Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#289585 - 03/26/15 02:32 PM [User Showcase] Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd)
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Get Go To The Get Out
(If you have any SC problems there is another link at the bottom of the lyric.)

For the first time ever on this forum regarding one of our songs I will say “turn this one up!”

Our last three posts (Hard Times, WTG and Joey) were all pretty mellow country/folk/blues. Janice and I listen to a lot of Lucinda Williams, old and new, and we thought we’d try something in that neck of the woods. Meaning? A gritty girl song with some serious attitude. So I tried to write something for her express this. For sure no profundity in the lyric just, hopefully, some get the heck outa here attitude for Janice to vocally riff with.

Tom (tommyad) played rhythm guitar and a solo that clearly established that this girl is POed! Floyd jane joined in with some harmony and this is the result. Thanks guys!!

A little different for us but BiaB made us do it grin

Comments are always welcome. Thanks for your listening time. Oh, for you folks around the world “get go” is USA slang for the “beginning.” But then y’all may have started it!

J&B

Tommy: Rhythm and lead guitar
Janice: Vocal lead and harmony (Rodes NT mic/Blue Icicle interface)
floyd: Vocal harmony
Bass: RT1843 Ctry Swing
Rhythm guitar: RT 1013 Blues Rock (rendered Direct Input from BiaB with a Logic Pro X distortion amp sim added)
Drums: RD N’ville Swing 8ths
All track and mastering effects via Nectar 2 and/or Ozone 6

Get Go To The Get Out

V1
You had my last call, burned your last bridge 
Pack it up, move on, take all your baggage
Don’t wanna hear from you or your friends
I'm closing up, it’s too late to think about amends 

Refrain
You may not care, I know what you’re about
Cause I've made it from the get go to the get out

V2
It took a while for me to outrun all your rules
I’m a survivor, not like your string of fools
You only love those (that) you can control
And grab all you can before things get old 

Refrain

V3
There are two mountains you’re gonna have to climb
Straighten yourself out, that'll take some time 
I’ll help you with the other one, it’ll be easy
All you gotta do is stay away from me

Refrain

I made it through the get go to the get out
Get out get out get out, etc.

copyright 2015 Janice and Bud Merritt

Alternate Link To Listen:
Get Go To The Get Out

#289589 - 03/26/15 02:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Ooh yes!!
Very, very nice, such a fine groove.
Everything works in this one, top-notch vocals from Janice, Tommy is in perfect shape and Floyd's backing vocal also gives that extra harmonic touch.
One of your best we think!

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#289605 - 03/26/15 06:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Nice bluesy country.
Good write and presentation.
Cheers.

#289607 - 03/26/15 07:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: RnAM]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: R & AM
Ooh yes!!
Everything works in this one, top-notch vocals from Janice, Tommy is in perfect shape and Floyd's backing vocal also gives that extra harmonic touch.

Rob & Anne-Marie

Exactly!! Plus 1 from me. (yep-- turning it up is the trick)

Charlie

Edited by c_fogle (03/27/15 04:54 AM)

#289620 - 03/26/15 09:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Definitely different. Loved the lyrics and I especially liked the vocal attitude and the way you ended it with that rapid fire repeat Janice.

Mighty fine job by all.

Josie

#289636 - 03/27/15 04:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Another hit by I-75!

There's a whole lotta collaboratin' goin' on here! cool

Regards,

Bob

#289653 - 03/27/15 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Janice, Bud, Tommy, Floyd: Well, not much more to say than another great number.
Harmonies, style, lead breaks, mix and more: All wonderfully put together. Really enjoyed the number.

Thanks
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#289657 - 03/27/15 06:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Jeff S Offline
Enthusiast

Great production all around guys. Love the harmonies.

#289658 - 03/27/15 06:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
gruverider Offline
Expert

My socks are gone! You just rocked them off! lol

I would like to hear this one in a rustic old bar with a beer in hand for sure!

ps love me some Lucinda

#289663 - 03/27/15 08:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
You guys make such a great team.
Great story,great music, great vocals.
Thank you one and all.
Rob.

#289671 - 03/27/15 09:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: VideoTrack]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Janice, Bud, Tommy, Floyd: Well, not much more to say than another great number.
Harmonies, style, lead breaks, mix and more: All wonderfully put together. Really enjoyed the number.

I especially like Tommy's unconventional lead and Janice's "pitch bends".

Guenter

#289674 - 03/27/15 09:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
So many cool songs to listen to so little time. So glad I am taking time out to listen to this wonderful collaboration. Good job guys.

#289735 - 03/27/15 04:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Ooh yes!!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Thanks you two. We always look forward to and appreciate your comments.

J&B

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Nice bluesy country.
Good write and presentation.
Cheers.

Glad you liked it!
J&B

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Ooh yes!!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Exactly!! Plus 1 from me. (yep-- turning it up is the trick)

Charlie

Thanks Charlie -- yeah, loud.

#289739 - 03/27/15 04:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi there Janice & Bud + Tom & Floyd.

Great song.

Super performance from Janice, as usual.

I liked the way you managed to work in some rock and blues and yet still retain a country feel to this one.

Very professional all round. Well done team.

ROG.

#289774 - 03/28/15 01:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Janice, Bud, floyd and Tom,

I like the harmonies for "made it from the get go etc" yeh, very much!

nice "off the wall" solo, Tom.

Young Janice makes singing sound so easy, as usual!!

All in all a great JBfT production!!

