You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#286545 - 03/04/15 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Don't Blame Me
Will Rockwell Offline
Journeyman

This is a cynical song distantly related to George Harrison's "If I Needed Someone". In this case, the guy is setting his girl straight ("I know it's fun, but you're not the one") The only overdubs aside from vocals are the arpeggio guitars.
https://soundcloud.com/willrockwell/dont-blame-mewav

****** Song Summary *************
Title: Don't Blame Me
File:Don't Blame Me.SGU
Key=D , Tempo 134, Length (m:s)=6:03
104 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 105 to bar 136. Repeat x3 choruses
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is _ROKAMER.STY (Pop American Guitar (120 RS))

RealTracks in style: ~388:Bass, Electric, Metal Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 629:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanDirty Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 632:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~1030:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: ~1033:Guitar, 12-String Electric, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 645:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopRockBritEdgy Ev 120
RealDrums in style: NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open

Don't Blame Me

We met in dreams of future scenes
children of the night
She had a car, we traveled far
in freedom from the city lights

Ooh-ooh You do everything I could ask of you
Ooh-ooh some things I could never do
CHORUS
Don't blame me if the sun don't rise tomorrow
Don't blame me if the sky don't fall
I 'm not one to carve your number on me
don't wait up for me to call

It doesn't pay to look your way
when you read between my eyes
I know it's fun, but I'm not the one
and that should come as no surprise

Ooh-ooh You're my only girl, and I want to hold you
Ooh-ooh Such a lonely girl, when I told you
Chorus
short solo
By the shore, the ocean's roar
Spoke my words to you
The words of love, not said enough
But you know every one was true

Ooh-ooh I'll do anything that you want me to
Ooh-ooh One thing I can't give to you
Chorus twice

#286575 - 03/04/15 01:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Blame Me [Re: Will Rockwell]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Nice catchy tune! Well constructed and delivered. Enjoyed the listen! Take care. Greg

#286588 - 03/04/15 02:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Blame Me [Re: Will Rockwell]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Very good. This is a good write, mix and performance. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

#286595 - 03/04/15 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Blame Me [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Will Rockwell Offline
Journeyman

After hearing the mix in the car, I came home and redid the vocal and high backing vocal. Nothing like hearing it in your car to get the cold truth.
I'm developing a bit of a formula on these guitar arpeggio parts. I record two tracks, one with my Stratocaster, the other with the SG, then pan them opposite each other. This is one part that BIB can't do for me, the hook.

#309307 - 09/03/15 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: Don't Blame Me [Re: Will Rockwell]
Will Rockwell Offline
Journeyman

Here is the song remixed with Rickenbacker 12 and some work on the vocals.

https://soundcloud.com/willrockwell/dont-blame-me

PG Music News
Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

Getting together and playing music and writing songs is a wonderful way to spend some free time!

Recently, a few of our Forum members did just that... and they made a video to prove it!

Check out what Charlie Fogle, Eddie, Herb, Pat Marr, David Snyder got up to - and how they did it: Fun with Band-in-a-Box® - A Reunion Event: "Life Is Hard"

...hopefully it inspires you to keep the fun in making music!

How to: Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®

Starting with a RealStyle in Band-in-a-Box®, and want to make one of your tracks a MIDI track? See how this is done using the MIDI Track Picker dialog with our video How to Replace a RealTrack with a MIDI Track in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Band-in-a-Box® Tuba RealTracks

Today (May 6) is International Tuba Day!

Celebrate your love for the Tuba today - add one of our Tuba RealTracks (available in Sets 143, 162, and 248) played by either Brad Muirhead or Philip Santner.

Already have a Band-in-a-Box® song with a Tuba? Share it here!

How to: Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Looking for a specific RealTrack for your song? See how easy it is to search by keyword or file name when you watch our latest video, How to Search for RealTracks in Band-in-a-Box®.

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Today!

Using Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Great news! We've released a free update that enhances many of the MIDI features and Drum Stems tracks, updates the program manual and documentation, and resolves a few user reported issues.

This free update includes additional enhancements to the DAW Plugin, and updates it to version 4.5.33.

Make sure you download this free update today!

Learn more...

How to: Capturing and Adding a Screenshot to the PG Music Forums

The PG Music Forums is packed with an incredibly active community, always happy to discuss and share Band-in-a-Box tips, help with any questions other users have, and of course share their songs!

Want to know how to add a screenshot to your forum post? Follow the steps in our helpful video tutorial.

Band-in-a-Box® Utility Tracks User Tip

#TipTuesday

Utility Tracks were added to Band-in-a-Box® with version 2021. With this feature, there are now 16 editable Utility tracks in Band-in-a-Box®, which can be used for audio and/or MIDI! Generate RealTracks, RealDrums, MIDI tracks, and you can even record or import existing Audio or MIDI files to these tracks!

See how forum user justanoldmuso utilizes this feature to streamline their workflow with their recent post, Side benefit of biab added utility tracks.

Forum Stats
36036 Members
64 Forums
74386 Topics
652723 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
revnev, ColleenLindsey, robertjohn5814, crm88, AgataJohnson

36036 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
AudioTrack 135
MarioD 126