Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#324983 - 12/13/15 02:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: RnAM]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Hey folks, thanks!!!!!

I LOVE BIAB 2016!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS UNREAL.

Have checked out the new indexing on styles? It is mind-boggling. And the TRACKS. WOW.

Yes, Audiophile is the way to go. No turning back now.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#324984 - 12/13/15 02:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: SRP]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

I say get that guitar out, plug it in to a Twin Reverb, Marshall Stack or Mesa Boogie and turn it up to 11.

It is the Fountain of Youth.

You will become 16 again.

Do it now man!!!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#324985 - 12/13/15 02:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: JoanneCooper]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Joanne! I visited your website and I really love your music and the amazing production quality. What a gorgeous voice you have.

I especially liked "I Will Always Be Here." Reminded me of a Carly Simon style song in that it is tight as a drum structure-wise and exquisitely professional--masterful.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#324987 - 12/13/15 02:26 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: MarioD]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Mario!!! I appreciate that!!! Is Kick A$#2 Japanese for Kick A$#2???

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#324998 - 12/13/15 03:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent tune. Jumped right out the gate. Loved the vocal and lyric

#325017 - 12/13/15 04:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: Scott C]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Scott! I really love your stuff on SoundCloud. You get a great tone out of your guitars. The lead track First Dance is gorgeous, I love the sparse use of effects (if any.) I assume that tune is the Les Paul? At any rate, great channel. You can really play man!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#325031 - 12/13/15 06:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Hey Thanks Alan and Di. I appreciate that!!!

Hey, I went yo your website and tried to listen to some songs and I couldn't get them to stream. I wonder if that is on my end. Bummer. I will try again in a few minutes with a different browser. I am using Chrome.

Yeah, there's a problem getting the titles to associate with the MP3s. Wix and I are working on it> I, too, use Chrome. Haven't tried to get in the site with Explorer or Edge yet.

I did notice that it will often stream the songs id you wait 2 or 3 minutes and then refresh the page. Sometimes but not always. Will get gack to you as soon as its resolved. Thanks for trying ... we sure do appreciate that!

Alan & DXi

PS: Some of the songs can be found on our Soundclick page:

www.soundclick.com/aldavid

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#325036 - 12/13/15 06:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: Al-David]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Well,

I finally got some songs to work on your your website, now, though some are still glitchy. I got the ones to play on Page 2. Very nice!!! Love the jazz feel. They are ALL very well done and arranged. I will be spending some "quality time" on that site and soundcloud for sure!!! smile Great stuff!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#325044 - 12/13/15 07:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: David Snyder]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Thanks, David! Glad you enjoyed the ones you were able to hear. Next week, I am going to re-associate every song title with the corresponding MP3 ... gonna do it all manually ... sounds like too much fun!

We do a lot of Smooth R&B, Jazz and Country. I played lead guitar in a few country bands for about 50 years (I'm almost 70 now).

Since you are with NSAI, you might know a friend of mine ... Marc-Alan Barnette. Pretty cool guy that's done pretty well for himself in Nashville.

Thanks again! Best to you ...

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#325058 - 12/13/15 11:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
David
Impressive energetic rocked - liked this one the most of your posts.

#325082 - 12/14/15 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: David Snyder]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Quote:
Well I got into town down on music row
Took a look around see which way the streets go
Saw a cute little honey in a Nashville bungalow
Dang them cut off jeans are tight
The way things wiggle it just ain’t right
Burning my eyes gonna lose my sight
And I just can’t wait 'til Saturday night

Sounded like you were channeling Jim Morrison

Quote:
Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light
Or just another lost angel, city of night
City of night, city of night, city of night, woo, c'mon

even the groove fits really close in the verse. I don't know if you're familiar with the Doors. At first I thought this was a parody of LA Women, ... you know.... Nashville Women.....

A mash-up of Dylan, Melloncamp, Morrison, Earl when it comes to styles.

Cool rocking tune.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#325152 - 12/14/15 11:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: Guitarhacker]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Herb,

Ah, you got the joke!!! Good for you!!! smile

Yes, the intro was an intentional reference/allusion but the rest of the song and Chorus veers off....

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#325154 - 12/14/15 11:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: PeterF]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Peter!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#325155 - 12/14/15 11:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Girl Town: BIAB 2016 Audiophile [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Great rockin'
A mix of Stones and Dylan (like a rolling stone)
I enjoyed it.

Sergio

Sergio

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32610 Members
68 Forums
65537 Topics
555657 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
qbpremier321, Mtsac, Wavd, marshrush, Royston