Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel, i like the write. It flows easily and makes for a natural sounding smooth delivery of your outstanding vocal. The mix and arrangement are up to your usual high standards and make for a compelling listen. I enjoyed the video. Top notch and professional in all regards. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We joined floyd in having to look up frangipani! smile and like him we thought the chorus was
outstanding.

Watching the video was quite a ride for us "grab three chords and hang on" old bluegrass
pickers. Structures like that are light years beyond our writing...but that doesn't mean
we can't enjoy them especially as we tend more to listening to the "total package" rather
than parsing components out.

Thematically wise we really like these "longing for something out there" songs and this is perfect
for that. Some of the dots are connected and others are left for the listener.

Add a fine vocal, arrangement and RT choice and it becomes very nice ear candy. BTW, it's
interesting that the inspiration came from a loop...we've heard that before from musicians
and it such an interesting way to start.

Thanks for the chance to hear (and watch) this! It was really enjoyable.

J&B

User Showcase
SRP Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
You have such a quite and strong production process that I really like. I do not know what you use but it is very professional sounding. The vocals hit the mark and very enjoyable. The band was a good choice and very powerful and the video is a nice touch that I think is very clever. Great job!
Sonny

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Wow Noel, a really great song. This one flows very naturally.
Thanks for the nod to me about the video, and it is exactly what I surmised, expanding the song to 'see' what we 'hear' and gain a teachable moment.

I think the video allows the BIAB user to get a meaningful and technical insight into the song. For the non-BIAB user, they can follow along with the chord progression and also hopefully to get motivated to purchase their own copy of BIAB because if nothing else, the video accentuates the PGMusic marketing piece and makes it appear you simply enter your chord progression, choose a style and sing-a-long with your song. LOL, those little red squares and red chord/dots swiftly pass by un-noticed.

It's good to see that others have commented favorably about including the Biab video feature.

As usual, top shelf lyric and story, excellent mix and great vocals. I enjoyed the backing vocals and think they sit perfectly in the mix.

Enjoyed this from start to finish.

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

It's good to see you. I'm glad the video is what you were after. Thanks for suggesting it! Apart from once testing this feature in BIAB 2015, I've never really used it. Your post got me thinking about it. I won't promise a video every time but I will keep it in mind and will post one every now and then.

Also, thanks for your generous comments! You made me smile smile

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: boehm
Hi Noel,
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
As usual, top shelf lyric and story, excellent mix and great vocals. I enjoyed the backing vocals and think they sit perfectly in the mix.
Enjoyed this from start to finish.

+1 I couldn't say it better.
The video is a nice touch.

Guenter

Hi Guenter,

I appreciate your passing through the thread. Thank you for making time to listen and watch. When I first saw the finished video, my thought was "I'm glad Charlie suggested it." It's good to read that it appealed to you.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Noel.

I was hooked by the rhythm right from the start and then there's that beautifully smooth vocal floating over the top of it.

Great song and I especially liked the harmonies.

Where the lead guitar link came in I was hoping for a solo, but then I always am!

Cheers, ROG.

Hi ROG,

Thanks for dropping in and listening. I appreciate your time and your comments. Now if only I had your instrumental skills to add to what BIAB could do, that would be cool! Maybe one day.... in the meantime, I'll just rely 100% on BIAB. It's such a fantastic program!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Noel this is fantastic. I really liked the chord progression, backing tracks, lyrics and especially your vocals.

Great song!

Hey Mario.

Thanks for the comments. I appreciated the grin that came with them. I rarely write songs in minor keys and it was an interesting change.

Thanks again!
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very cool song Noel!! Great energy and passion. I really like the change to a very optimistic feel in the chords/melody of the chorus. Mix is excellent. Very nicely done all the way around!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Very nice, Noel. Enjoyed the listen.

Regards,

Bob

Thanks, Bob. By the way, I like your new avatar. Very clever.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Beautiful melody! very enjoyable.

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for dropping in and listening. BIAB is such a great songwriting tool! I can't imagine life without it.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Wow!!!well done mate. Very original.
Love the video. Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for taking the time. I like your new avatar - classy in a country kind of way!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RnAM
Well Noel,

This is definitely something else than your other contributions we've heard so far. Very nice rhythm/arrangement, smooth and relaxed groove.
What's not to like smile ?

Rob and Anne-Marie

Hi there RnAM,

It's good to see you both. I appreciate your having a listen and commenting. Thank you. I'm not in your league yet.... but if I keep practising, who knows what will happen!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Sundance
Great sound Noel! This style suits you really well and the tight well written lyrical journey with it's deft choices of imagery held me from start to finish.

Hi Josie,

It's always good to see you. Thanks for the feedback and the smiles that came with it. It seems as though all those Pat Pattison seminars I've been to are starting to sink in! Now that would be cool if it's true smile Time will tell.

Once again, thanks for passing through.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,

This song is great all around. And for me, your best vocal performance as well.

Bob

User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: RichMac
Hi Noel. Great song. Really enjoyed the lift to the chorus and very much like seeing the chords.
Wish all songs were posted with chords. I think this song particularly suits your voice. Cheers.

Hi Richard,

Thanks once more for taking the time to visit one of my threads. When I finished writing this song, I was pleased with how it turned out. This is unusual because I usually don't have any feeling one way or another about my songs.

I've never written anything that starts in a minor key and then moves to the parallel major. I've been aware of this music technique for a long time (probably since hearing Al Martino singing Love Is Blue back in the early 70s) but just never thought about using it. If you listen to Al Martino, you can hear the song move into the parallel major when he sings "When we met, how the bright sun shone...". It's a great lift that comes with this change.

Perhaps one of the most famous and most covered songs that uses this minor-major composition strategy is You're My World (this is one of my favourite performances of this song). There's no mistaking the minor-to-major lift that comes along with the chorus in this song!

Feel free to use my chord progression if you want to experiment. It was a good idea of Charlie's to do the video. As I said to Charlie, I won't promise to always include one, but I'll keep it in mind and post one every now and then.

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: gibson
Noel,

Such sad lyrics, I feel, but as usual up to your impeccable high standards.
I like the vocals over bars 27 - 31 a lot.

I also appreciate your insight into your technique for writing songs as it is SO different from my method. I also like that you can explain the reasons for the changes whereas I go "well why not?" grin

good stuff

very enjoyable as usual

Alyn

Hey Alyn,

Welcome to my thread.... hmmm... that's probably something the spider said to the fly when I think about it. I promise, I meant nothing sinister smile

Thanks for taking time to listen and comment. Appreciate it. My work has none of the creativity that weaves its way through all you do. I cannot write music and lyrics without being analytical and scientific in my approach. I really admire your stream-of-consciousness technique (at least, that's how it seems to me) and how you manage to let Art create the end result. Maybe one day I'll discover how to do that! Until then, I'll be satisfied with what I can do and admire your work from the southern hemisphere.

I'm glad you liked the song. Thanks again for that.
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Noel, i like the write. It flows easily and makes for a natural sounding smooth delivery of your outstanding vocal. The mix and arrangement are up to your usual high standards and make for a compelling listen. I enjoyed the video. Top notch and professional in all regards. Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the listen and thanks, too, for the comments.

I notice that there's a recent song of yours that I haven't yet visited. Sometimes this 24 hour day that we get is just not enough.... rest assured that I'm getting there...

I appreciate your dropping in.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We joined floyd in having to look up frangipani! smile and like him we thought the chorus was
outstanding.

Watching the video was quite a ride for us "grab three chords and hang on" old bluegrass
pickers. Structures like that are light years beyond our writing...but that doesn't mean
we can't enjoy them especially as we tend more to listening to the "total package" rather
than parsing components out.

Thematically wise we really like these "longing for something out there" songs and this is perfect
for that. Some of the dots are connected and others are left for the listener.

Add a fine vocal, arrangement and RT choice and it becomes very nice ear candy. BTW, it's
interesting that the inspiration came from a loop...we've heard that before from musicians
and it such an interesting way to start.

Thanks for the chance to hear (and watch) this! It was really enjoyable.

J&B

Hi Janice and Bud,

Thanks for visiting. To be honest, I'm really impressed with how the loop got me up and running. As mentioned earlier in the thread, all I did was to keep on playing it over and over and over.... First I found myself humming along with it and then some sounds came along. The image of a sunset on a tropical island sailed in next and so I sat down and wrote a couple of hundred words about being on a tropical island. Basically, I just let my thoughts flow where they took me. Just in case you're interested, here's what I wrote (Andrea Stolpe calls it Destination Writing)...

Quote:
DESTINATION WRITING: Tropical Island Sunset

Tonight is the 527th time that I've stood up here watching the sunset dissolving into the Atlantic. The sun and the ocean always perform an award-winning duet. Tonight dappled red and orange shimmers and sparkles on ripples and spreads out like a huge, multi-coloured Japanese paper fan. The Atlantic, as always, stretches as far as I can see. Just below my feet the highest point on the island, a sheer cliff face, plunges 50 or so metres down and sinks vertically into the sapphire blue. Waves lap at the bottom where rock and water greet one another. Tonight, the scent of frangipani rides the gently rolling breeze. Could I fly if I jumped? With all my heart I wish I could. It's been nearly 1.5 years since my boat capsized and I managed to swim here. Just me, some monkeys and other wildlife. That's all. Mostly it's enough to be alive but tonight I'm aching with loneliness. If my calculations are correct, today is my birthday. Mum, Dad and Sarah are somewhere out there beyond the edge of the sunset. Are they, right now, missing me as much as I'm missing them?

After the destination writing, my mind was tuned into the situation and lyrics started to come together. The writing also gave me the title and the opening lyrics so that was a bonus!

Creating this song was a great journey. So much so that I'm working with another loop now!

Once again, thanks for dropping in. I appreciate the visit.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: SRP
You have such a quite and strong production process that I really like. I do not know what you use but it is very professional sounding. The vocals hit the mark and very enjoyable. The band was a good choice and very powerful and the video is a nice touch that I think is very clever. Great job!
Sonny

Hi Sonny.

Thank you for giving my song a listen and for commenting.

At the end of my mixing process, like a number of people on the forum, I use Ozone (by izotope) to polish the sound up a little. It seems to add a bit of sparkle and shine to the final product. It's certainly possible to get the mix sounding great without Ozone, it's just that Ozone makes it way less tedious for me. (I'm a preset person!)

Thanks again for venturing in.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very cool song Noel!! Great energy and passion. I really like the change to a very optimistic feel in the chords/melody of the chorus. Mix is excellent. Very nicely done all the way around!! Take care. Greg

Thanks Greg. Appreciate it.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,465
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195