Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#336722 - 02/15/16 01:04 PM [User Showcase] PG Radio is here!... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account!
PeterGannon Offline
PG Music Staff

PG Radio is here... on SoundCloud ...
- if you don't have a soundcloud.com account with your songs, please get a SoundCloud.com account, and then post all your song links in a single message so we can add them to the radio playlist!
- if you do have a soundcloud.com account with your songs, and have been using the links with your User Showcase posts, there's nothing you need to do, since we can find the posts and add the links to the PG Radio.

Hi All,

As you may know, we've been wanting to start some kind of radio station, to showcase the 4,000+ songs on The User Showcase. We've tried out various station formats like Radionomy etc. At the end of the day, we've decided to use SoundCloud. This will allow us to have radio stations (Called playlists), and we'll be able to load them up with hundreds of links to the User Showcase songs that will play like a radio station, in random order. But this will only work if you have uploaded your songs to soundcloud.com.

You'd be able to have the music playing in the background as you use other programs, or play on your iPhone etc.

We plan to have stations like "Recent", "Featured", "Jazz", "Pop", "Country"

We plan on launching the stations in a week or so, which will appear as buttons on the top of the User Showcase forum.

The main point is that only about 50% of our users have soundcloud.com accounts. So if you don't have a soundCloud account, and you'd like to see your songs on PG Radio, yyou should create a soundcloud.com account (Free) and upload your songs to there. And then make a single post in the UserShowcase forum that lists all the links to your songs on soundcloud.

===== sample post to UserShowcase after you've made your account and uploaded your songs
Hi,
I've created my soundCloud account, and uploaded my songs to SoundCloud.com and here are the links. All of these songs were posted to the User Showcase previously.
Here are the song links

Title SoundCloud link
Where are you now https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/where-are-you-now
Just Say Hello https://soundcloud.com/sergio-guarneri/just-say-hello
(etc. etc)
====================== end of sample post ====================

#336725 - 02/15/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Great idea, Peter! Thanks.

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2020 w/current updates.

#336747 - 02/15/16 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Great idea Peter!!!! Fortunately, all of my stuff has been posted to soundcloud and referenced as such in the forums so it should be easy. Thanks!! I can wait for PG Radio!!!!!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#336763 - 02/16/16 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi Peter. I am looking forward to this very much. Many of my songs had to be removed from Soundcloud when I released the songs through Unique music BUT there are about 21 tracks on there at the moment that have not be released by Unique Music. Most of them are from this year's FAWM. My channel is here
https://soundcloud.com/joannecoopersa
Do you want me to post the links to the individual tracks as well?

#336767 - 02/16/16 01:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands

Edited by rodipoet (02/16/16 01:41 PM)

Biab 2020, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#336791 - 02/16/16 05:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Florida
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida

#336799 - 02/16/16 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Iceland
Icelander Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Iceland
I've used SC for all my submissions from the get go, but here's my channel just in case: https://soundcloud.com/eddie-icelander

p.s. Kudos for this brill idea, btw! cool

Edited by Icelander (02/16/16 07:19 AM)
Edit Reason: Afterthought

#336821 - 02/16/16 09:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Oh doh, maybe I should have added my soundcloud channel to my post like the rest of the smart people.

https://soundcloud.com/david-snyder-gigs

I now added to my signature line. Almost everything on this particular channel channel (not all but about 90%) used BIAB to some degree and the links were posted to the forum. Hope that helps. I can't imagine anything that adds to the top of the list going forward NOT using BIAB to some degree since it is my main production tool for instrumentation that does not involve my own live tracks.

Thanks!!!

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#336836 - 02/16/16 11:22 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Midwest
HearToLearn Offline
Veteran

Loc: Midwest
This sounds really exciting! What a great idea and fantastic commitment above and beyond from PG Music!

So...I understand we have to post links to songs, but how then do they get added to the station? Meaning, as we make new songs, can we ad them easily, or even remove them if need be?

