From what I've read (again, I'm not a doctor).

It's not so much the sugar, but the speed in which it is processed by the body. Low-glycemic carbohydrates enter the blood stream gradually.

Carbohydrates with a high glycemic index or load require a lot of insulin to process, and the insulin is not good for you.

I don't do sugar at all. I'll put Stevia in my coffee (you have to be careful with brands, cheaper ones taste nasty because the cut the stevia leaves with stems).

Your body will run fine without sugar, it goes into ketosis and runs on ketones. At least that's what I've read. I don't go that extreme though. I just make sure the carbs I eat are the kind that get turned into sugar gradually.

Of course, that's my choice, and what I choose to believe. With so much conflicting information out there, we all have to make our own decision.

My friend cut out all sugar and almost all carbs, went ketogenic, got alkaline and bought herself 5.5 years more than her doctors predicted. For most of that time she was in remission.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope it is the best thing for you.

Bob

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks