Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
floyd jane #310839 09/18/15 03:46 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Floyd and Janice. Wow. I hate it when my beer gets watered down.

Yes, you nailed it. Another Signature delivery. You certainly captured what you set out to do.

Always a pleasure to listen to your material. This one is no exception.

Trev

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
floyd jane #310840 09/18/15 03:49 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
Quote:
My only hope is that this style of country music makes a come back at some time. They seem to be heading in the opposite direction following along behind pop trends..... but we can still keep it alive by writing great "new" old country songs.

this music will be alive for a long time to come... in live performances. The world of live music is a completely different animal than the world of radio music. Music festivals exist primarily to keep the old stuff alive. And there's a reason why so many bands play the same songs: they just don't want to play the new stuff

There is much inside talk that says it is in the process of swinging back... it may be 6 months to a year before it begins to find it's way to the public (radio) - the "country rap" thing needs to finish it's run first - radio is typically a year lag to what is currently being written and recorded... But we may see the "story song" return down the road...

(it will likely be "different" than what it has been in the past - some type of "evolved" story/furniture song - an mix of what it used to be and the "new stuff" all jumbled up... time will tell...)

the Henley CD you posted will do a lot to keep it alive if not turn it around.

Floyd, I hope you enter that Chris Austin song contest. The judges are Nashville industry types. Previous winners have gone on to some measure of success. The time and energy you've devoted to understanding and developing this music would surely put you head and shoulders above 99% of the other contenders.

The fact that it is part of the Merlefest system of embracing the past alongside the present suggests that more traditional offerings might be considered in a different light than in a Nashville producers office.

Charlie Fogle #310856 09/18/15 05:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Bekah500
WOW well done!! Its gorgeous! Perfect classic country! I can just imagine this in a movie

Bekah - Thanks for the nice comments... appreciate you stopping in for a listen...

Originally Posted By: gibson
floyd,

Damn!!
A stunning country song sung with such conviction as usual.

I can imagine you two singing this on stage, with the audience gently swaying to the wonderful tune, both of you deep in the words.

LOVE the stops/ emphasis, under the lyrics in chorus " all on my own".

This is an excellent lesson in classic country, beautiful.

Amazing that it is 3.55 'cos it goes so quickly and deserves many plays.
It's a lovely day in Wales and so the door was open and the amp wound up so the neighbours can appreciate it also.

Quote:
You are the best, girl! And thank you, Bud..
I whole heartedly agree, Janice's voice is astounding and compliments yours so well.

All in all that deserves a standing ovation to all involved!

time for another play.

floyd, and Janice, you keep getting better with each song. How do you do it????

Alyn

What a nice review, Alyn... we thank you... hope the neighbors enjoyed it...

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Great classic country feel with this one. Nailed it.

The icing on the cake would be a promo photo of you and Janice dressed circa 1970 in polyester and complete with the hair-do's standing in front of a wall with a huge NASCAR poster of David Pearson and Richard Petty dueling for first place coming out of turn 4.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie....

So is this what you had in mind?

floyd jane #310858 09/18/15 06:28 AM
User Showcase
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

Great classic country feel with this one. Nailed it.

The icing on the cake would be a promo photo of you and Janice dressed circa 1970 in polyester and complete with the hair-do's standing in front of a wall with a huge NASCAR poster of David Pearson and Richard Petty dueling for first place coming out of turn 4.

Charlie

Thanks, Charlie....

So is this what you had in mind?

Yep. That's the feel I'd be going for on the album cover so there would be no confusion between your 'real' country with modern country. I'm not sure why the polyester fad ever faded???

Last edited by c_fogle; 09/18/15 06:29 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
floyd jane #310893 09/18/15 01:23 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Sounds great! crisp and clear, Wonderful vocals from both of you! and well written lyrics

great song!

gruverider #310930 09/19/15 02:30 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gruverider
Sounds great! crisp and clear, Wonderful vocals from both of you! and well written lyrics

great song!

What he said. I really like the polyester suits too. Now that's Show Business! grin

Regards,

Bob

boehm #310981 09/19/15 10:56 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: HearToLearn
I have to say, your lyric writing is great, but your delivery makes it even better.

I always love your inflection!

Great song. Well performed!

Thanks for the share!

Thanks, Caaron.... appreciate that... (so when will we hear your next?)

Originally Posted By: Carolyne
Great song. I guess Learning is the one thing we never grow too old to do. I like it.
Carolyne

Thanks, Carolyne....

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Floyd,

though I'm not the biggest fan of hard-core Country
I didn't run away. The delivery is too good.
Vocals and harmonies are great. And the drums
sound is fantastic.
I drink my beer out of the bottle so it's hard
to cry into it.
But I enjoyed it a lot anyway.