Thanks Peter! Great job!
As people have left the "." out so many times, "Caaron" has become the norm of it. Still said as the "." was there though. smile

#336838 - 02/16/16 11:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Peter,

I've just been listening to some of the songs. What a fantastic site you've created!

Noel

#336842 - 02/16/16 12:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile

Awesome.

Awesome.

Awesome.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#336854 - 02/16/16 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

I have 53 original tunes on SoundClick. I also have a SoundCloud account so I'll migrate over the next few days.

What a wonderful gesture, Peter.

Thank you,

Don

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2020 w/current updates.

#336856 - 02/16/16 01:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
chulaivet1966 Online   content
Expert

Loc: The Heartland....Kansas
Sounds like a good idea for PG.

I have (4) songs I've done with BIAB but only (2) are on currently on soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/its-about-time

https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966/a-hundred-good-reasons

Thanks for creating this option for BIAB users.

Back to it....

#336859 - 02/16/16 02:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Cool. This will be a great way to introduce the versatility and power of BIAB to musician friends and family. Now I can just refer them to one link and they can stream away. And thank you very much for letting us appear on the feature page!

J&B

#336869 - 02/16/16 02:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Peter,

Very cool - thanks for putting this together. Here's my channel: https://soundcloud.com/user-157357144

Bob

#336906 - 02/16/16 09:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Looks like some of you already have a jump on listening to the radio station. Rookie question but how do I find it?

#336943 - 02/17/16 05:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Click on one of the red font links at the top of this forum. There is a Recent and a Featured option.

J&B

#336945 - 02/17/16 05:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Kemmrich Offline
Expert

#336946 - 02/17/16 05:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
What a great idea! And, I see that one of my songs made it to the featured songs station, so thanks for that smile

I have a few songs that I never added to the User Showcase forum, if I add them now will they automatically get added to the new releases station?

And, should I add them with a separate post for each, or can I just have one post with links to all the songs that I haven't previously added to the forum?

Blue Attitude Website

#337010 - 02/17/16 12:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: PG Radio is coming... on SoundCloud ... please get a SoundCloud account! [Re: PeterGannon]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Great idea. I've enjoyed listening to everyone most of the day.

Here's my Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/charlie-fogle

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

PG Music News
NEW Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 - Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2!

We're delighted to be adding 200 GROUNDBREAKING RealStyles to the Band-in-a-Box® collection with Xtra Styles PAK 9!

Our new Rock-Pop additions include neo soul with vocals, classic ska with a horn section, a psychedelic sixties pop ballad, heavier action-scene cinematic metal, post-punk folk rock, six-substyle gospel pop MultiStyle with vocals, and more!

With the latest Jazz Xtra Styles, we've added everything from quarter-feel jazz blues to New Orleans Gospel to jazzy disco funk and gentle bossa folk pop, and more! We've also included a brand-new (huge!) ten-substyle "changes" jazz swing MultiStyle with three different soloist options!

The newest Country RealTracks are a real treat! We've fused folk and Americana instruments with the country sounds you know and love: ethereal and songwriter country ballads, a country rock march, country pop with layered cellos, a country soul groove, and much, much more! The included six-substyle summertime country pop MultiStyle will help you create your perfect summertime hit!

Plus, we've added to our Folk & Beyond collection with our Xtra Styles PAK 9 release! There are 50 fresh new styles, including a Cajun jaw harp boogie, cinematic folk with strings, a modern Celtic folk reel, a gentle three-guitar folk ballad, delta blues with shaker - the list goes on! Add Folk & Beyond 2 and you'll also receive a brand-new eight-part mountain folk MultiStyle!

There are 50 new RealStyles in each genre - get them ALL for only $29 until June 30th! Learn more, listen to demos and order here.

But wait... there's MORE!

We've also rolled out 50 NEW Styles and 100 NEW Loops in Loops-with-Style PAK 2!
Use these new Styles and Loops directly in your Band-in-a-Box® songs to access all their B substyle loop, or load these acidized loops directly into your DAW that supports acid info! Genres include Electronic, Funk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World, plus we're introducing two new genre categories - Gospel and Folk!

Add Loops-with-Style PAK 2 today for just $19! Learn more and purchase here.

