You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#305965 - 08/10/15 01:26 PM [User Showcase] Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

I've been recovering from a mild stroke and my guitar playing ability is significantly diminished ... might return, might not. Also, we've been dealing with the death of our oldest son and several other issues. So, we've been away for quite some time.

I am playing nothing on this song ... all BIAB tracks. I felt the need to compose something and get a new song posted and this is what I came up with. You can applaud Brent Mason for the guitar work. I take credit only for the concept and arrangement. Hope you like it.

Di sends her best with love and hugs to all. She's in the middle of a major medical issue, also.

We've missed you guys a bunch! Here's the link:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=13186039&q=hi&newref=1

File:Al - Eternal Charade.SGU
Key=Fm , Tempo 78, Length (m:s)=3:41
4 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 36. Repeat x2 choruses
Melody has 575 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 2337 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,
Style is MICHEL1.STY (Michel 1 - Slow Pop Orchestral)
Style MIDI Instruments are : Acoustic String Bass (33), Acoustic Piano (1), 49/1 Strings and Brass, GM2 Bank 1, Slow Strings (50),
RealTracks in song: 1706:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryBrent Ev 085 (Bluesy)
RealTracks in song: 1838:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopModernGrooveSync4s Ev16 075
MIDI Drums :1 Standard Drum Kit (1)

RealDrums will be substituted :CountryEven16: a: Brushes b: Snare, HiHat

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#305983 - 08/10/15 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I pray that you both will get well soon. You are in our prayers.

Very nice song. Your mixes are always spot on!

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#306001 - 08/10/15 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Really nice tune. Good to see a post from you guys again. I enjoyed this.

Charlie

#306034 - 08/11/15 05:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Sounds good, Alan

The best to you and Di

Always good to have you back , even just a little...

-floyd

#306048 - 08/11/15 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Al and Di,

Good to see and hear from you again, even if it's just now and then. You've been in our minds though, during your absence.
The music is beautiful.
We hope you'll both recover soon.

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#306080 - 08/11/15 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Hi guys. Sorry for all of your struggles. Keep playin' that guitar Al. People can accomplish incredible recoveries. In the meantime, Brent is a great substitute. He's my favorite "in the box" guitarist. Best to both of you. You guys are a joy on the forum. Keep in touch. Take care. Greg

#306349 - 08/12/15 07:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
gruverider Offline
Expert

It's good to see you have music to turn to in trying times and I'm glad you took time to share. It was a pleasant listen for sure.

Best to you both.

#306352 - 08/12/15 07:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Alan,

Glad to see a post from you! You have been in my prayers. I hope your recovery is swift and complete. And may God continue to comfort you in the loss of your son.

Steve

(Enjoyed the song.)

#306756 - 08/13/15 05:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
mwgilbert Offline
Enthusiast

Hope you feel better soon and find peace with all that's going on.

In the meanwhile, very lovely track - very expressive and sweet listening, and you do use Brent Mason's playing to great advantage!

- MWG
http://www.mwgilbert.com

http://www.mwgilbert.com

#306772 - 08/14/15 06:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Greg Johnson]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Al and Di,
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Sorry for all of your struggles. Keep playin' that guitar Al. People can accomplish incredible recoveries. In the meantime, Brent is a great substitute. He's my favorite "in the box" guitarist. Best to both of you. You guys are a joy on the forum. Keep in touch. Take care.

Greg said it so nicely. Couldn't phrase it better.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#306786 - 08/14/15 08:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Everything sounds great to us. Sometimes in the hands of talent it is
made so obvious how tremendous RT's are. Pleasant listen indeed.

Best to both of you. Stick around...it could be good for your soul.

Y'all are in our thoughts.

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#306965 - 08/15/15 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
olemon Offline
Journeyman

Brent Mason. What a player.

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and health issues. Sending prayers to both you and Di.

This sounds so good. Like the studio musicians sat down and cut the song. Excellent job:)
https://soundcloud.com/scott-h-olson

#306980 - 08/15/15 10:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Hi Everyone ...

A big thanks to all who have come by and left those really nice words. I'm giving a group thank you ... hope that's. Typing is a bit of a challenge right now.

Appreciate everyone's kind thoughts and well-wishes. Getting better all the time!

Alan (& Di)

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#307226 - 08/16/15 07:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
Thanks for posting - I'm glad that Brent showed up for the gig! wink

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#307313 - 08/17/15 08:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: Eternal Charade - Guitar Instrumental [Re: Al-David]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Good to hear you back Al, hope your guitar playing slowly returns also
All the best to Di and take care yourself,

BIAB is wonderful medication and an universal drug cool

Alyn

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Program Manuals - Online Resource

Did you know that you can view both a PDF & an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2017-2019 (and RealBand 2018-2019) on our support page? It's a quick and handy way to look up feature explanations, tutorials, and other resources without having to locate your physical manual or the PDF in your BB folder!

Learn more here.

Russian Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is Here!
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - JAWS Screen Reader Announcement!

For anyone that uses the screen reader program JAWS (Job Access with Speech), the scripts for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows is ready for both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions!

Learn more about these JAWS scripts here.

A HUGE THANK YOU to Peter Torpey for all his hard work on these scripts - we really couldn't do this without him!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows: Exporting MIDI

Learn how to export MIDI when you watch our latest video: Exporting MIDI.

Video - Custom Endings (Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows)

You can create your own custom endings within Band-in-a-Box® - just head to your song settings! Anthony explains how to adjust the settings so that your song ending is customized... watch it now: click here.

Read more about Custom Endings in the online manual, here.

Video - The Melody Sequencer & MIDI Channels in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows

In our latest video, Anthony explains using the Melody Sequencer to separate MIDI channels within the program - Watch now!

Read more about this feature.

Customers LOVE Band-in-a-Box®!

Here's some of the wonderful feedback we've received lately:

"I gotta admit Band-in-a-Box is great software. I have version 2018 and I use it for a ton of my videos i make on my YouTube channel."
"Wow this program has come a long way over the years! Great sounding audio tracks!"
"I absolutely love this product and use it everyday."
"If you want to write songs, then you should use Band-in-a-Box. I simply love it! It really produces a professional touch!"
"For an amateur songwriter like me this software is a dream come true and the fact that these musicians have been paid to create these tracks makes me happy to use this software without worrying about ripping people off. Just brilliant!"
"I've been a PG Music customer for over 20 years. Best value for music software product hands down. Create a full backing track in minutes and then experiment with styles and different instruments for a whole evening. The software is so good, it's the main component in TRIO band creator!"
"I bought the UltraPAK - wow what a revelation! There is so much that can be done to create a backing track of your own making! It took a while at first but now I feel like a pro in just a Month its good value for money..."
"I've been using Band-in-a-Box for decades and love it. Now using Reaper with Band-in-a-Box - Band-in-a-Box Rocks more than ever!"
"This is the greatest thing out, I've got it, just fantastic!"
"It's absolutely unique. No other music software can do what Band-in-a-Box does, and with such great results"
"Band-in-a-Box is an incredible product. Once you get up and running (and it doesn't take long at all) the musical possibilities are endless. The sound quality of the various styles and instruments is superb!"

Thank you everyone - we think our customers are AMAZING!

Do you love Band-in-a-Box too? Take a moment to check the Video Testimonials offer that is always available, and you could receive your next version FREE! For inspiration, check out the Video Testimonials that have already been submitted here!

Forum Stats
29651 Members
60 Forums
58494 Topics
492743 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
yoMuzicMan, gitika, Donniebrook, gazebow, Gaspar Vidal

29650 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
rsdean 142
Tommyc 142