Guenter

Guenter - thank you - appreciate your nice review - and the chuckle...

PeterF #311052 09/20/15 05:37 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: mwgilbert
For my taste, old school country music has to be really(!) well done for me to appreciate it. Well, your track is really well done!

You and your great singing partner sing the song with great heart and conviction, and you accompany the vocals with an instrumental backing that is both tasty and tasteful.

I find this kind of genuineness much more appealing than the more commercial so-called 'contemporary' country music. It's real, and it could be part of the the soundtrack to a Larry McMurtry novel.

Thanks for that, Michael. It is always great to sing with Janice.
HA! I think Larry would likely be going to his son first...

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Beautifully put together. Great vocals.

Thanks, Peter.

Pat Marr #311053 09/20/15 05:54 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Its so easy to appreciate your delivery... your voice is such a good match for the genre, but unlike anyone else's... you have a totally unique signature sound.

And your collaborations with Janice are exactly right every single time... the two of you have a musical chemistry that just works. I'm glad that this forum has brought this musical team together, and I suspect you have a lot more great songs to come yet!

But even a sound as good as yours could potentially get tiring if you didn't keep it fresh... and your secret freshness ingredient is lyric writing.

Some people get lucky and come up with a really clever concept... some get luckier and craft the lyrics to the concept just perfectly.

But you have that special knack for doing it every single time! You are one of the rare song writers who has achieved the state of "conscious competence" in which you don't have to rely on luck or epiphany... you KNOW what works, so you can reproduce your victories.

In this case, I really liked the various ways you developed the theme of "learning" and tied it into the topic of lost love. Just MASTERFUL!

Pat - it is so very nice to see you back 'round these here parts... always enjoy reading your thoughts on songs in the showcase - thank you for such a nice "review"... certainly appreciated. I am quite fortunate to have "run into" Janice and Bud - here in the forum - to do music with...a pure joy every time...

floyd jane #311060 09/20/15 07:39 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hello,

great song!!

great the background voice too.

Hello.

Sergio

Sergio
dcuny #311141 09/21/15 04:21 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Being a beer lover, I love the "tears in your beer" feel!! Floyd, this song feels like it was born an old classic. Arrangement is great (love those piano accents) and the harmonies are out of this world (knew who that was before checking the credits)! Everything works great. Enjoyed much (as I expected I would)! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg - always enjoy hearing your impressions of a song!

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Fabulous Floyd. I love this stuff.
Always thought that simple music well played (and presented) was the most fun.
Nice keyboard. Makes me feel like drinking. Cheers.

Appreciate that, Richard....

Originally Posted By: dcuny
As Charlie so eloquently said: Nailed it. smile

Thanks, David....

floyd jane #311144 09/21/15 05:05 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A superb song Floyd, and perfectly delivered vocals. Love it.

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Guitarhacker #311242 09/22/15 02:01 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Don Gaynor
Floyd, this is definitely another keeper, as is everything you do! Your voice is subtlety unique and pleasant. Your diction is clear and concise, very easy to understand.

+1 for "nailed it!"

Don - always appreciate you coming around for a listen... I hope all is going well for you - it has been quite a big time for you lately, hasn't it!!

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I guar-en-damn-tee-ya... now that right there is country music the way it's supposed to be.

All good from the first note to the last.

I really liked the subtle BGV ... reminded me a lot of the songs Janie Fricky used to sing backup on. Of course Janie was a great country singer and a star on her own.... but her backup work is simply stellar. This reminded me immediately of her work in years past.

At close to 4 minutes, you didn't have a lot of spare time to do other stuff, but I could not help but think, this would have really been superb with a short half-verse solo featuring a fiddle lead. But it is what it is and time is of the essence in songs.

My only hope is that this style of country music makes a come back at some time. They seem to be heading in the opposite direction following along behind pop trends..... but we can still keep it alive by writing great "new" old country songs.

Good melody, good structure, good vocal performances, Great job on this.

Thanks, Herb - appreciate all that. Just couldn't see having any leads in this - never like going over about 3:20 as it is...

Pat Marr #311379 09/23/15 04:04 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Floyd and Janice. Wow. I hate it when my beer gets watered down.

Yes, you nailed it. Another Signature delivery. You certainly captured what you set out to do.

Always a pleasure to listen to your material. This one is no exception.

Trev

LOL - Trevor, thanks for stopping by for a listen (and for the chuckle)...

the Henley CD you posted will do a lot to keep it alive if not turn it around.

