You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#281940 - 01/25/15 04:12 PM [User Showcase] New Song - I Found You There
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Once again, I have been out of pocket for the past month. I finally had time this afternoon to put some work into writing a song that has been rolling around in my head for the past week or so. (Thanks to Band In A Box, I can put together these little songs on a very limited time schedule!) In addition to the RealTracks/RealDrums, I played some orchestration using Garriton, and some sofware instruments in Logic Pro X. I hope you like it!

I Found You There

Here are the RT/RD's...
RealTracks in song: 1162:Bass, Acoustic, CelticReel Ev16 110
RealTracks in song: 1945:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm GroovinFolk Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 664:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (A:fpick)
RealTracks in song: 1601:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop16Melodic Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2335:String Quartet, Rhythm PopHall Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealDrums in Song: PraiseWorshipShine^03-a:Kick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Slightly Open

And here are the lyrics...

I Found You There
Copyright Stephen W. Young

When moonlit shadows dance across the ground
And morning frost is in the air
A new day comes to me without a sound
I know that I will find You there

When troubles come to take my dreams away
And questions fill my mind with fear
I see the beauty of another day
And I know that I have found You there

I see You in the clouds of morning
And in the sunshine of the day
The pouring rain
The gentle breeze
They all sing Your song of praise

I've seen the beauty of another day
And I know that I have found You there
I know that I have found You there

#281946 - 01/25/15 04:49 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Steve,

This is so very, very beautiful.

On a writing level, the melody and its arrangement are superb and your performance rings with honesty and sincerity. It sits perfectly. To add to this, the lyrics are wonderfully concise and alive with vivid imagery. Songwriting doesn't get better than this.

On a production level... wow! You always manage to take my breath away with your ability to orchestrate and to mix songs.

It's great to have you back posting. I learn so much from listening to what you do! Even if it's only once a month, that's much better than once a year.

All the best for 2015 smile

A friend below the equator,
Noel

#281947 - 01/25/15 04:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Defiantly Celtic.
I did like this tune.

Very soft and mellow.
Would loved to have heard some harmonies.

Well written good work.
Rob

#281951 - 01/25/15 05:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Earl Gardner Offline

Steve...awesome song. Heartfelt vocal...beautiful music. I'd buy it.

#281957 - 01/25/15 05:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Curt Young Offline
Apprentice

Beautiful.

#281958 - 01/25/15 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Gulf Coast
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Loc: Gulf Coast
Hi Steve,

All of your songs set a high bar and I'm always excited to see you post.

This is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard.
Words fail me.

God bless you.

Josie
Thank you.

#281959 - 01/25/15 05:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Steve,

This is an incredibly beautiful piece. So nice to hear you again.

Bob

#281964 - 01/25/15 06:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Noel96]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Steve,

This is so very, very beautiful.

On a writing level, the melody and its arrangement are superb and your performance rings with honesty and sincerity. It sits perfectly. To add to this, the lyrics are wonderfully concise and alive with vivid imagery. Songwriting doesn't get better than this.

On a production level... wow! You always manage to take my breath away with your ability to orchestrate and to mix songs.

It's great to have you back posting. I learn so much from listening to what you do! Even if it's only once a month, that's much better than once a year.

All the best for 2015 smile

A friend below the equator,
Noel

Exactly what I wanted to say. Plus one from me. This is great.

Charlie

#281991 - 01/26/15 03:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Steve,
First strike, your vocals, a natural talented voice, so beautiful and very well mixed, would you tell me what you use?
The song is wonderful, love the lyrics to. To me, all is perfectly balanced.
G
Fred

#282000 - 01/26/15 05:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Beautiful Steve. Good to hear from you!

Regards,

Bob

#282015 - 01/26/15 07:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Steve,

Always great to see you back...

A beautiful song. An elegant write.

Your typically beautiful vocals and orchestration. Your strings are always so tastefully done and perfect for the song.

Studio quality everything. A joy to listen to.

floyd

#282021 - 01/26/15 07:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Hi Steve,

What a fantastic song, great vocals and lyrics!

A beautiful mix too and I loved the way it builds throughout the song. That minor chord at 3:22 is a great way to lead in to the ending. Thanks for sharing.

Rec

#282027 - 01/26/15 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Hi Steve!

Glad to hear something from you again! Everything you've ever posted has been superb, and this song is too! I'll start by agreeing with Floyd, who said:
Quote:
Steve,

Always great to see you back...

A beautiful song. An elegant write.

Your typically beautiful vocals and orchestration. Your strings are always so tastefully done and perfect for the song.