Alyn

My story

#289799 - 03/28/15 06:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: 90 dB]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Definitely different. Loved the lyrics and I especially liked the vocal attitude and the way you ended it with that rapid fire repeat Janice.

Mighty fine job by all.

Josie

Thank you Josie! The tag was Bud's idea and then Tom echoed it with the guitar. This one was fun.

Janice

Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Another hit by I-75!

There's a whole lotta collaboratin' goin' on here! cool

Regards,

Bob

We appreciate it Bob. Who knows - I-75 may get to actually meet someday!

#289810 - 03/28/15 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Janice, Bud, Tommy, floyd!

Yep! It worked for me all the way from the intro to the outro. This is definitely showcase collaboration material at its absolute best. If this song was a colour, it would have to be 'sparkling gold'; no question about it. Also, congratulations on coming up with such a great hook!

My favourite rhyme was bridge/baggage. After I heard it, I sat here thinking, "I wonder why can't I think of rhymes like that. That's really good." Immediately after that thought swept through my head, I found myself wondering how bridge/garbage would have worked in the same place. I didn't ponder that for too long, though, because then I refocused on the song smile It's such an excellent musical journey that you've all created. And so very well presented in every way - Janice's and floyd's vocals, Tommy's guitar work, and Buds arranging and mixing.

"BIAB made me do it"!!!! LOL. Ain't that the truth. So many genres of composing possibilities and so few hours in a day.

OK ... I'm heading back for my fifth listen now!

All the best to everyone,
Noel

#289848 - 03/28/15 12:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: boehm]
Loc: Belgium
FredM Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Belgium
Originally Posted By: boehm
[quote=VideoTrack]
I especially like Tommy's unconventional lead and Janice's "pitch bends".

Guenter

Rock and Roooooooll ☺

This is a genre I grew up with and you have nailed this one. Great solo from you, Tom, Janice... You sing with an attitude, Floyd, vocals match better than ever. Bud... Great production, great song.

My respect for the fab four V2 ☺

Fred

#289856 - 03/28/15 01:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: Janice & Bud]
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Thanks to everyone who commented on the wild guitar lead. I was having trouble with the fact that it was so unconventional, but Janice straightened me out by explaining that it mirrored the singers emotions. I also would like to bring attention to the arrangement where Bud used snare in the verses and side stick in the choruses which is very unconventional but worked perfectly. Great job on the lead and background vocals and thanks for the opportunity to participate. Tom

#289949 - 03/29/15 06:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: Get Go To The Get Out (with Tom and floyd) [Re: gruverider]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

Thanks

Thanks! Glad it all worked for you.

J&B

Originally Posted By: Jeff S
Great production all around guys. Love the harmonies.

Thank you!

J&B

Originally Posted By: gruverider
My socks are gone! You just rocked them off! lol

I would like to hear this one in a rustic old bar with a beer in hand for sure!

ps love me some Lucinda

Thank you! Glad socks are cheap smile BTW Lucinda's new double CD is remarkable. 20+ great songs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Holiday Hours - Canada Day (July 1, 2020)

We are celebrating Canada Day on Wednesday, July 1st - but we're still here!

Our Customer Service hours that day are adjusted to:

Wednesday, July 1: 8am-4pm PDT

Regular Hours resume Thursday, July 2nd.
www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

They are on sale until June 30th - time is running out!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and VST DAW Plugin for Windows!

Did you see the latest build update announcement for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows?

It’s PACKED with powerful updates, including additional RealCharts, improved RealStyles demos, language support, and significant additions and improvements to the DAW Plugin!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more! In fact, we’ve made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Click here to check it out.

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 b724 for Windows and download it here.

#TipTuesday Band-in-a-Box® Online Manuals - An Excellent Resource!

The Band-in-a-Box® program manuals are available on our Support page - what an excellent online resource to help you get the most out of the program!

Head to our Support | Online Manuals page and you'll have access to both a PDF and an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2018-2020 and RealBand 2018-2020!

Bookmark www.pgmusic.com/manuals/ today!

Review - Xtra Styles PAK 9 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

Remember that wonderful review of Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac we received last month from "Dr. Dave" Walker, Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!?

Well, Dr. Dave is at it again! He's had a chance to work with the newest Xtra Styles PAK 9, and shares his thoughts in his recent Xtra Styles PAK 9 for Band-in-a-Box 2020 – Worth It? post at Dr. Dave On Music - make sure you check it out!

Sneak peak...
...PG Music has gone deeper into several styles, using more or fewer instruments, adding unexpected ones, and giving some surprising make-overs. Others are more focused versions of particular styles with more extreme attention to the best of that genre. Other ones combine styles that sound great, such as adding a banjo to a rock or blues track, or a jazz sax to a folk style. There are many wonderful combinations to try out that will expand any songwriter or arranger’s palette. These are the things that make certain songs stand out, and experimenting with them is not just fun (a lot of fun!) but it will expand your horizons on what is possible and even excellent. For instance, my light jazz arrangement worked very well as a country song, which floored me, and also as a folk-alt-jazz fusion. One sax solo was worth the price of admission alone, as it sounds terrific in any of the arrangements.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Again we say, "Thank you for the review Dr. Dave!" - we really enjoyed reading this enthusiastic review!

Forum Stats
32415 Members
68 Forums
65008 Topics
550745 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
rmg471, folkum, RickC, Brian56, montytwo

32414 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 176
Jim Fogle 145