Index
#276576 - 12/26/14 10:10 AM [User Showcase] Lollie 1
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Lollie 1

Hi all,

this time the vocals are made with Harmor from FL-Studio and Presets Lollievox.
That means I can’t use my own lyrics but am dependent on the text snippets they
offer.
(http://www.image-line.com/content/Preset+Content/LollieVox+Vocals+Resynthesized)
So there is not much choice for lyrics in the future. But I was offered a special pricing.
And 19 € were worth it.
The samples are all sung on one note. The rhythm is given and inspires me for my own tune.
The voice follows the velocity and the pitch of a MIDI file. You only must find the starting points of the different words. Even harmonies are possible in one go.
It was a nice experience and a lot of fun experimenting with the resynthesized vocals.
I’ll try two or three other songs with it, then it will be exhausted.
For comparison I made a version with Vocaloid Avanna, but I don’t like that so much.
(If you are interested here it is: https://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/lollie-1-avanna-version)
The lyrics don’t make much sense. That’s life.

“They say you can fall in love eight times in a row oh no
Until you think you finally had enough
I awoke with this thought in my head
Live learn and don't look back”

RTs used:
RT464_ Bass, Acoustic, Bossa Ev 140
RT470_ Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Bossa Ev 140
RT2146_Sax, Alto, Soloist BossaPhil Ev 140 (Bluesy)
RealDrums-BossaTerryClarke^6-Blstix,Stks

https://soundcloud.com/boehmusic/lollie-1

I hope you enjoy
Guenter

#276578 - 12/26/14 10:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
To my ears the Avanna version sounds more realistic than the Lollie version, mainly because of the inflections inherent within the words.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 1803, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#276595 - 12/26/14 01:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Guenter,

The Avanna version definitely sounds much better, but is of course very expensive sick .
Anyway... very well done.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#276610 - 12/26/14 02:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
The second is much more "human". I really like the second tune! Very nice feel. Take care. Greg

#276626 - 12/26/14 03:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Hi Guenter

Really like the creativity you put into your songs. Nice mix and smooth sound.

I thought Avanna was the better track too actually. Thanks for sharing!

Trev
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#276640 - 12/26/14 05:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Digital Angel Offline
Apprentice

This combo has great potential for the not so faint of heart.

A few years into the future and we will have virtual singers to audition, can't wait!

DA...

#276674 - 12/27/14 05:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very neat use of technology. Song is very creative. Remember back in the late 60's guitar players would route the sound of their guitar to a speaker in a bag then up a tube and into their mouth. We have come a long way...

#276692 - 12/27/14 06:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Guenter,

Going against the grain, I guess... I like Lollie 1 over Avanna's version. Lollie has a "brighter, fresher, younger" feel to it that fits the song nicely. Avanna sounds "more mature, laid-back-jazzier". After hearing Lollie, Avanna seemed "a bit too comfortable".

But, I listened more to the music than the lyrics. It is spectacular. Are the listed RTs all that is included? The mix is top-notch. The overall pace and sound is professional at every turn. Crystal clear. The sax is snuggled into the mix so nicely. The bass articulates so well. The drums supportive and dynamic at the same time.

A wonderful listening experience.

floyd

#276702 - 12/27/14 07:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Floyd pretty much summed up our thoughts on this one.
The use of Lollie and Avanna is fascinating, creative
and makes one ponder where this technology will
end up; however, the essence for us of this tune is
the mix. It has a pro studio sound on my monitors
and a soundstage that is perfect.

You are one of a very few who present mixes like
this. I admire them and continue to strive for that
sound.

Congrats on another both brilliant and provocative
production.

J&B

#276743 - 12/27/14 10:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Guenter, I like them both. I agree with floyd that the mix is superb and pretty much takes center stage. Great listen. Keep them coming! Your experimentation is always exciting to hear. Tom

#276756 - 12/27/14 01:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Guenter,

What great, inspirational musical invention!

Something that you do over and over again with your outstanding compositions and arrangements is to push the boundaries of musical possibility. Every time I listen to a boehm creation, my head spins with new ideas. You inspire me to be more adventurous with my own compositions.

Regarding "Lollie", the mixing is perfect, your understanding of arranging jazz is top notch and your creativity shines brightly.

In relation to the vocaloids, I agree with floyd when he said...
Originally Posted By: "floyd"
I like Lollie 1 over Avanna's version. Lollie has a "brighter, fresher, younger" feel to it that fits the song nicely. Avanna sounds "more mature, laid-back-jazzier". After hearing Lollie, Avanna seemed "a bit too comfortable".

All the best for 2015!
Noel

#276805 - 12/27/14 06:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

I always look forward to what's coming next from you. Your mixes and arrangements are only out done by your creativity. Excellent job on this.

