You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#312317 - 09/30/15 05:55 PM [User Showcase] Whenever I See You
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

I have been out for a few weeks, dealing with life. smile I hope to be around more frequently.

I just re-arranged and re-recorded this song that I actually wrote 5 years ago, after both my daughters got married within a 12 month time frame (the year of my almost-bankruptcy). I was thinking about all the feelings and emotions that a dad experiences when he gives his daughter away for marriage, and wrote this song. I hope you enjoy it...

Whenever I See You

Here are the RT's/RD's used...

RealTracks in song: 1036:Bass, Electric, NorthernRockBallad Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 910:Piano, Electric, Rhythm SmoothBallad Ev16 065
RealTracks in song: 522:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 869:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm ModernRnBRockWarmA-B Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 621:Pedal Steel, Background Easy Ev 136
RealTracks in song: 511:Guitar, Electric, Soloist Dire Ev 140
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleBrushesCountryPopEv16: a: Sidestick, Brushes b: Brushes

Edited by Steve Young (09/30/15 07:55 PM)

#312319 - 09/30/15 06:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Steve,

I always look forward to hearing your songs. I think you have just written a new wedding standard with this one! Very beautiful and touching - great arrangement and vocal delivery as usual. So well done!

Bob

#312323 - 09/30/15 07:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
SRP Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Only a real loving dad could write such words and mean every word of it. I enjoyed your experience through this song and it is refreshing to hear dads express their love for their family. Nice song with good choice of instruments to compliment your voice. I like your guitar solo and the chords you used in the fiddle part.
Sonny

#312333 - 09/30/15 08:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Akron, Oh
eddie1261 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Akron, Oh
Very nice. Lyrics that evoke deep thought from anyone who has been through this. (I have not.)

Plus you have a voice that is so spot on accurate that the singing almost becomes subliminal and allows the listener to focus on those lyrics. Well done.

#312337 - 09/30/15 09:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Hey Steve. This is a great tune.
I love the clarity of the mix.
Rob

#312340 - 09/30/15 09:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Top notch write, performance and production. I enjoyed the melody of this one.

Charlie

#312405 - 10/01/15 09:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

a beautiful song in every aspect.
I enjoyed listening a lot.

Guenter

#312423 - 10/01/15 10:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Steve,

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SONG!!
As Sonny said
Quote:
Only a real loving dad could write such words and mean every word of it. I enjoyed your experience through this song and it is refreshing to hear dads express their love for their family. Nice song with good choice of instruments to compliment your voice. I like your guitar solo and the chords you used in the fiddle part.
Sonny

I agree with every word he wrote

Alyn

My story

#312438 - 10/01/15 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Almost got teary with this one!! I have an 11 year old daughter and still clearly remember carrying her as a baby. I reflect on her future (and my son's) and think about things like career and marriage. This is a very touching and beautiful song. Arrangement and vocal were excellent as usual. Very sweeeeeet stuff!! Take care. Greg

#312533 - 10/02/15 06:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Steve, Your vocals are tremendous! Nicely written song and a fantastic arrangement. Every instrument is so separated and clear in the mix. Superb editing throughout. I like hearing just that little bit of steel near the end. you are a master at assembling these parts and the time you take and the care you show is clearly evident. Just Beautiful. Tom

#312666 - 10/02/15 05:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Hello Steve,

As you know, we're always looking forward to your new contributions.
This is beautiful!
Outstanding vocals and a very professional use of the Pedal Steel RT!
The Dire soloist also works nicely here.

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#312679 - 10/02/15 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: eddie1261]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

I always look forward to hearing your songs. I think you have just written a new wedding standard with this one! Very beautiful and touching - great arrangement and vocal delivery as usual. So well done!

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Always great to hear from you. Glad you like it.

Originally Posted By: SRP
Sonny

Thank you, Sonny. I have been very blessed with a wonderful, close-knit family. Thanks for your kind words!

