#317523 - 11/08/15 04:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: ROG]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Bob.

Beautiful and emotive song.

Great vocal delivery over a very well put together backing.

I had to listen to it again, just to hear that fabulous intro.

Regards, Roger.

Hey Professor!

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards,

Bob

#317526 - 11/08/15 04:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: VideoTrack]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Really nicely done Bob. Great clear mix. The harmonies are sweet and provide a great fullness.
Well done!

Trev,

Thanks for the kind words.

Regards,

Bob

#317527 - 11/08/15 04:39 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: PeterF]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Hard not to like that one! (I liked it).
Sincere vocals - poignant lyrics and a memorable tune. Good song.

Peter,

Thanks for the kind remarks.

Regards,

Bob

#317528 - 11/08/15 04:40 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: dcuny]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dcuny
I'm with everyone else on this - really well done!

David,

Thanks for the listen and kind comment.

Regards,

Bob

#317530 - 11/08/15 04:59 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: Sergio Guarneri]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

great song.
I like all in it.
Nice chords line, real tracks used, lyrics and over all
great voice.

Sergio

Sergio,

Molte grazie.

regards,

Bob

#317546 - 11/08/15 06:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: Germany
CeeBee Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Germany
Nice one Bob.

#317563 - 11/08/15 08:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: floyd jane]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Excellent, Bob. Everything.

Good write. A powerful message in a tight package.

Love the melody. Love your vocal.

Nice production. Simple and full at the same time...

A great listen.

floyd

floyd,

Thanks for the listen and kind remarks.

Regards,

Bob

#317565 - 11/08/15 08:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: SRP]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: SRP
Bob you put so much emotion in this song...it's as if you have been there before...yet sometimes we can empathize without ever having experienced it personally. Great insight to a sadly growing population of our world.
Your vocals were just great and I liked your choice of instruments. Great song writing!
Sonny

Sonny,

Most people don't want to address the issue, but fortunately, some are. Of particular concern to me are the homeless vets, some 50,000 of them. Progress is being made, though, as the total number of homeless vets is down of late.
Hope springs eternal.

http://www.newsmax.com/FastFeatures/homeless-veterans-statistics/2015/06/17/id/651049/

Regards,

Bob

#317567 - 11/08/15 08:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: Sundance]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Sundance
Fantastic Bob - one of your very best - and you've got quite a few very bests! That vocal with that gorgeous melody sure pull the emotional strings.

Beautifully written and beautifully sung.

Josie,

Thanks for listening and the kind comments.

Regards,

Bob

#317603 - 11/08/15 12:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: Greg Johnson]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautiful song Bob!! Lyrics are deep (no pun intended) and emotional. Absolutely love the way that elec gtr fits the vibe. Vocal is your standard superb. To me, when the piano plays solo, it has a little bit of a plastic sound. You consistently do excellent work and this is no exception. Great job!! Take care. Greg

Greg,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know what you mean about the piano, but I'll give it a closer look.

Regards,

Bob

#317604 - 11/08/15 12:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: Charlie Fogle]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Well it took quite a while but you've finally written and recorded a song to replace "Carolina Girl" as my favorite from you. For a variety of reasons I could list including such a top notch production. This really sounds ready for radio airplay.

I think this is one of your best vocals yet. Your emotional vocal fits the song style and vibe perfectly.

It doesn't hurt that to me, your vocals and again this song style, has an uncanny feel of a Charlie Rich performance. That fact adds to the ease of closing my eyes and imagining the music coming off the radio playing on my favorite classic country station.

Excellent song on every level and I enjoyed my listen so very much on this one.

Charlie,

Thanks for listening and the kind remarks. Greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bob

#317605 - 11/08/15 12:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: CeeBee]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: sinbad
Nice one Bob.

Chris,

Thanks for listening and commenting. Brevity is the soul of wit. grin

Regards,

Bob

#317834 - 11/09/15 01:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautiful song Bob!! Lyrics are deep (no pun intended) and emotional. Absolutely love the way that elec gtr fits the vibe. Vocal is your standard superb. To me, when the piano plays solo, it has a little bit of a plastic sound. You consistently do excellent work and this is no exception. Great job!! Take care. Greg

Greg,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't know what you mean about the piano, but I'll give it a closer look.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, I don't think it's anything with the mix. I think it just something about the tone of the piano that is not my thing aesthetically. You did a great job on everything!! Take care. Greg

#317928 - 11/09/15 11:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Bob,

That is a a wonderful song.
Nice harmonies.

A sad subject, a local vagrant died recently and he would have been stunned at the number of people who attended his funeral. This song should have played then for him, and of coure fr all the others.

beautiful song

Alyn

My story

#317949 - 11/10/15 04:52 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: gibson]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gibson
Bob,

That is a a wonderful song.
Nice harmonies.

A sad subject, a local vagrant died recently and he would have been stunned at the number of people who attended his funeral. This song should have played then for him, and of coure fr all the others.

beautiful song

Alyn

Alyn,

Thanks for the kind remarks. There is actually good news on the homeless problem here in the States. Over the last few years, the number of homeless persons has declined as more people obtain needed care.
"Hope springs eternal".

Regards,

Bob

#318047 - 11/10/15 04:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: 90 dB]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
This is a great tune. I love the lyrics!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#318052 - 11/10/15 04:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: 90 dB]
olemon Offline
Expert

Love that chorus! Powerful and memorable lyrics!

Excellent blend of that guitar on the R and those keyboards near the Center. The music just envelopes the listener. I didn't want it to end....

Man. Awesome!

#318088 - 11/11/15 03:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: David Snyder]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
This is a great tune. I love the lyrics!!

David,

Thanks for listening and the kind words.

Regards,

Bob

#318089 - 11/11/15 03:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: What The River Knows [Re: olemon]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: olemon
Love that chorus! Powerful and memorable lyrics!

Excellent blend of that guitar on the R and those keyboards near the Center. The music just envelopes the listener. I didn't want it to end....

Man. Awesome!

Scott,

Thanks. I love your new one as well.

Regards,

Bob

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
A Look Back - Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac

In May 2009, we released Band-in-a-Box® 2009 for Mac to the world, unleashing automatic REAL accompaniment to the MacIntel community!

This highly anticipated release brought with it RealTracks, RealDrums, the Audio Chord Wizard, Audio Rendering, MultiStyles, an updated GUI, and more!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® 2009 Introduction Video for a blast-from-the-past! Watch video...
(This is an easy-to-follow explanation of RealTracks & RealDrums that even a seasoned user will enjoy!)

We had also made a video highlighting the advanced features released with Version 2009: Watch now

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker can show information for up to 60,000 song files and can be customized to point to any folder on your computer, allowing easy access to your own song files or Band-in-a-Box® demo files!

Once you've chosen your folder and rebuilt your list, you are able to filter the list, adjust the width of the columns, see the chord sheet within the SongPicker Window, and more! The filter feature is incredibly specific too - you can even filter by Songs with Custom Chord Progression!

Read more about the SongPicker: Windows | Mac.

We created a video explaining the SongPicker using Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - check it out!

Video - Band-in-a-Box® Transpose From .. To .. Tutorial

Make sure you check out our latest video if you want to see how to transpose a portion of your song! Click here to watch...

Learn even more about transposing within Band-in-a-Box with our online manual: Windows | Mac.

The Guitar & Piano Chord Dictionary Programs

Happy National Dictionary Day!*

Head to our Other Windows Software page to find programs like PowerTracks, GuitarStar: Brent Mason Country, Video Guitar Lessons, and more!

Scroll down and you'll find our Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary programs. Each Chord Dictionary allows you to choose a root note to select the chord you want to learn, and it will be displayed on-screen with either the piano keyboard or the guitar fretboard!

In the Guitar Chord Dictionary & Piano Chord Dictionary you can change the sounds within the Settings window, whether it be the Root note or the Chord, and it doesn't even have to be a guitar or piano! Looking through the options, there's various piano choices, guitar choices, organ, etc. - but you can also choose more unique sounds like the tuba, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, and more!

*October 16th

Band-in-a-Box® Video Testimonial by C. Dan Roberts

Our latest Video Testimonial comes from C. Dan Roberts, and his enthusiasm for Band-in-a-Box® is inspiring!

Watch the video...

Do you have a video testimonial that you would like to share? Contact us at marketing@pgmusic.com.

Visit C. Dan Roberts testimonial page here.

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box®

Today* is National Train Your Brain Day!

You can definitely do that with Band-in-a-Box®

Open your Band-in-a-Box® program, and you'll find the [Practice] button in the toolbar - it's a GREAT resource!
Minimized your toolbar? Head to Window | Practice Window or ALT SHIFT L to access.

In this window, you'll find many options to help you practice, including Ear Training games (Pitch Invasion is my favorite!), access to the Chord Builder and Chord Subs, some helpful tools within the Playalong Features menu (like Trade 4s, woodshed tempo, etc.), and more!

Train Your Brain with Band-in-a-Box® today!

Resources:
Windows Online Manual: Practice Window
Mac Online Manual: Tools, Wizards, Tutors, and Fun

*October 13

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Updates for Windows & Mac!

We've just released FREE Updates for both Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows & Mac program users!

With the latest update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, you can now choose the "Save Exact Chord Text" checkbox to the Save XML dialog, there are VST feature updates, Audio Chord Wizard enhancements, updated program messages, we've applied fixes to an assortment of user-reported issues, and the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 Update has been added too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 734 and download it here.

The newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac update also includes VST feature updates, as well as RealTracks & RealDrums Picker enhancements, smoother 'tabbing' between dialog windows, and additional fixes applied to an assortment of user-reported issues. If you missed adding the DAW Plugin 2.12.15 update from September, it will be added with this update too!

Review the complete list of updates for build 420 and download it here.

Forum Stats
33069 Members
68 Forums
66614 Topics
566780 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
semolinapilchard, ghyslain, glenn miner, Babu Joseph, Dama

33069 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Planobilly 134
Janice & Bud 133