You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#84971 - 09/09/10 04:59 PM [User Showcase] My first BIAB Track -- Finding The Setting Sun
Darren H Offline
Enthusiast

Hi folks.

OK, this is my first proper attempt for recording a full track with Band in a Box.

I used the melody creator to do the whole track.

I replaced the bass, drums and guitar with real tracks and drums and added a Sax Solo.

I exported the midi tracks into Sonar and replaced the melody with a sparkly piano sound and the electric piano with an acoustic.

I imported the real track/drums into sonar and applied compression and other processing bits and bobs.

I actually imported two real bass tracks. As you'll hear, there's a slap bass section during the Sax solo.

Before saving the real tracks/drums as wave files, I removed any reverb, put their volumes up to full and centered them all so that I could control their level and panning from within Sonar.

It's still a little bit messy mix wise, but I think it could work up into something worth listening to.

http://soundcloud.com/the-karmistry-project/finding-the-setting-sun

If you explore my Soundcloud page, you'll see that this isn't my usual style at all.

My aim for BIAB and Real Tracks is to produce Royalty Free music.

Interested in your comments.

Cheers
Darren

#84972 - 09/09/10 09:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: My first BIAB Track -- Finding The Setting Sun [Re: Darren H]
RickeG Offline
Journeyman

Very good first go! You will find that BiaB will cause you to explore genres and styles you would not normally consider only because the parts come with the package. Judging from the chord phrasings it sounds even though this may not be your genre you organize the phrases well.

I think you are going to have a good time exploring in BiaB. And I look forward to your future compositions!

Cheers!
RickeG

#84973 - 09/10/10 12:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: My first BIAB Track -- Finding The Setting Sun [Re: RickeG]
Darren H Offline
Enthusiast

Hi.

Many thanks.

I think understanding song structure and some music theory is essential to get the best from Band in a Box.

So although PG Music says you don't need to be a musician, it really does pay off if you are.

I'm actually looking forward to integrating BIAB with my usual electronic style to create tracks that are both synthetic and organic.

Thanks again for taking a listen.

Cheers
Darren

#84974 - 09/10/10 12:55 PM [User Showcase] Update: new Mix Re: My first BIAB Track -- Finding The Setting Sun [Re: Darren H]
Darren H Offline
Enthusiast

Hi folks.

Following feedback from here and various other avenues, I've remixed the track completely.

http://soundcloud.com/the-karmistry-project/finding-the-setting-sun

I think it was just too busy initially. Just got a bit carried away.

Any and all comments appreciated.

Cheers
Darren

#84975 - 09/10/10 04:56 PM [User Showcase] Update: new Mix Re: My first BIAB Track -- Finding The Setting Sun [Re: Darren H]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Darren,

This is extremely well assembled. I did not hear the first version so I can't draw any comparisons but I really like what I hear in this version.

Regards,
Noel

#84976 - 09/10/10 05:35 PM [User Showcase] Update: new Mix Re: My first BIAB Track -- Finding The Setting Sun [Re: Noel96]
Darren H Offline
Enthusiast

Hi.

Many thanks, I appreciate that.

Cheers
Darren

#84977 - 09/10/10 09:12 PM [User Showcase] Update: new Mix Re: My first BIAB Track -- Finding The Setting Sun [Re: Darren H]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Great job!

Super mix!

Two thumbs up 'cause I live this genre of music!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

PG Music News
Italian Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 per Windows® è arrivato!

Band-in-a-Box® con RealBand 2019: Tutti Pacchetti
Nuove Caratteristiche

Video - Search & Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

Did you know you can Search & Replace Chords in Band-in-a-Box®? Watch this video to see how

Read even more about this feature within Chapter 6 of our Online Manual.

French Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Acoustica® Mixcraft

This video demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 VST DAW Plugin for Windows® in Acoustica® Mixcraft - click here to watch...

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 627 Available

An Update Patch is available to all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users - Build 267! Learn more here.

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Using an external plugin (from the menu Audio > Plugin) would always launch the plugin in English instead of the chosen language in Band-in-a-Box.

German Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Paket
Was ist neu?

Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Mac Build 266 Available!

Attention Band-in-a-Box® for Mac users! Update your Version 2018 with our latest patch, Build 266 here!

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Pressing play might freeze the program if your song has no RealDrums selected and includes style changes at any bar.
Fixed: The Audio Devices window might freeze if re-selecting the same audio device.
Improved: If using unusual audio device settings (eg. bluetooth headphones with a very low sample rate), a warning message will be shown that directs the user to the macOS Audio Device window to adjust their settings.
Fixed: The file open dialog for choosing a custom RealTracks folder would fail.

Forum Stats
29349 Members
60 Forums
57763 Topics
484522 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
burundun, sampedro, N.S., Dek-D, MeanDean

29348 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Janice & Bud 140