie 1 over Avanna's version. Lollie has a "brighter, fresher, younger" feel to it that fits the song nicely. Avanna sounds "more mature, laid-back-jazzier". After hearing Lollie, Avanna seemed "a bit too comfortable".

But, I listened more to the music than the lyrics. It is spectacular. Are the listed RTs all that is included? The mix is top-notch. The overall pace and sound is professional at every turn. Crystal clear. The sax is snuggled into the mix so nicely. The bass articulates so well. The drums supportive and dynamic at the same time.

A wonderful listening experience.

floyd

#276702 - 12/27/14 07:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Floyd pretty much summed up our thoughts on this one.
The use of Lollie and Avanna is fascinating, creative
and makes one ponder where this technology will
end up; however, the essence for us of this tune is
the mix. It has a pro studio sound on my monitors
and a soundstage that is perfect.

You are one of a very few who present mixes like
this. I admire them and continue to strive for that
sound.

Congrats on another both brilliant and provocative
production.

J&B

#276743 - 12/27/14 10:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Guenter, I like them both. I agree with floyd that the mix is superb and pretty much takes center stage. Great listen. Keep them coming! Your experimentation is always exciting to hear. Tom

#276756 - 12/27/14 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Guenter,

What great, inspirational musical invention!

Something that you do over and over again with your outstanding compositions and arrangements is to push the boundaries of musical possibility. Every time I listen to a boehm creation, my head spins with new ideas. You inspire me to be more adventurous with my own compositions.

Regarding "Lollie", the mixing is perfect, your understanding of arranging jazz is top notch and your creativity shines brightly.

In relation to the vocaloids, I agree with floyd when he said...
Originally Posted By: "floyd"
I like Lollie 1 over Avanna's version. Lollie has a "brighter, fresher, younger" feel to it that fits the song nicely. Avanna sounds "more mature, laid-back-jazzier". After hearing Lollie, Avanna seemed "a bit too comfortable".

All the best for 2015!
Noel

#276805 - 12/27/14 06:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

I always look forward to what's coming next from you. Your mixes and arrangements are only out done by your creativity. Excellent job on this.

Charlie

#276814 - 12/27/14 11:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
HiGuenter,
Congrats with another fine song. Indeed the mix is the star of your work. I like the bossa feel very much. It made me dance (when no-one was looking smile
I liked the lollie version. The voice effect made me think of the auto tune Cher song. It fits perfectly with the bossa feel.
Anyway, looking forward to your posts in 2015!
G
Fred

#276826 - 12/28/14 01:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Guenter,

Quote:
Going against the grain, I guess... I like Lollie 1 over Avanna's version. Lollie has a "brighter, fresher, younger" feel to it that fits the song nicely. Avanna sounds "more mature, laid-back-jazzier". After hearing Lollie, Avanna seemed "a bit too comfortable".

A wonderful listening experience.

I can add no more to what floyd has said.
Both versions are beautiful but I too lean towards Lollie's version.

I then wondered what they would sound like together in one tune!

I do hope you have another inventive and productive year!

Alyn

My story

#276828 - 12/28/14 04:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Canary Islands - Spain
Rafa T Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canary Islands - Spain
Hi Guenter, Your songs are always interesting and a with a original touch . Beautiful melody and nice arrangement and mixing.
At first my favorite was Avanna,but after several listens I've settled on Lollie,... has something "spicy" special.
Thanks for share!

#276835 - 12/28/14 05:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Guenter,

I'm late to the party because for some reason I've been having trouble getting SoundCloud to play. If it continues, I may have to stop commenting on any songs that are posted to Sound Cloud... (I mention that in advance so people don't think I'm ignoring their songs on purpose.. but there is a very high likelihood that I'm just going to boycott SC)

I thought the two versions sounded quite different even though only the voice changed! Regarding the synth voices, both are interesting. The new one reminds me of the way a human voice sounds with the Cher effect applied. Avanna is a more sophisticated application of technology that more closely resembles a human voice... but you could probably get a song with Lollie on pop radio without having anyone realize its not a person singing thru vocal processing.

Once again, I am impressed by your innovative thinking and your ability to take completely new ideas and make them work very well the first time you use them in a project! I look forward to heard what you come up with in 2015!

#276850 - 12/28/14 06:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Jim, Rob & Anne-Marie, Greg, Trevor, DA and Scott,

thanks a lot for listening and commenting.

Guenter

#276854 - 12/28/14 06:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Floyd,

"Lollie has a "brighter, fresher, younger" feel to it that fits the song nicely... After hearing Lollie, Avanna seemed "a bit too comfortable"."

Exactly. I'd say Lollie has more "bite".

"Are the listed RTs all that is included?"

Yes. I played around with some horns first, but finally dropped them.

Thanks a lot for your most kind comments on the mix.

Guenter

#276855 - 12/28/14 06:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: Pat Marr]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Pat, that would be so disappointing not to have your insight on forum songs because of SC issues. What a bummer. Most songs post through SC. Hopefully some little setting quirk within your OS. If you have a smart phone or Ipad, Kindle fire or similar, use that for SC access. Older version Iphones, touch's, tablets can be really cheap on Craigslist. As the Food Lion lion says, that's my $.02 worth.

#276857 - 12/28/14 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Janice & Bud, Tommy, Noel and Charlie,

thanks a lot for listening and your most kind words.

Guenter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!

He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!

My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Windows is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato duro e abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks (il doppio dei 101 che abbiamo spesso pubblicato in passato), nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi strumentali, trascrizioni RealDrums, stili Extra PAK 8 e altro!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO

Forum Stats
32172 Members
65 Forums
64353 Topics
545546 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
nvtmusic, anlynbrns01, Eddie Bollinger, ThierryMT44, Dorian Sequencer

32171 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 197