Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#282587 - 01/30/15 04:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

Herb

I really agree with bluage. Like I said before, this should get air-play.

Keep knocking on those doors. I wish you every success.

I don't profess to know the States, but I would've thought this would be a nostalgia trip quite a few parts.

Good Luck

Trev
BIAB & RB2022(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#307599 - 08/19/15 02:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Quick tech question if I may: A slow-down ending like you've done there is something you just don't get out of BBox as it comes (and many times I've requested it!), so I'm very curious how you pulled that one off?

#307603 - 08/19/15 03:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
mwgilbert Offline
Enthusiast

A very well arranged tune, and a very genuine and heartfelt vocal. Thanks for sharing it!

-MWG

http://www.mwgilbert.com

#307676 - 08/20/15 04:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Icelander]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Icelander
Quick tech question if I may: A slow-down ending like you've done there is something you just don't get out of BBox as it comes (and many times I've requested it!), so I'm very curious how you pulled that one off?

All production related to the slow down was accomplished in BB.

HOW: at the end....I added about 10 measures to the song....so I could do a proper fade of the held final chord.
Then starting with the chord immediately after the pause on the tag.... I split the 4 beat measures into 2 beat measures. Actually.... split is the wrong word. You take the 4 beat measure and make it a 2 beat measure.... but now you have to add a measure for the next 2 beats of the original measure. That was also the reason I added 10 measures. I was going to need about 4 more measures and I needed time for the final chord to ring as it was held. (Does that make sense?)

You can go into the bar settings measure by measure and change them from 4 beats to 2 beats. In the same window, you can adjust the base tempo of that measure. So.... I essentially double the number of measures and then start slowing the tempo in each successive one. Example.... lets say the song is at 100bpm normally.... (because I forget the actual tempo) So the first 2 beat measure after the pause.... I set to 90, the next 85, the next 80, the next 75 and the final one 70 but with the held note it almost doesn't matter.

The reason I split the measures down to 2 beats is so that the tempo drop is not heard as a series of steps but a much more smooth deceleration. Resolution.

I have discovered that the better sounding deceleration is the one that is more dramatic.... as in 100 to 70 vs 100 to 90. It took several adjustments to the individual tempos to get a good slow down. And truth be told, I probably should have dropped the numbers a bit more.

Hope that helps you.

Edited by Guitarhacker (08/20/15 04:35 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.

As the sword chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer.

#307677 - 08/20/15 04:35 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: mwgilbert]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: mwgilbert
A very well arranged tune, and a very genuine and heartfelt vocal. Thanks for sharing it!

-MWG

Thank you.

#307713 - 08/20/15 11:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Icelander Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
All production related to the slow down was accomplished in BB. === Hope that helps you.
That was of tremendous help!! cool

I still have the view that something like this should be an optional feature right from the get go, but this was a very interesting reading indeed. Thank you so much for the detailed instructions, I'll be sure to give this a try in the future.

#307751 - 08/20/15 04:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Jim Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC USA
Herb,

Somehow or another I missed your excellent follow up comments regarding your workflow and production techniques. For someone such as myself such information is invaluable!

I still like the thought behind this song. I live in abedroom suburb with plenty of empty and decaying buildings. Everytime I pass one I think about how "that" was somebodies pride or livelyhood in the past and question why no one can find a use for them now.
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H1, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

#307797 - 08/21/15 06:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
Lots of folks must be listening...... What a cool thing to wake up and see....!!!

» highest in charts: # 1 (66,147 songs currently listed in Country)
» highest in sub-genre: # 1 (8,446 songs currently listed in Country > Christian Country) » today's position: # 1 in Country
» today's position in sub-genre: # 1 in Christian Country

This is the first song I've written that's ever done this....and in 2 days.

THANK YOU EVERYONE.... for listening....

Too bad it's not the Billboard Charts...

I keep returning now and then to listen again. Today, I also ran through all the comments from the beginning to end.
Just want to say this song is deserving of all the accolades both here on the forum and where else it is played.

The only reason this isn't a commercial hit is because the brightest commercial ears have not heard it. I don't think a smart person could turn away from this song. It has all of the potential any song could ever need.

#307829 - 08/21/15 11:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Miami, Florida
Planobilly Offline
Expert

Loc: Miami, Florida
This is a very well done song by any measure.

Slowing something down and keeping everyone in time in a studio with live musicians requires a lot of work.

For any song to sound really good everything has to fit from the first note played until the last note played. The lyrical context has to fit the chord structure and melody line.

Everything is in the right place with what you have done!

I also think this song would be well received on the radio.

Cheers,

Billy

"Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game."

#325182 - 12/14/15 01:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
kevinlamb Offline
Enthusiast

Very nice!

#325187 - 12/14/15 01:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
I thought I knew that title. I remember this from last year. Nice to hear it again!! Take care. Greg

#327169 - 12/23/15 02:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: ND
Del Offline
Apprentice

Loc: ND
Nice song Herb! I like the emotion and the message!

#329716 - 01/05/16 08:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: bluage]
Loc: Washington State
bluage Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
Hi, "guitarhacker"...

I listen to "Dust on the Floor" every single time I check into the "User Showcase" forum. Did you have any luck "shopping it around"?

-bluage-

#329737 - 01/06/16 01:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Howdy Herb!

Well, it seems we missed the original. Must have been when we were away for a couple of months. But we sure did enjoy the heck out this version! We grew up in the late 40's thru early 60's (yeah, we're that freaking old!) and this really takes us back.