Studio quality everything. A joy to listen to.

floyd

The Garritan strings in this add a lot of richness and tonal variability to the song... I've been trying to squeak by with regular ol' GM strings, but there is no comparison... next to your songwriting (which is the star of the show) the strings are clearly the co-star from my point of view.

One of the things that I always notice about your songs is that in spite of the layers of instruments you may include in a song, everythings comes in and out of the mix seamlessly. Finding the right spot in the mix for each track is an art you seem to fully understand.

And of course, I like the fact that your songs are usually about faith and family. Are you familiar with Fernando Ortega? This song reminded me of some of his music.

You should talk to Garritan about getting an endorsement deal.. because I'm gonna go buy what I just heard... wink You may be their best salesman.

#282037 - 01/26/15 08:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

a very beautiful song. Beautiful voice and very tasteful orchestration.
You should be able to post more often.

Guenter

#282092 - 01/26/15 01:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautiful song!! Love the sparse, airy arrangement and the way it evolves. Strings work perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing. Great work! Take care. Greg

#282096 - 01/26/15 01:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Steve, You continue to astound with your high level of writing, musicianship and production skills. The vocals have so much presence and clarity it is almost startling (in a good way). The strings are brilliantly composed and played. This is a write, performance and mix of the highest quality. Tom

#282111 - 01/26/15 02:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Top notch for sure! The space you create for every instrument is incredible.

much enjoyed!

#282129 - 01/26/15 04:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Great job. Was this a Christian song? It wasn't clear who the subject of the song was.

The only nit I have is on the bass. It tended to boom a few times but that could have simply been the sub on this computer system.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#282224 - 01/27/15 08:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"When troubles come to take my dreams away
And questions fill my mind with fear
I see the beauty of another day
And I know that I have found You there"

Amen. Try to put aside yesterday and tomorrow
and find it today.

I hear a great write and vocal presented with
an incredibly effective soundstage. Everything
sits in it's respective place so well. Really Nice.

Thanks for the chance to hear this.

J&B

#282256 - 01/27/15 12:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - I Found You There [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Online   content
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Steve,

Beautiful music (love that cello) and great vocals, as always.

Rob and Anne-Marie

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac® Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our Mac special (ending July 15th) and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Holiday Hours - Canada Day (July 1, 2022)

We are celebrating Canada Day on Friday, July 1st - but we're still here!

Our Customer Service hours that day are adjusted to:

Friday, July 1: 8am-4pm PDT

Regular Hours resume Saturday, July 2nd.
www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Happy Independence Day to our USA friends on Monday, July 4th!

New Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Add-ons are Here!

We're excited to say that we've just released some amazing new RealStyles with XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 for Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows or Mac!

XPro Styles PAK 2 includes 100 fresh new RealStyles that will up the utility and fun factor of the Band-in-a-Box® Pro version by adding 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles! XPro Styles PAK 3 goes even further - not only is it packed 100 new RealStyles, it includes 35 RealTracks that are not included with a Pro or MegaPAK purchase - adding even more versatility to what these can do! Sink your teeth into 25 rock/pop styles, 25 jazz/funk styles, 25 country/bluegrass styles, and 25 styles featuring a mix of genres ranging from high energy electro swing to ambient grooves and everything in between.

With the new Xtra Styles PAK 13, we're going to make the number thirteen lucky again! There are 200 new RealStyles for Rock/Pop, Jazz, Country, and Singer-Songwriter. Some examples of what's included: Mellow soundtrack rock, Americana country lullaby, western swing big band, coffee house jazz waltz, jazzy jump blues, songwriter gospel ballad, fast indie rock, vintage clav funk, country pop march, and much, much more!

And they're all ON SALE until July 15th! Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs or XPro Styles PAKs for only $29 per PAK (regular price $49 each)!

Purchase XPro Styles PAKs
Purchase Xtra Styles PAKs
Learn more & watch our video demonstrations

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac is here!

There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 13, XPro Styles PAKs 2 & 3, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until July 15, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase a Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages! For more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!), upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

How to: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Did you know that you can have multiple instances of Band-in-a-Box® open on your computer? There was a conversation about this recently on our Forum, so we put together this video explaining how: Opening Multiple Instances of Band-in-a-Box®

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

How to: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track (RealBand)

Using RealBand and wondering how to replace a MIDI track with an audio track?

We show you how in our RealBand®: Replacing a MIDI Track with an Audio Track
video!

How to: Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Do you want to record your MIDI keyboard into Band-in-a-Box®, but aren't sure where to start? This quick video is what you've been looking for! How to Setup and Record with a MIDI Keyboard in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows.

User Guide: Working with MIDI

Forum Stats
36223 Members
64 Forums
74881 Topics
657558 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Luc B, isH, Dedubya, rknight, JoeBells

36222 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 265