Charlie

#276814 - 12/27/14 11:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
HiGuenter,
Congrats with another fine song. Indeed the mix is the star of your work. I like the bossa feel very much. It made me dance (when no-one was looking smile
I liked the lollie version. The voice effect made me think of the auto tune Cher song. It fits perfectly with the bossa feel.
Anyway, looking forward to your posts in 2015!
G
Fred

#276826 - 12/28/14 01:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Guenter,

Quote:
Going against the grain, I guess... I like Lollie 1 over Avanna's version. Lollie has a "brighter, fresher, younger" feel to it that fits the song nicely. Avanna sounds "more mature, laid-back-jazzier". After hearing Lollie, Avanna seemed "a bit too comfortable".

A wonderful listening experience.

I can add no more to what floyd has said.
Both versions are beautiful but I too lean towards Lollie's version.

I then wondered what they would sound like together in one tune!

I do hope you have another inventive and productive year!

Alyn

My story

#276828 - 12/28/14 04:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Canary Islands - Spain
Rafa T Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Canary Islands - Spain
Hi Guenter, Your songs are always interesting and a with a original touch . Beautiful melody and nice arrangement and mixing.
At first my favorite was Avanna,but after several listens I've settled on Lollie,... has something "spicy" special.
Thanks for share!

#276835 - 12/28/14 05:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Guenter,

I'm late to the party because for some reason I've been having trouble getting SoundCloud to play. If it continues, I may have to stop commenting on any songs that are posted to Sound Cloud... (I mention that in advance so people don't think I'm ignoring their songs on purpose.. but there is a very high likelihood that I'm just going to boycott SC)

I thought the two versions sounded quite different even though only the voice changed! Regarding the synth voices, both are interesting. The new one reminds me of the way a human voice sounds with the Cher effect applied. Avanna is a more sophisticated application of technology that more closely resembles a human voice... but you could probably get a song with Lollie on pop radio without having anyone realize its not a person singing thru vocal processing.

Once again, I am impressed by your innovative thinking and your ability to take completely new ideas and make them work very well the first time you use them in a project! I look forward to heard what you come up with in 2015!

#276850 - 12/28/14 06:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Jim, Rob & Anne-Marie, Greg, Trevor, DA and Scott,

thanks a lot for listening and commenting.

Guenter

#276854 - 12/28/14 06:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Floyd,

"Lollie has a "brighter, fresher, younger" feel to it that fits the song nicely... After hearing Lollie, Avanna seemed "a bit too comfortable"."

Exactly. I'd say Lollie has more "bite".

"Are the listed RTs all that is included?"

Yes. I played around with some horns first, but finally dropped them.

Thanks a lot for your most kind comments on the mix.

Guenter

#276855 - 12/28/14 06:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: Pat Marr]
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Pat, that would be so disappointing not to have your insight on forum songs because of SC issues. What a bummer. Most songs post through SC. Hopefully some little setting quirk within your OS. If you have a smart phone or Ipad, Kindle fire or similar, use that for SC access. Older version Iphones, touch's, tablets can be really cheap on Craigslist. As the Food Lion lion says, that's my $.02 worth.

#276857 - 12/28/14 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Lollie 1 [Re: boehm]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Janice & Bud, Tommy, Noel and Charlie,

thanks a lot for listening and your most kind words.

Guenter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
SongPicker Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker has been enhanced with our newest 2020 version!

The SongPicker now builds faster for large song lists (>30K and up to 60,000 songs). The [Song] button (or the [Open] button) now has 3 additional menu items to launch the SongPicker.

- Open SongPicker in Current Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the current folder of the last loaded song.
- Open SongPicker in Home Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the home folder, which is Applications/Band-in-a-Box/MySongs or as set in the SongPicker.
- Open SongPicker in Favorite Folder: This launches the Favorite Folder dialog which allows you to choose any previously used folder where a song was loaded from, and then open the SongPicker in that folder.

In the SongPicker, there is a new “Open in Home” option. If this is enabled, the SongPicker will always open in the home folder instead of the current folder when you press the default [Song] button to open the SongPicker.

Searching for songs matching a chord progression or melody has been enhanced. There are three new checkboxes: "Key must match exactly," "Chord Extension must match exactly", and "Time Signature must match."

Click here to jump to the SongPicker subject in our New Features video to learn more. (32:11)

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

We Have a $0 Down Easy Payment Plan!

Did you know... you don't have to pay for your Band-in-a-Box® (or other PG Music Inc. products) purchase right away? We offer an Easy Payment Plan! With our $0 down payment option, purchase today and don't pay for 30 days! The total of your invoice will be split equally, and charged every 30 days for 4 months after the initial purchase date. You can enjoy your software, with four convenient monthly payments for Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, with no added interest charges or service fees!

To choose this option, add your purchase to the Shopping Cart, and begin the checkout process. Step 3 of this process allows you to choose between:
[]Pay full amount now.
[]Easy Payment Plan. Pay $0 now, and four monthly payments, starting one month from now.

If you choose the Easy Payment Plan, simply agree to the RECURRING BILLING / EASY PAYMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS and your order will be processed right away! That's right - choosing this payment option won't delay you receiving your order - even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - there's no need to wait!

