Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#311046 - 09/20/15 07:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: dcuny]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
Wow! Thanks for doing this song! I was blown away by how good the "players" were! I try to listen to the song before reading anything about it...including to what extent BIAB was used. I was actually worried, or convinced, you were either playing the parts, or had a band that you were a part of. Great job picking RT that go well together.

I like the song all the way around. It seemed confident and laid back, but NEVER even remotely boring. That was GREAT!

Thank you. BIAB has done a great job with these Realtracks and I was happy to put them to use.

Originally Posted By: dcuny
Nice groove!
Glad you liked it!

#311458 - 09/24/15 03:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Lawrence,

This is fantastic. Floyd mentioned that it sounded like band that had been playing together for years. It's so true. What I heard was not BIAB at all. To me, the audio journey was a group of elite musicians making sophisticated music: jazz meets blues meets rock meets funk. The arrangement, the musical interplay, the song and your singing were all bursting with confidence and competence.

Totally enjoyed it.

All the best,
Noel

#311500 - 09/24/15 09:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Lawrence, I love the opening. Great vocal as usual. I might have put a little reverb or delay on the sax but other than that the mix sounds super. Fantastic chord progression and arrangement. Really cool and a great listen. Tom

#311553 - 09/24/15 03:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: tommyad]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Lawrence,

This is fantastic. Floyd mentioned that it sounded like band that had been playing together for years. It's so true. What I heard was not BIAB at all. To me, the audio journey was a group of elite musicians making sophisticated music: jazz meets blues meets rock meets funk. The arrangement, the musical interplay, the song and your singing were all bursting with confidence and competence.

Totally enjoyed it.

All the best,
Noel
Noel, how much fun we are having with BIAB? What a privilege it is to be able to arrange a song so easily and have it sound so professional and be able to share it with other people. Just a joy all around! And thank you for the kind words.

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Lawrence, I love the opening. Great vocal as usual. I might have put a little reverb or delay on the sax but other than that the mix sounds super. Fantastic chord progression and arrangement. Really cool and a great listen. Tom
Thank you Tom. The intro was fun to write. And I am constantly remixing (thanks to soundcloud allowing "replace file") so I will play around with the Fx on the sax.

#312023 - 09/28/15 03:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: gruverider]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Lawrence,

I'm a big fan - always look forward to what you have to offer. This one is really excellent.

Bob

#312971 - 10/04/15 12:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: rsdean]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Lawrence,

I'm a big fan - always look forward to what you have to offer. This one is really excellent.

Bob

Hi Bob, glad you liked it. And I look forward to your songs as well.

#312975 - 10/04/15 01:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: gruverider]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Lawrence,

We thought the intro/solo parts were kind of too busy for our taste.
But, you very successfully managed to emulate that Steely Dan sound.
Yes, this definitely also shows BiaB's versatility.

Rob and Anne-Marie

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

#312979 - 10/04/15 01:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: RnAM]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Hi Lawrence,

We thought the intro/solo parts were kind of too busy for our taste.
But, you very successfully managed to emulate that Steely Dan sound.
Yes, this definitely also shows BiaB's versatility.

Rob and Anne-Marie
Thanks guys. Glad you stopped in for a listen.

#313000 - 10/04/15 03:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
SRP Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Hey I liked the intro! Every instrument sounded as if they were in my room giving me a solo performance. A+ on this one!
Sonny

#313014 - 10/04/15 03:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Very NICE! I love the intro. Your vocals are always good. I agree with Floyd, a little SD needs SNL.

Great use of RealTracks. Like it!

Steve

#313100 - 10/05/15 10:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: Steve Young]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: SRP
Hey I liked the intro! Every instrument sounded as if they were in my room giving me a solo performance. A+ on this one!
Sonny
Thank you Sonny.

Originally Posted By: Steve Young
Very NICE! I love the intro. Your vocals are always good. I agree with Floyd, a little SD needs SNL.

Great use of RealTracks. Like it!

Steve
Thank you Steve.

#313356 - 10/06/15 06:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
Interesting take on the term "soulless" wink

#313430 - 10/07/15 07:47 AM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: Icelander]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Icelander
Interesting take on the term "soulless" wink
I thought it was wink

#313517 - 10/07/15 05:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: gruverider]
Loc: Gulf Coast
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Loc: Gulf Coast
Gruve,

+1 to all the accolades said already.

I loved your opening line - "Half a sandwich in your left hand/ half a pickle in your right" - now that's an attention grabber.

Your first with BIAB - wow how cool is that...

Josie

#313519 - 10/07/15 05:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Soulless Confrontation [Re: Sundance]
gruverider Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Gruve,

+1 to all the accolades said already.

I loved your opening line - "Half a sandwich in your left hand/ half a pickle in your right" - now that's an attention grabber.

Your first with BIAB - wow how cool is that...

Josie
Thanks for listening and commenting. Yes, I've always come to BAIB after I've finished writing the song on guitar. So choosing a Style, key and tempo, then typing in chords and then playing it back over and over until a melody emerged was a fun experience.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
How to: Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

Here's a brief overview video explaining how Styles, RealTracks, MIDI tracks, and MIDI SuperTracks function in Band-in-a-Box®, and how to select them in your project. Please let us know if you have any questions!

How to Select Styles, RealTracks, and MIDI SuperTracks in Band-in-a-Box®

How to: Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our Tips & Tricks videos are great for quickly learning a feature within Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you know you can you can associate song files so that they open up directly in Band-in-a-Box®? Chantelle explains how in one of our latest videos, Associating Song Files with Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

The Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac Ends Sunday, July 31st!

There's still some time left to save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK, but only if you place your order before 11:59pm PDT Sunday, July 31, 2022!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

Learn more about the new features added to Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Review

A 5-STAR reveiew - wow!

Read what Sound-Guy (Dennis) has to say about Band-in-a-Box® 2022 with their latest review, Review: Band-in-a-Box 2022.

"Band in a Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to compose, arrange and mix songs."
-Dennis J Wilkins

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is eXtra Ready!

We've made Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows eXtra Ready!

Thinking of adding the new XPro Styles PAK 3 and Xtra Styles PAK 13 to your Band-in-a-Box 2022 for Windows? Download the latest program update, which adds support for these new Add-ons!

Oh, and the XPro Styles PAKs and Xtra Styles PAKs are ON SALE until July 31st... save up to 40%!

Learn more, listen to demos, and purchase:
XPro Styles PAKs
Xtra Styles PAKs

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac - Special EXTENDED to July 31st!

Great news! We've extended our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac special until July 31st!

Order during our special and save up to 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Mac upgrades and receive a FREE Bonus PAK!

Purchase your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during our special and add over 50 new features and a FREE Bonus PAK! We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Bonus RealTracks, MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar, Instrumental Studies Set 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing, Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocal Volume 2, RealDrums Stems Set 2, and Look Ma! More MIDI 8) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in these packages, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. Need help deciding? Let us know - we're here to help!

How to: Connect a MIDI Keyboard and Change Patches in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac

Our team has put together a video that covers how to connect a MIDI keyboard to Band-in-a-Box, record, and change MIDI patches.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® for Mac: How to connect a MIDI keyboard and change patches

Want to see a quick video tutorial that's not on our Tips & Tricks list? You can post your request to our I want a video that shows me how to .... forum.

Forum Stats
36368 Members
64 Forums
75276 Topics
661848 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Dennis R, Debbie, TimTom, Gusclo55, Lucnguyen

36368 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 186
AudioTrack 180