Loved everything about this. Sounds like it should be n the airways ... definitely pro caliber and just plain old great music!

Best to you, Hope 2016 is your best year ever ...

Alan & Di

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#329746 - 01/06/16 04:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: bluage]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: bluage
Hi, "guitarhacker"...

I listen to "Dust on the Floor" every single time I check into the "User Showcase" forum. Did you have any luck "shopping it around"?

-bluage-

Nope... it doesn't fit the bro/hip hop country formula so no one there is interested in this kind of music anymore. Unless I had a big country artist as a co-writer who had the clout to get this on their own CD.... there's not much hope of getting a cut in that town.

To everyone who has commented..... thank you for listening.... I know there's quite a few folks who do appreciate good country music, but they ain't in Nashville anymore.

#329941 - 01/07/16 03:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
AudioTrack Offline
Veteran

If it's any consolation, it still so far got 11,000+ views on the forum. That's up there for sure.
BIAB & RB2022(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#329946 - 01/07/16 04:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: AudioTrack]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
If it's any consolation, it still so far got 11,000+ views on the forum. That's up there for sure.

Thanks for pointing that out.... Very cool.

#329966 - 01/07/16 06:50 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dust on the Floor (V2) [Re: Guitarhacker]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

I guess I missed it the first time around. Yup, a classic "small town dying" song. Well done. I think all of us have to write a least one like this. I wrote one back in 2008, but I lost the files due to a crash. I went and found it on soundclick and I quickly rearranged the lyrics to knock out one chorus and made it shorter. Maybe I will re-record it sometime in the future.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Ends This Weekend!

It's almost over!

Our Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows special ends on Saturday, January 15th!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade by 11:59pm this Saturday!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

XPro Styles PAK 2 - Special Ends January 15th!

Our special is over at 11:59pm on January 15th!

We've added 100 new RealStyles more to our XPro Styles collection with the just-released XPro Styles PAK 2!

These fresh new RealStyles will work with the Band-in-a-Box® Pro package contents! In fact, these will work with ANY Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows package!

The brand-new XPro Styles PAK 2 expands your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 style library with 100 fully-produced arrangements including 25 rock and pop styles, 25 jazz styles, 25 country styles, and 25 folk styles.

Our XPro Styles PAKs are ON SALE UNTIL January 15th! Add XPro Styles PAK 1 or 2 to your collection for only $29 each... that's 40% off our regular price of $49! Want them both? Order the XPro Styles PAKs 1 & 2 Bundle for just $49!

Watch our Demos video, or pick and choose the demos you want to listen to when you visit our XPro Styles PAKs page.

Note: XPro Styles PAK 2 requires RealTracks from Band-in-a-Box® 2022 or higher and is compatible with any package, including Pro, MegaPAK, UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, and Audiophile Edition.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows - Special Extended to January 15th!

You didn't miss out on great deals.... we've extended our special to January 15th!!

Save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows includes over 50 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! During our special (which ends Jan 15th), the Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Video: Producer Secrets- Mixing Drum Stems with Band-in-a-Box® 2022

New with Band-in-a-Box® 2022 - Drum Stems! These are separate tracks from the different mics in the RealDrums recording. We've included RealDrums Stems Set 1 and RealDrums Stems Set 2 in our 2022 Bonus PAKs, which means if you've purchased your copy of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 this month (December), you have access to this exciting new feature!

There's now a detailed video tutorial on mixing drum stems in Band-in-a-Box®, which includes tutorial files to follow along with: Producer Secrets - Mixing Drum Stems

Currently, drums stems are available for 50 RealDrums, but there are more to come!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2022 during December, and you'll receive a Free Bonus PAK*!

What does the Free Bonus PAK include?
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 34: Blues Piano and Organ (9 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 16: Fusion Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 11: Songs with Vocals volume 1 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 1 (20 RealDrums stems)
-MIDI Styles Set 84: Look Ma! More MIDI 7 (complete, 15 styles)
-Over 400 playable RealTracks (sfz sforzando files)
-RealCombos Booster PAK (30 New RealStyles, 26 Existing RealStyles, 109 RT's/RD's)

Want even more? Boost your Free Bonus PAK to the 49-PAK for $49 to add:
-60 Bonus RT/RD (20 more than in previous years)
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 35: All Guitar (5 MSTs)
-Instrumental Studies 17: Classic Country Guitar Soloing (6 studies)
-Artist Performance Set 12: Songs with Vocals volume 2 (20 songs)
-RealDrums Stems Set 2 (20 RealDrums stems)
-Look Ma! More MIDI 8 (complete, 15 styles)

Learn more...

*excluding the $49 version upgrade purchase.

Band-in-a-Box® - 'Twas the Click Before Christmas!

Order any version of Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows (on sale until December 31st!) and receive a download key right away for use with our One-Click Installer.

Make it a musical Christmas!

Looking for Band-in-a-Box® for Mac? Version 2021 is available, and can also be downloaded right away when you receive your order confirmation if purchasing from us directly!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Feature: Install Manager – One-Click to Download and Install

Downloading your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 order is easy when you use our new Install Manager, added with Band-in-a-Box® 2022!

With the Install Manager you can download and install the entire package of your order with one click - it's so simple! See for yourself!

Install Manager - One-Click to Download and Install Topic (online manual)

Forum Stats
35504 Members
63 Forums
72861 Topics
635412 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
songbird808, pennyco, Atole28, PookieFoot, ELMAYA

35504 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Mark Hayes 251
MusicStudent 225