User Tip - Band-in-a-Box Video Score (Win/Mac)

Check out a great tip Pipeline shared for creating a video score!

Have a tip of your own to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum!

Thanks for sharing, Pipeline!

New "Feature Browser" in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac

Band-in-a-Box® has so many features! We add 50 new ones with every version, so you may have forgotten all the different things that Band-in-a-Box® can do. Fortunately, with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020 we've solved this issue by added a Feature Browser!

How does it work? Access this feature by clicking on the [?] button on the main screen of the program or pressing the / Enter keys on the Chord Sheet. This dialog lists many features of the program and allows you to browse them, find the feature by text filter, read descriptions about the feature, find how to launch the feature, access to the online information or video about the feature, and do more.

Examples of a few situations where this feature is helpful:

-You know about a feature but don't know how to find it. Just type a part of the feature name and you'll see the hotkeys, menu, and toolbar info on how to launch it. For example, if you want to launch the Chord Builder but don’t know how to do it, type "builder" in the text filter, and you will quickly find the Chord Builder.
-You are exploring available features for Band-in-a-Box. For example, if you are a guitar player, type the word "guitar" and you'll see what's available.
-You prefer "one-stop-shopping" and would like to launch features from the same dialog.
-You are learning the program and like to browse or watch videos about topics you're interested in.
You can't remember hotkeys and want to review them.

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video: 10:20 - New Feature - Feature Browser

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

Videos - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Learn more about the 202 new RealTracks with our latest video: Summary of the 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020.

Want to watch even more RealTracks content? Check out this video, which is the "extended version" video demonstrating the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 - click here to watch.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Patch Update Ready! (Build 321)

Still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac? There's a new FREE patch available! Click here to read more and download this free patch update (Build 321).

Summary of changes for build 321 (Mar 23, 2020):
Fixed: Song title will be changed to ? when re-saving if it previously contained international characters like é or ©.
Fixed: Event List window is using wrong colors.
Fixed: Some song titles are blank in the Song Titles dialog.
Fixed: Clicking on Print Chords from the chord sheet context menu causes application to crash.
Fixed: On some computers the application will crash when opening the Piano Roll window.
Fixed: Gender Param. setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
Fixed: Vibrato Intensity setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
Fixed: Pitch shifting setting was ignored in the Generate Synthetic Vocal dialog.
Fixed: There is no option to cancel when generating a synthetic vocal.
Fixed: The Vocal Synth feature would freeze for various operating systems.
Fixed: Language selection for the Vocal Synth generator was wrong.
Fixed: Possible crash when using the Audio Chord Wizard.
Fixed: Jazz Up or Jazz Down was not undoable.
Fixed: Dropping video files onto the Video RealTracks dialog failed, displaying flash message reporting that the video format was not compatible.
Fixed: The copyright button in the Print Options dialog did not do anything.
Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Remove Harmony would display popup message "not implemented".
Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Convert Harmony to Soloist Track would also launch the Generate Chords and/or Melody dialog.
Fixed: Soloist > Edit Soloist Track > Auto-Rechannel to Guitar Display would also toggle Embellish Melody.
Fixed: Possible crash when opening Song Picker dialog.
Fixed: Edit > Song Form > Unfold does not remove the tag ending.
Fixed: Application crash when using Edit > Song Form > Unfold if song contains tag ending.
Fixed: Tracks are listed twice in the Load XML File dialog.
Fixed: The note name indicator in the Notation window was not displaying.
Fixed: "...NOT rendered successfully to disk” error when using "Export Song as M4A" or "Export Song as AIFF".
Fixed: "invalid integer" error when loading some ABC files.
Fixed: "There was an error converting” error when attempting to import compressed audio files (.m4a, .mp3, etc.)
Fixed: User is not asked to save their song after applying a harmony to Melody or Soloist track.
Fixed: The demo player might fail to play a local file.
Fixed: There should be a warning message when opening the Notation window if the notation fonts are not installed.
Fixed: If opening a song from an version 2017 or earlier, any Audio Chord Wizard bar lines might be offset.
Fixed: The Guitar window did not display the capo.
Improved: Guitar capo setting can be changed by right-clicking the fret position bar.
Fixed: The Chord Builder did not update position when clicking on a different bar in the chord sheet.
Fixed: Changing a custom track label had not option to Undo, and did not prompt user to save song.
Fixed: Importing an ABCNotation file would not include the key signature.
Fixed: ABC files only opening some chords.
Fixed: Problem storing minor keys.
Fixed: MusicXML files created by Band-in-a-Box cannot be loaded by Band-in-a-Box if song title contains & (ampersand).
Improved: More detailed bootup log.

Shipping Status Report - Updated Daily!

As you will note, there are some countries that have temporarily suspended delivery or longer than normal delivery times.

Our list for you based on Courier vs Mail service can be viewed here.

We will be updating this list daily.

Forum Stats
31492 Members
65 Forums
63205 Topics
534800 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
pmlt, mikaka, ACS, Raul Glez, bee annu

31491 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 237