Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#282587 - 01/30/15 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Herb

I really agree with bluage. Like I said before, this should get air-play.

Keep knocking on those doors. I wish you every success.

I don't profess to know the States, but I would've thought this would be a nostalgia trip quite a few parts.

Good Luck

Trev
BIAB & RB2022(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#307599 - 08/19/15 02:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Quick tech question if I may: A slow-down ending like you've done there is something you just don't get out of BBox as it comes (and many times I've requested it!), so I'm very curious how you pulled that one off?

#307603 - 08/19/15 03:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
mwgilbert Offline
Enthusiast

A very well arranged tune, and a very genuine and heartfelt vocal. Thanks for sharing it!

-MWG

http://www.mwgilbert.com

#307676 - 08/20/15 04:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Icelander]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Icelander
Quick tech question if I may: A slow-down ending like you've done there is something you just don't get out of BBox as it comes (and many times I've requested it!), so I'm very curious how you pulled that one off?

All production related to the slow down was accomplished in BB.

HOW: at the end....I added about 10 measures to the song....so I could do a proper fade of the held final chord.
Then starting with the chord immediately after the pause on the tag.... I split the 4 beat measures into 2 beat measures. Actually.... split is the wrong word. You take the 4 beat measure and make it a 2 beat measure.... but now you have to add a measure for the next 2 beats of the original measure. That was also the reason I added 10 measures. I was going to need about 4 more measures and I needed time for the final chord to ring as it was held. (Does that make sense?)

You can go into the bar settings measure by measure and change them from 4 beats to 2 beats. In the same window, you can adjust the base tempo of that measure. So.... I essentially double the number of measures and then start slowing the tempo in each successive one. Example.... lets say the song is at 100bpm normally.... (because I forget the actual tempo) So the first 2 beat measure after the pause.... I set to 90, the next 85, the next 80, the next 75 and the final one 70 but with the held note it almost doesn't matter.

The reason I split the measures down to 2 beats is so that the tempo drop is not heard as a series of steps but a much more smooth deceleration. Resolution.

I have discovered that the better sounding deceleration is the one that is more dramatic.... as in 100 to 70 vs 100 to 90. It took several adjustments to the individual tempos to get a good slow down. And truth be told, I probably should have dropped the numbers a bit more.

Hope that helps you.

Edited by Guitarhacker (08/20/15 04:35 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#307677 - 08/20/15 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: mwgilbert]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: mwgilbert
A very well arranged tune, and a very genuine and heartfelt vocal. Thanks for sharing it!

-MWG

Thank you.

#307713 - 08/20/15 11:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
All production related to the slow down was accomplished in BB. === Hope that helps you.
That was of tremendous help!! cool

I still have the view that something like this should be an optional feature right from the get go, but this was a very interesting reading indeed. Thank you so much for the detailed instructions, I'll be sure to give this a try in the future.

#307751 - 08/20/15 04:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Herb,

Somehow or another I missed your excellent follow up comments regarding your workflow and production techniques. For someone such as myself such information is invaluable!

I still like the thought behind this song. I live in abedroom suburb with plenty of empty and decaying buildings. Everytime I pass one I think about how "that" was somebodies pride or livelyhood in the past and question why no one can find a use for them now.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#307797 - 08/21/15 06:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Lots of folks must be listening...... What a cool thing to wake up and see....!!!

» highest in charts: # 1 (66,147 songs currently listed in Country)
» highest in sub-genre: # 1 (8,446 songs currently listed in Country > Christian Country) » today's position: # 1 in Country
» today's position in sub-genre: # 1 in Christian Country

This is the first song I've written that's ever done this....and in 2 days.

THANK YOU EVERYONE.... for listening....

Too bad it's not the Billboard Charts...

I keep returning now and then to listen again. Today, I also ran through all the comments from the beginning to end.
Just want to say this song is deserving of all the accolades both here on the forum and where else it is played.

The only reason this isn't a commercial hit is because the brightest commercial ears have not heard it. I don't think a smart person could turn away from this song. It has all of the potential any song could ever need.

#307829 - 08/21/15 11:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Miami, Florida
Planobilly Online   content
Expert

Loc: Miami, Florida
This is a very well done song by any measure.

Slowing something down and keeping everyone in time in a studio with live musicians requires a lot of work.

For any song to sound really good everything has to fit from the first note played until the last note played. The lyrical context has to fit the chord structure and melody line.

Everything is in the right place with what you have done!

I also think this song would be well received on the radio.

Cheers,

Billy

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

#325182 - 12/14/15 01:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
kevinlamb Offline
Enthusiast

Very nice!

#325187 - 12/14/15 01:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
I thought I knew that title. I remember this from last year. Nice to hear it again!! Take care. Greg

#327169 - 12/23/15 02:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: ND
Del Offline
Apprentice

Loc: ND
Nice song Herb! I like the emotion and the message!

#329716 - 01/05/16 08:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: bluage]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Hi, "guitarhacker"...

I listen to "Dust on the Floor" every single time I check into the "User Showcase" forum. Did you have any luck "shopping it around"?

-bluage-

#329737 - 01/06/16 01:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Howdy Herb!

Well, it seems we missed the original. Must have been when we were away for a couple of months. But we sure did enjoy the heck out this version! We grew up in the late 40's thru early 60's (yeah, we're that freaking old!) and this really takes us back.

Loved everything about this. Sounds like it should be n the airways ... definitely pro caliber and just plain old great music!

Best to you, Hope 2016 is your best year ever ...

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#329746 - 01/06/16 04:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: bluage]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bluage
Hi, "guitarhacker"...

I listen to "Dust on the Floor" every single time I check into the "User Showcase" forum. Did you have any luck "shopping it around"?

-bluage-

Nope... it doesn't fit the bro/hip hop country formula so no one there is interested in this kind of music anymore. Unless I had a big country artist as a co-writer who had the clout to get this on their own CD.... there's not much hope of getting a cut in that town.

To everyone who has commented..... thank you for listening.... I know there's quite a few folks who do appreciate good country music, but they ain't in Nashville anymore.

#329941 - 01/07/16 03:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

If it's any consolation, it still so far got 11,000+ views on the forum. That's up there for sure.
BIAB & RB2022(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#329946 - 01/07/16 04:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: VideoTrack]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
If it's any consolation, it still so far got 11,000+ views on the forum. That's up there for sure.

Thanks for pointing that out.... Very cool.

#329966 - 01/07/16 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I guess I missed it the first time around. Yup, a classic "small town dying" song. Well done. I think all of us have to write a least one like this. I wrote one back in 2008, but I lost the files due to a crash. I went and found it on soundclick and I quickly rearranged the lyrics to knock out one chorus and made it shorter. Maybe I will re-record it sometime in the future.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

We've made a great tutorial feature for 7 of the 10 major features of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.
(the other 3 drum stems, track settings, and ReMix Vocal Songs will be covered in "Boot Camp, part 2/2" - coming soon!)

Here is Part 1/2: Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Boot Camp: An introduction to 10 major features and new RealTracks!

Table of Contents:
All Tracks are Equal 00:50
Playable RealTracks 9:00
MultiRiff 24:35
MicroChords 38:24
Motifs 48:51
Volume Node Automation 51:18

Coming soon in part 2:
Drum stems
Track Settings "One-Stop-Shop"
ReMix Vocal Full Songs
222 new RealTracks
1-Click Downloader/Installer

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

Forum Stats
35208 Members
63 Forums
71738 Topics
625004 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
msmcleod, More Cowbell, Guitman321, guibs, Max4910

35208 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 447
Matt Finley 247