You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#305965 - 08/10/15 01:26 PM [User Showcase] Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

I've been recovering from a mild stroke and my guitar playing ability is significantly diminished ... might return, might not. Also, we've been dealing with the death of our oldest son and several other issues. So, we've been away for quite some time.

I am playing nothing on this song ... all BIAB tracks. I felt the need to compose something and get a new song posted and this is what I came up with. You can applaud Brent Mason for the guitar work. I take credit only for the concept and arrangement. Hope you like it.

Di sends her best with love and hugs to all. She's in the middle of a major medical issue, also.

We've missed you guys a bunch! Here's the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=13186039&q=hi&newref=1

File:Al - Eternal Charade.SGU
Key=Fm , Tempo 78, Length (m:s)=3:41
4 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 36. Repeat x2 choruses
Melody has 575 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 2337 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is MICHEL1.STY (Michel 1 - Slow Pop Orchestral)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic String Bass (33), Acoustic Piano (1), 49/1 Strings and Brass, GM2 Bank 1, Slow Strings (50),
RealTracks in song: 1706:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBrent Ev 085 (Bluesy)
RealTracks in song: 1838:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGrooveSync4s Ev16 075
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

RealDrums will be substituted :CountryEven16: a: Brushes b: Snare, HiHat

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#305983 - 08/10/15 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I pray that you both will get well soon. You are in our prayers.

Very nice song. Your mixes are always spot on!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#306001 - 08/10/15 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Really nice tune. Good to see a post from you guys again. I enjoyed this.

Charlie

#306034 - 08/11/15 05:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Sounds good, Alan

The best to you and Di

Always good to have you back , even just a little...

-floyd

#306048 - 08/11/15 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Al and Di,

Good to see and hear from you again, even if it's just now and then. You've been in our minds though, during your absence.
The music is beautiful.
We hope you'll both recover soon.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#306080 - 08/11/15 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Hi guys. Sorry for all of your struggles. Keep playin' that guitar Al. People can accomplish incredible recoveries. In the meantime, Brent is a great substitute. He's my favorite "in the box" guitarist. Best to both of you. You guys are a joy on the forum. Keep in touch. Take care. Greg

#306349 - 08/12/15 07:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
gruverider Offline
Expert

It's good to see you have music to turn to in trying times and I'm glad you took time to share. It was a pleasant listen for sure.

Best to you both.

#306352 - 08/12/15 07:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Alan,

Glad to see a post from you! You have been in my prayers. I hope your recovery is swift and complete. And may God continue to comfort you in the loss of your son.

Steve

(Enjoyed the song.)

#306756 - 08/13/15 05:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
mwgilbert Offline
Enthusiast

Hope you feel better soon and find peace with all that's going on.

In the meanwhile, very lovely track - very expressive and sweet listening, and you do use Brent Mason's playing to great advantage!

- MWG
http://www.mwgilbert.com

http://www.mwgilbert.com

#306772 - 08/14/15 06:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Al and Di,
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Sorry for all of your struggles. Keep playin' that guitar Al. People can accomplish incredible recoveries. In the meantime, Brent is a great substitute. He's my favorite "in the box" guitarist. Best to both of you. You guys are a joy on the forum. Keep in touch. Take care.

Greg said it so nicely. Couldn't phrase it better.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#306786 - 08/14/15 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Everything sounds great to us. Sometimes in the hands of talent it is
made so obvious how tremendous RT's are. Pleasant listen indeed.

Best to both of you. Stick around...it could be good for your soul.

Y'all are in our thoughts.

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#306965 - 08/15/15 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Brent Mason. What a player.

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and health issues. Sending prayers to both you and Di.

This sounds so good. Like the studio musicians sat down and cut the song. Excellent job:)
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#306980 - 08/15/15 10:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Everyone ...

A big thanks to all who have come by and left those really nice words. I'm giving a group thank you ... hope that's. Typing is a bit of a challenge right now.

Appreciate everyone's kind thoughts and well-wishes. Getting better all the time!

Alan (& Di)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#307226 - 08/16/15 07:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Thanks for posting - I'm glad that Brent showed up for the gig! wink

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#307313 - 08/17/15 08:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Good to hear you back Al, hope your guitar playing slowly returns also
All the best to Di and take care yourself,

BIAB is wonderful medication and an universal drug cool

Alyn

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29896 Members
61 Forums
59268 Topics
500227 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Barry Lup, Liza2019, WGE, Duderanch, Rob4321

29896 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 144
Janice & Bud 135