You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#308381 - 08/26/15 05:32 PM [User Showcase] New Song - His Mercy
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

This is another song for a worship project I am working on. I played the piano on this one, along with the strings, brass and percussion orchestral arrangements. Of course, the foundation is BB RealTracks and RealDrums. I hope you enjoy it!

His Mercy

Here are the RealTracks/RealDrums used...
RealTracks in song: 2475:Bass, Acoustic, HeldSimple Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1595:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop8thsSteady Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 542:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Dreamy Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 2200:Guitar, Nylon, Background CountryBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 676:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming FolkRockBritEighths Ev 085
RealDrums in Song: PraiseWorshipShine^02-a:Kick, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat

Have a great day!

Steve

#308390 - 08/26/15 06:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Really nice and comforting. Your vocals and arrangement are always spot on. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

#308391 - 08/26/15 06:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Curt Young Offline
Apprentice

Beautiful song, Steve!

Great message. The piano is fabulous...

Edited by Curt Young (08/27/15 12:13 AM)

#308416 - 08/27/15 01:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
WOW Steve great tribute to Christ the King; amazing production work, beautiful is only one of the words that describe this piece; thanks for sharing! God bless you!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#308439 - 08/27/15 09:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

great arrangement, vocals and harmonies.
Very enjoyable listen.

Guenter

#308454 - 08/27/15 01:16 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beyond the stars above
There is a crystal sea
And from a throne of love
He reaches out to me

That just knocked me out!! Beautiful song, and beautiful arrangement/vocals. I found myself wanting another verse (or two). I always expect great things from you Steve, and you never disappoint, but this may be favorite!! Take care. Greg

#308456 - 08/27/15 01:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Steve,

Really beautiful music, vocals and harmonies!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#308586 - 08/28/15 07:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Beautiful, wonderful harmonies.
nice piano.

So relaxing and up to your normal extremely high standards.

Alyn

My story

#308600 - 08/29/15 03:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Very pretty Steve. I would love to get my vocals as clear as yours.
Excellent. Rob.

#308641 - 08/29/15 10:48 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
mwgilbert Offline
Enthusiast

I am not one who generally listens to worship music, so my opinion is just a secular take on the song. You are a great singer and producer, and the sound of the song is so good it brings out the heartfelt nature of your faith! Your arrangement is impeccable. Thanks very much for sharing - a good listen.

http://www.mwgilbert.com

#308738 - 08/30/15 12:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Beautiful and impeccable as always!

#308753 - 08/30/15 04:32 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news......

There's a MAJOR PROBLEM with this song that no one has noticed.

Yes... it's a pretty song..... BUT....

Unfortunately, you have copied, note for note, the melody of another big Christian hit from a few years back called My Savior My God. Aaron Shust used that same exact melody.

The first time I played your song I realized I knew this melody. The opening notes and then when the singing started, yep, this is a copy of a hit song melody. I knew I had heard this before and had played it many times in church.

See for yourself : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96P0bwvpbk4

You should reconsider the melody as it has been written already.

Edited by Guitarhacker (08/30/15 04:33 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#308760 - 08/30/15 05:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Herb, thanks for pointing this out.

Actually I did not copy this song from anyone. I wrote it back the mid 80s when I was still the Minister of Music at Lakewood Church in Houston. It's been sung this way for over 30 years. I also released on a recording back in the 90's (which was widely uncirculated smile ) with my wife on the vocals on it.

I listened to Aaron's song, and acccording to CCLI, it was written and copyrighted in 2005. I don't know if Aaron copied my song or not, and I am not accusing him of such. I guess it is possible he could have heard it somewhere. Churches have been singing it for 30 years or so. Maybe he heard someone playing it somewhere and it stuck in the back of his head. Or it could just be a coincidence. Either way, unless he wrote it before he was born, I didn't copy it from him.

Thanks for your comments. I always appreciate hearing from you.

Steve

#308772 - 08/30/15 08:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Interesting.....

If your song was released in any manner to the public... which apparently it was, according to you.... then you have the original and first copyright.

SO I stand corrected..... Aaron Shust copied YOUR song, note for note. Yeah... it's a good melody and I'll bet there would be any number of music attorneys willing to represent you. AS's version was very popular.

Wikipedia: The song became a #1 hit on Christian radio by April 2006, and was the most played song of the year on Christian adult contemporary radio. It received the "Song of the Year" award at the GMA Dove Awards of 2007.[1]

BTW: Your version of this sounds good.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#308810 - 08/30/15 11:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

By the second chord of the intro these two songs differ. This video from Aaron Shust may help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtiE6vaPZK0

#308814 - 08/30/15 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Charlie Fogle]
Loc: North Carolina, USA
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Carolina, USA
Wow!!! What a great inspirational song!!!! Yes, our God is King!!!

Loved it!!!

DB

HP Pavilion p6-2330; 1T; GB: 22; AMD Processor; Focusrite Scarlett Solo; Line mixer: Seismic Landsland-12p; DAW's: BIAB, Pro Tools 2018.8.1 HD; Wave Pad Sound Editor.

#308834 - 08/30/15 02:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: PgFantastic]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Really nice and comforting. Your vocals and arrangement are always spot on. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

Thanks so much, Charlie! Appreciate your kind words.

Originally Posted By: Curt Young
Beautiful song, Steve!

Great message. The piano is fabulous...

Thanks, Curt. Glad you enjoyed the piano!

Originally Posted By: PgFantastic
WOW Steve great tribute to Christ the King; amazing production work, beautiful is only one of the words that describe this piece; thanks for sharing! God bless you!

Thank you, Robert! Always good to hear from you! Blessings to you, my friend!

#308868 - 08/30/15 10:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sacramento, California
dcuny Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sacramento, California
As usual, a super job - nice write, excellent vocals, great production. Plus, it's covered in a heaping dose of sincerity.

After reading the "controversy" about the melody, your signature takes on a bit more irony... wink

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?

#308939 - 08/31/15 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Steve,

A whole bunch of BEAUTIFUL!

Beautiful write.
Beautiful vocals.
Beautiful arrangement, production and mix.

So incredibly good. Your work is always impressive. This may stand at the top.

a big WOW.

floyd

#308943 - 08/31/15 09:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - His Mercy [Re: Steve Young]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Steve,

Elegantly beautiful. Love everything about it.

Regards,

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 Updated!

PowerTracks Pro Audio 2020 has been updated with a small Free Update Patch that can be downloaded here.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 is packed with 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles, including new gospel & folk categories!

Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info!

See how easy it is to load and use these Loops in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and listen to the demos for these new Loops & Styles when you watch our latest video: Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 Overview & Demos.

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac user? Click here for Mac purchase links and details.

NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loops, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!

He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!

My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Windows is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato duro e abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks (il doppio dei 101 che abbiamo spesso pubblicato in passato), nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi strumentali, trascrizioni RealDrums, stili Extra PAK 8 e altro!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO

Forum Stats
32170 Members
65 Forums
64352 Topics
545528 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
anlynbrns01, Eddie Bollinger, ThierryMT44, Dorian Sequencer, anikmuan

32170 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 197