Loc: China
My first BIAB post.

https://soundcloud.com/trevorj800/daisys-world

Made with _UKBIGRK.STY HardRok w Crisp&FuzzGui

No other instrumentation.

Daisy's making her appearance at the debutante ball tonight
Wearing scarcely a yard of the finest Versace and oh, it fits so tight
Biff Balboa’s on her left side, on the other is her soldier boy
See the envy on all of the little boys’ faces as their wildest dream is destroyed

No, I do not want to be a part of Daisy’s world

Daisy is headed off to Dillcrest Station now that Woofy’s had her steak tartare
Daddy’s secretary’s typing all her college applications so there’s time for her to shop at Charivar
She’s a girl on a mission to accessorize, you know there’s only one senior prom
Guess who will be the queen with the big brown eyes and the world inside her palm?

No I do not want to be a part of Daisy’s world

Daisy has got her boyfriend, she keeps his picture in a locket by her heart
She keeps her exes in a freezer in the basement so they never have to be apart
She’s such a tawdry little flirt, yes I know that I should stop it
Cause I’ll prob’ly never even get a kiss
But the pain is so excruciatingly delicious that a boy can hardly resist

No I do not want to be a part of Daisy’s world

Edited by HopelessRomantic (01/15/15 04:34 AM)

#280064 - 01/15/15 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Daisy's World [Re: HopelessRomantic]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Trevor,

Welcome to the forum!

An excellent write! "She’s a girl on a mission to accessorize.."

The opening is terrific. Sounds like you've been doing this for quite a while...Solid mix. I thought the drums could come up just a touch (but I generally tell everyone that...)

Very Bowie-ish...the background vocal is nice touch..

Very enjoyable... really looking forward to hearing more...

floyd

#280074 - 01/15/15 05:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Daisy's World [Re: floyd jane]
HopelessRomantic Offline

Hi Floyd,

Thanks for compliments, though I can't take much credit for the mix. I just rendered the BIAB file in stereo and sang over it.

#280102 - 01/15/15 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Daisy's World [Re: HopelessRomantic]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Trevor,

welcome to the forum!
Like Floyd said "very Bowie-ish".
Nice first post.

Guenter

#280106 - 01/15/15 08:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Daisy's World [Re: HopelessRomantic]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Really fun and clever song!! Very well put together musically and lyrically. I think a short bridge or instrumental break would be good at some point in the song. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

#280134 - 01/15/15 12:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Daisy's World [Re: HopelessRomantic]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
First welcome to the forum!

Second this is fantastic.

I love that " She’s such a tawdry little flirt" line.

Great write, mix and vocal.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware

#280136 - 01/15/15 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Daisy's World [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Really fun and clever song!! Very well put together musically and lyrically. I think a short bridge or instrumental break would be good at some point in the song. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

+1 from me
Trevor,
Welcome on the forum.
This is a nice opener. Though I like listening to the various styles on the forum it's nice to have an extra rocker on the scene, hope to hear more from you,
Grtz,
Fred

PG Music News
How to: Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Here's a brief overview video explaining how Styles, RealTracks, MIDI tracks, and MIDI SuperTracks function in Band-in-a-Box®, and how to select them in your project. Please let us know if you have any questions!

How to Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

How to: Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our Tips & Tricks videos are great for quickly learning a feature within Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you know you can you can associate song files so that they open up directly in Band-in-a-Box®? Chantelle explains how in one of our latest videos, Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Ends Sunday, July 31st!

There's still some time left to save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Sunday, July 31, 2022!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Learn more about the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Review

A 5-STAR reveiew - wow!

Read what Sound-Guy (Dennis) has to say about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 with their latest review, Review: Band-in-a-Box 2022.

"Band in a Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to compose, arrange and mix songs."
-Dennis J Wilkins

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is eXtra Ready!

We've made Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows eXtra Ready!

Thinking of adding the new XPro Styles PAK 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 to your Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Download the latest program update, which adds support for these new Add-ons!

Oh, and the XPro Styles PAKs and Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until July 31st... save up to 40%!

Learn more, listen to demos, and purchase:
XPro Styles PAKs
Xtra Styles PAKs

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac - Special EXTENDED to July 31st!

Great news! We've extended our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac special until July 31st!

Order during our special and save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our special and add over 50 new features and a FREE Bonus PAK! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Bonus RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar, Instrumental Studies Set 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing, Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocal Volume 2, RealDrums Stems Set 2, and Look Ma! More MIDI 8) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in these packages, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

How to: Connect a MIDI Keyboard and Change Patches in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our team has put together a video that covers how to connect a MIDI keyboard to Band-in-a-Box, record, and change MIDI patches.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: How to connect a MIDI keyboard and change patches

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Forum Stats
36363 Members
64 Forums
75259 Topics
661637 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Willkho, Jesse, Appoggiatura, Ean, didongthongminh

36363 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 184
AudioTrack 169