You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#8763 - 10/14/08 03:37 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Great Ideas!
fretwizard5 Offline
Enthusiast

I think it would be a great idea to try to come up with artist packages....

For example, Herbie Hancock package which include a bunch of his most popular songs (in his case you would probably have to do 3 seperate one, but I know i would buy all three). and you could do pop with jazz it up arrangements that become more intricate in terms of the real track comping/backing/soloing/melodies,etc

BIAB is an increditable learning tool. You could develop these packages with that in mind. It would have mutiple soloing examples for guitar (ie 16th guitar solo, funk guitar solo & blues guitar solo), an example of solo piano and solo guitar arrangements, you could mix up the "real tracks" for backing variations, melody variations, etc. i think you get the idea. That way you have another direction to go with "real tracks" (RT horn section harmonies for curtis mayfield package, RT strings for george benson songs, RT wah wah for marvin gaye songs). You would be tapping the market of students trying to learn (and learn by covers) and instead of the run of the mill book/cd combo that you could buy, you would be giving them an ever changing interactive book (which is what this already is just the different ideas are a little more intergrated.

Ulitmately being able to use real tracks just as you us the midi notation function is the ultimate plateau but i think i understand the difficulty there. for example, frcing a realtracks solo onto a manual melody, or at least showing notation for what the real tracks are playing.

but that is not required for the above mentioned idea, i would like to see:

HERBIE HANCOCK!
stevie wonder
marvin gaye
grant green
jimmy smith
richard groove holmes
george benson
grover washington jr
curtis matfield
mccoy tyner
keith jarrett

i think you get the idea. sorry bout the book
justin

#285668 - 02/25/15 01:59 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: Great Ideas! [Re: fretwizard5]
Uncle Mickey Offline
Enthusiast

That's a great idea. When I see all these old guitar players on YouTube from various video sources I realize how lucky we are to have their performances and sometimes even instruction such as that by Joe Pass. If the PG Music folks did what you are suggesting then they would be helping to preserve special presentations and teaching from some of the living greats and through this effort help to preserve some of their deeper knowledge plus gain insights into their personalities for now and also the generations of the future.

We don't have enough video and/or teaching from the past masters available on film/video as it is and the new technologies make is so easy and attractive to do. I hope there is a sound business case for it. It would be a stroke of benevolent genius if this can be made to happen.

Can you image if we had a Master Class Video with Duke Ellington or Charlie Christian? Believe me, if any media companies back in the day knew they would still be this popular (think "royalties") 75 years later, we'd probably have such wonders to peruse. Sony bought Columbia Pictures for similar reasons, the value of the archives over time only increases.

I'd really like a Django Reinhardt master Class, please!

#288017 - 03/14/15 06:43 PM [Other Programs Wishlist] Re: Great Ideas! [Re: fretwizard5]
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

Great ideas! Thanks

PG Music News
Find Your Style with the Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Looking for that perfect Style to start your Band-in-a-Box® project with? Don't overlook The Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box®! We update this feature frequently, which allows you to search for a Style that matches a popular song based on title/artist when you type in your criteria within the StylePicker Window.

See this feature in action when you jump to the topic within our 2020 New Features video:
for Windows: 42:37
for Mac: 43:12

Didn't find the song you were searching for? Post your title request to our Wishlist forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box® Titles database and alert our team to work on adding it with the next update - we think that the 3,400 new titles added with Version 2020 is proof that we're paying attention!

Rock Dojo... Top 5 Reasons Why Band-in-a-Box® Rocks!

Check out this nice review from Rock Dojo, Top Five Reasons Why Band-in-a-Box® Rocks!.

Brian, the founder of Rock Dojo, is a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac user, and couldn't be happier with the program.

It doesn't matter whether you're a guitar teacher or a student guitarist, Band-in-a-Box (BIAB) is must-have software to take your teaching practice or your playing to the next level!
-Brian Parham

Thanks for the great feedback Brian!

Band-in-a-Box® Delivery Explained...

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® for Windows or Mac directly from PG Music Inc., you can choose to download your order, ship your order, or BOTH!

Having your Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK shipped? Choose between DVD installation or flash drive installation during the checkout process. Purchasing the UltraPAK or UltraPAK+? These ship pre-installed on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

Don't forget, just because you're order is shipping doesn't mean you can't download it while you wait - you can locate your online order records in your pgmusic.com account, within the "My Products" section.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to the latest build 419 to correct any improper messages for Natural Arrangements, apply VST setting improvements, experience faster customized RealTracks and RealDrums Pickers, and fix a few other user-reported issues within the program.

You'll also receive the latest DAW Plugin version 2.12.15 update, with more than 30 additions and updates, including additional options within context menus, the ability to loop a set of bars by highlighting them, and more!

Learn more about this FREE update and download it here.

Let's Hear Your Band-in-a-Box® Songs!

Working on your first song in Band-in-a-Box®? Or maybe you've built up a great collection of songs... Make sure to share them to the User Showcase Forum where other program users post their original songs too! Receive feedback, build your audience, and connect with other enthusiastic program users - you'll be happy you did!

While you're there, make sure to listen to some of the other great songs posted!

Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Forum Stats
32893 Members
68 Forums
66236 Topics
562775 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Joshmgb, George Tsao, JurgenAH, Dieulefit, ddprod

32892 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 165
VideoTrack 143