Originally Posted By: eddie1261
Very nice. Lyrics that evoke deep thought from anyone who has been through this. (I have not.)

Plus you have a voice that is so spot on accurate that the singing almost becomes subliminal and allows the listener to focus on those lyrics. Well done.

Hi Eddy! Nice to see you back around here. Really appreciate your very kind words.

#312685 - 10/02/15 06:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Beautifully written and beautifully done Steve.

Josie

#312712 - 10/03/15 02:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy
Hello,

nice song, very melodic.
you've got a great voice for this kind of music.
I enjoyed it.

Hello.
Sergio.

Sergio

#312715 - 10/03/15 03:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
What a lovely song Steve, an arrangement smooth as honey. Top class vocals as usual. Thanks for letting us hear this one.

John
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#312766 - 10/03/15 07:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Steve, Your vocals are tremendous! Nicely written song and a fantastic arrangement. Every instrument is so separated and clear in the mix. Superb editing throughout. I like hearing just that little bit of steel near the end. you are a master at assembling these parts and the time you take and the care you show is clearly evident. Just Beautiful. Tom

Steve - Tom often says the same things I think as listen...so +1 to all he said...

As always, your production is a work of art. Super nice editing on the Dire solo to keep it from sounding like "the Dire solo" (that it so often does).

It is a real talent to be able to write "plain speak" lyrics that convey real emotion (and do not sound trite)... you do that so well, so consistently.

There is a reason that "Beautiful" is used so often to describe your work.

floyd

PS - thanks for the nice comments in the Learning thread (didn't want to bump it again)

#312796 - 10/03/15 09:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Gorgeous country ballad here. Excellent work. Love the arrangement.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#312838 - 10/03/15 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Lovely! What a tribute for them and with such feeling from Dad. And then
the icing on the cake consists of the heartfelt write and vocals. Oh, and
then there is the Steve Young high bar production values to marinate
it all. Greg and floyd used up the best superlatives for this...but we
sincerely agree with them.

Wonderful.

J&B

#312847 - 10/03/15 03:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Steve,

I don't know what's in the drinking water at Canyon Lake TX but... wow! You consistently present the forum with outstanding work. The melodies you write are amongst the best I've ever heard, your arrangements always hook my imagination and effortlessly carry me along on the song's journey and your lyrics are so very effective.

"Beautiful" is an absolute pleasure to listen to. I honestly don't think that music can get any better than this.

I hope that all is travelling well for you and your family,
Noel

#313016 - 10/04/15 03:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Whenever I See You [Re: Greg Johnson]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Hey Steve. This is a great tune.
I love the clarity of the mix.
Rob

Hey Rob, good to hear from you. Glad you like the mix. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
Top notch write, performance and production. I enjoyed the melody of this one.

Charlie

Charlie, thanks for dropping in on this one. Really appreciate your kind words. Glad you enjoyed it.

Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Steve,

a beautiful song in every aspect.
I enjoyed listening a lot.

Guenter

Thanks, Guenter! Always good to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: gibson
Steve,

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SONG!!
As Sonny said
Quote:
Sonny

I agree with every word he wrote

Alyn

Hi Alyn, thanks so much! Appreciate you taking the time to listen and post!

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Almost got teary with this one!! I have an 11 year old daughter and still clearly remember carrying her as a baby. I reflect on her future (and my son's) and think about things like career and marriage. This is a very touching and beautiful song. Arrangement and vocal were excellent as usual. Very sweeeeeet stuff!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg! I still had a hard time singing it when I recorded it this week, even after 5 years. I think it must be allergy season, my throat kept getting choked up! smile My youngest is now 30, and between the 2 daughters we now have 4 grandkids, and a 5th on the way. Life is good! Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32612 Members
68 Forums
65541 Topics
555707 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Elwood, qbpremier321, Mtsac, Wavd, marshrush

32611 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 185