Floyd, I hope you enter that Chris Austin song contest. The judges are Nashville industry types. Previous winners have gone on to some measure of success. The time and energy you've devoted to understanding and developing this music would surely put you head and shoulders above 99% of the other contenders.

The fact that it is part of the Merlefest system of embracing the past alongside the present suggests that more traditional offerings might be considered in a different light than in a Nashville producers office.

I've listened to the Henley CD a few times now. I think it will be interesting to see how it is received. There will be a certain segment of his fan base that don't like it (too Country). There is nothing about it that "lights a new spark" to what is essentially a 90's Nashville sound. Which is a shame, because it did have the potential to get people to re-evaluate that... There are no real standout songs (IMO) like there typically are on a Henley record (although I really like "Words Can Break Your Heart").

It's cool that you are pushing the Merlefest thing here...

floyd jane #311438 09/23/15 01:25 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I've listened to the Henley CD a few times now. I think it will be interesting to see how it is received. There will be a certain segment of his fan base that don't like it (too Country).

here in NC the people who were Henley fans in the 70s pretty much all moved on to country... so I think it will be well received here.

Quote:
There is nothing about it that "lights a new spark" to what is essentially a 90's Nashville sound. Which is a shame, because it did have the potential to get people to re-evaluate that... There are no real standout songs (IMO) like there typically are on a Henley record (although I really like "Words Can Break Your Heart").

I think in this case it isn't so much about something new as it is about reminding people that the past is worth holding onto. (And certainly not worth trading for something of lesser value.)

Henley has enough established fans... and so do the people who appeared on his CD... to make industry people sit up and take notice that there is still a market in baby boomers. If it even delays the move away from 90s country, then... mission accomplished?

Quote:
It's cool that you are pushing the Merlefest thing here...

I just think that there are multiple people on this forum who write MUCH better songs than the ones that have won this contest the past few years, and nothing would please me more than to see ALL of the prizes go to forum members in 2016. WE already know who writes the killer songs... the judges won't know unless y'all submit something!

Every song writer has his/her gem, the one they regard mostly highly. (Dang, Floyd.. you have a whole jewelry store full!)

35 bucks is chump change compared to the potential here.

With Taxi, people pay money (a lot more than $35) in HOPE that it will get forwarded to a decision maker. In this contest, the judges ARE decision-makers... so effectively, 100% of submissions will get through to somebody... in fact, to MULTIPLE somebodies... of industry standing.

So just by submitting one song, you are already ahead of the average TAXI member... you will have gotten one through!

I hope EVERYBODY here submits something. Oct 1st is when they start accepting submissions.

Sorry for hijacking your thread. But maybe a year from now your "people" will be intercepting all email, and I'll never be able to contact you again. ;-)

90 dB #311471 09/24/15 02:39 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran

Yep. That's the feel I'd be going for on the album cover so there would be no confusion between your 'real' country with modern country. I'm not sure why the polyester fad ever faded???

We've ordered the fabric - and the rhinestones smile

great song!

Thanks, Lawrence...

Originally Posted By: 90 dB

great song!

What he said. I really like the polyester suits too. Now that's Show Business! grin

Regards,

Bob

Thanks, Colonel! We always look to you for guidance... hoping to one day get that audition at "The Starmaker Machine"!!!!

floyd jane #311503 09/24/15 06:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Wow! This is right up my alley. The bass sounds great in this. The vocals are outstanding! Great write. The editing is super. Everything coming in when it should. Real classic jukebox tearjerker. I have listened several times and no doubt will listen several more. Tom

tommyad #311624 09/25/15 04:25 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri
Hello,

great song!!

great the background voice too.

Hello.

Sergio

Thank you, Sergio....

Originally Posted By: Skyline
A superb song Floyd, and perfectly delivered vocals. Love it.

John

Appreciate that, John.... good to see you!

Pat - thanks again for stopping by... all good points...it would be cool to see someone from here at least get to the finals...

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Wow! This is right up my alley. The bass sounds great in this. The vocals are outstanding! Great write. The editing is super. Everything coming in when it should. Real classic jukebox tearjerker. I have listened several times and no doubt will listen several more. Tom

Always pleased to have you come 'round for a listen, Tom... especially this time - we missed ya! Thanks!

floyd jane #311879 09/27/15 04:18 PM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Floyd,
You are the "gold standard" for us. Another great production!
SD

floyd jane #312016 09/28/15 12:29 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

You really nailed the vibe on this one... The combination of your vocal with Janice is perfect. Loved everything about it.

Bob

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,639
Posts735,351
Members38,524
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
OlvaJownDay, Tranner Track, Ely Bass, Barking, SYOTR
38,524 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 182
DC Ron 98
dcuny 89
DrDan 70
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.