Haven't purchased Loops-with-Styles yet? Get the entire collection for only $29 when you bundle Loops-with-Style PAK 1 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for only $29! That's 100 Styles and 200 Loops for Band-in-a-Box® for just $29! Order now.

Mac User? Click here for Mac details and purchase links.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows is Xtra Ready!

We never stop! The latest free patch update for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows readies the program for the just-launched Xtra Styles PAK 9 (on sale until June 30th - learn more here)!

Update to build 721 and you'll see that we've improved the step-advancing notes display, updated the key command criteria for looping bars from the chordsheet, fixed email client integration, and more.

If you are a Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows user, you'll definitely want to update to the latest free patch update!

Learn more about Band-in-a-Box® 2020 build 721 for Windows and download it here.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box Finds!

I don't know about everyone here, but now that I've settled in to our "new normal" I've taken to rearranging and dusting off many things in order to keep busy and productive!

I'm picking up old hobbies, picking up clutter around the house, and as it turns out - finding forgotten picks!

We snagged these gems many, many, many years ago after The NAMM Show one winter. Check out the old Band-in-a-Box logo! Click here...

Have any of you come across something nostalgic like this these days? Let's see it!
(remember the first Audiophile version?!)

-Callie
Team Marketing

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Dr. Dave" Walker (Dr. Dave On Music) recently received Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac, and he absolutely loves it!

He's written his thoughts in detail, which can (and definitely should) be read here: Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!

"Band-in-a-Box 2020 is a huge advance over even BB2019, with easier to use, more powerful features that give you more information while creating more musical results. You have never had more control of more features which are now much easier to find. The move forward with this version is astonishing. Again … WOW!

My very highest recommendation. Just upgrade! Or if for some strange reason you don’t have it yet, BUY THIS ONE! It will change your musical life!"
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you for the review, Dr. Dave!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Italian for Windows is Here!

Abbiamo lavorato duro e abbiamo aggiunto 50 nuove funzionalità e una straordinaria raccolta di nuovi contenuti, tra cui 202 RealTracks (il doppio dei 101 che abbiamo spesso pubblicato in passato), nuovi RealStyles, SuperTracks MIDI, Studi strumentali, trascrizioni RealDrums, stili Extra PAK 8 e altro!

ACQUISTA/AGGIORNA & SCARICA ADESSO

Interview: Eyes on Success featuring PG Music Inc., Band-in-a-Box® 2020, and the Updated JAWS Script

Take 30 minutes and make sure to listen to the latest episode from Eyes on Success, which focuses on the history of Band-in-a-Box® and using it with the screen reader JAWS, created by Peter Torpey. Hosts Nancy & Peter discuss our company history and Band-in-a-Box program with Tobin, our chief development officer, including how Band-in-a-Box is even more accessible with the help of their JAWS screen reader scripts!

Click here to download and listen to the podcast - you don't want to miss this one!

Eyes on Success is a weekly radio show / podcast geared to the visually impaired called "Eyes On Success" and that can be found at www.EyesOnSuccess.net.

Currently the scripts and associated documentation and resources can be found here.

You can watch Peter Torpey's video testimonial here.

#TipTuesday - Style Changes in Band-in-a-Box®

Head to our Tips & Tricks forum to read what other Band-in-a-Box users have discovered about the program!

Like mrgeeze's recent post Style Changes within a song.. another great BIAB feature.

...My arrangement's bass Real Track was 397 (bass Acoustic Paul).
Solid but not really what I wanted for a solo.

I hit the F5 key to bring up bar setting and poked around till i found the Real Tracks command button in the upper right.
Clicked on that & quickly change the bass to 452 (Soloist (bluesy).
12 bars later I did the same and switched it back to 397.

The results were excellent...

Did you know about this feature? Learn all about Bar Settings and how you can adjust them here.

Forum Stats
32156 Members
65 Forums
64303 Topics
545163 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
WalterAraujo, mackd1000, Music Support, Adrian Jarratt, Lázaro Oliveira

32155 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 205
Pipeline 187