Page 2 of 2 1 2
Off-Topic
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
Originally Posted By: rharv
In RB the path to Latency Adjust app is 'Prefs - MIDI - MIDI Devices - Adjust Latency button' (not text box).
If it truly wanders I'd offer two possibilities.
The Tempo changed somewhere along the line (maybe BiaB vs RB).
or maybe
The Bit Rate being used by the two programs is different.

While chasing this problem I have lost my Sample Tank Drum sounds(and all other ST sounds) all together. Until I find them ??? I will not be able to fix the situation, as the drum sounds now are coyote wave table sounds, not the ones I want to use.

"When you help somebody else you are really helping yourself"
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Probably the default MIDI synth selection.
Try going back to the MIDI Devices area and check the setting for 'Reroute all MIDI to Default DXi Synth', then select the synth of choice.

Make your sound your own!
.. I do not work here, but the benefits are still awesome
Off-Topic
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
I'll try that

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
" (and remember millions of top40 hits use MIDI drums in the first place) and after re-mix they sound better than Real Drums."

Ya know Notes, you are always making statements like this, but never posting examples or proof to back it up. frown The videos & audio on your site sounds like every other midi band I have heard, better than most, but not as "pro" and "better" like you state all the time.

This is NOT a slam on your music or sound, but Midi is Midi, and there are very few folks who can program it convincingly.

Now, as for EDITING midi, that is fine, it IS quicker than audio for sure. And using the Midi you can improve on the drum sound, especially badly recorded drums. wink But a well recorded kit will sound better than ANY midi-replaced triggered samples, mainly because the samples used will never match up to the rest of the kit......unless you replace the whole kit, and then what is the use? Real drummers have a saying about midi done like this...

"Count to four & be a bore"

Having a REAL drummers performance across multiple tracks would be light years ahead in quality to any midi, except for music that needs a locked-to-the-clock beat.

A tool I have used with fantastic results for years is a free-b called Toontrack Drumtracker. It pulls the hits out of an audio track & converts them to Midi, keeping the feel of the track. It has been gone for awhile now, but there are other programs out there that can do the same, and the drums will sound way better than any midi track.

I am working on getting net access at my new digs next week, and when I do I will get a demo up of what I am talking about.

As for the op request, this has been made before, but really a few of us in my area just does not see it happening. If you take a look at the Smart Loops Multi-Track Loops, that would be the way to do it. You have a Stereo File to build the track, and then when you are ready to mix you import the matching multi-tracks. The problem with that is you would need to have ALL the multi-tracks from the start, for this reason alone...

Each mic picks up the sound of other drums & cymbals. If you start trying to just extract each sound out a stereo file & then rebuild the track on separate ones, it will sound funny & disconnected...try it and see.

After a few listens, even in a mix, you will notice it....

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Off-Topic
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
Originally Posted By: rharv
Well, in BiaB you have a pretty limited number of tracks.
This compounds the development of a feature the platform doesn't support, meaning two large upgrades in one.

Since this is Off-Topic forum:
I'd rather see them work it into RB where we already have many more tracks to play with. Have the mixed version for BiaB (and fast generation), which is another thing to consider; regenerating will take longer due to 6-8 more tracks needing to be generated.. if you really want them on multiple tracks..
A performance hit for sure.
The purpose of RB was to allow more BiaB tracks and additional (different) features, and this would be a fine one to add in.

Just a couple thoughts

rharv I been messing around in RB adding new RealTracks in blank tracks. I posed in a different thread that I wanted individual percussion instrument RealDrums. Like a tambourine RealDrum sound, wood block,or cowbell. Easily an addition to RealDrum library of sounds that would only require PG to record realdrum individual tracks for these instruments. Then the issue would be, changing the playback speed of a single track in RealBand so the cowbell would sync with the other drum track. Or maybe that already happens when you generate a new track in RB I'm not sure

Last edited by dga; 06/03/16 06:43 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jcspro40
Each mic picks up the sound of other drums & cymbals. If you start trying to just extract each sound out a stereo file & then rebuild the track on separate ones, it will sound funny & disconnected...try it and see.

As others have mentioned, if you open up the RealDrum tracks, there are a series of isolated hits at the end. Not a terribly extensive collection - only a single velocity per hit - but it'll do in a pinch.

I was mixing a track last week that had a 6/8 RealDrum track. The feel was perfect... But the drummer wouldn't let up on the cymbals, and I needed something a bit less overblown on the verses.

I couldn't find anything comparable in my MIDI drum library, and didn't really feel like playing the track in by hand. I ended up grabbing the samples from the end of the RealDrum track and putting together a new performance in my DAW, using the original track as a guide.

I'm sure that a drummer would hear the difference in a moment. Fortunately, drummers weren't the target audience. wink

Because I used the isolated hits from the end of the track, I didn't end up with the bleed you're talking about, and the track matched the other sections.

But it would have been so much easier with multitrack drums... Just turn down the cymbals, and live with a bit of microphone bleed.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Off-Topic
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
For a drummer it is may be possible to go to the end of track pluck out the correct sound and then place into the DAW track in just the right place. For a guitarist like myself its impossible. I would like something more user friendly, like individual drum tracks.

Last edited by dga; 06/03/16 07:05 PM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Maybe for your needs a loop would work better.
RB handles loops just fine as well as RealTracks.
The loop should automatically adjust the speed if your tempo is correct. There are thousands of free loops out there.

That said, getting the individual instruments has nothing to do with being a drummer, really. I do it and I am not a drummer by any means.
It is easy once you do it.

Open the actual wma file in RB, scroll to end, highlight the drum, copy/paste to another track and export it as a wav.
For example; bb\Drums\BluesRockSlowEv^\BluesRockSlowEv^_085_Style.wma

Now you have a sample. Doing each drum is pretty quick as they are all in a row usually. Within minutes you have your own kit of samples.

Copy/Paste these samples or open them up inside a sample player and use that as a VSTi.. a virtual realdrum set controlled by MIDI.
I have been given permission to give this one away:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb01/articles/fxpansion.asp
(click the pic to enlarge)

It's an older version, but works well for what it is.
PG should see about licensing it and having MIDI'd realdrums available in the software.
It's great when you need to add a crash or a ride to a section, etc.

Last edited by rharv; 06/04/16 03:50 AM.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
rharv,

Thanks for posting the above, it's an incredibly creative solution for customising Realdrums.

Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
The mentioned player is here -
http://www.masteringmatters.com/stuff/DR005.zip

Unzipping the file will reveal a text file with the free license number and a second zip file containing the actual plugin.
FXPansion gave me both the license number and permission to share on this forum.

Off-Topic
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
@rharv I'm not trying to pluck out the sounds that are in a Real Drum Track, bass drum hihat etc. I'm trying to add a tambourine to a song. Or a wood block, cowbell.

I have listened to a whole lot of loops in BIAB library. Unsuccessfully placed them in BIAB or RB, by generating the track. Mine are not adjusting automatically to the tempo.

Also I have been digging through the loops, which are mostly BASS/Drum Crazy sounds, Electronic type no loops of single percussion instruments.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Loops are all over the internet for what you are after .. if it were me and I just wanted to add a cowbell on the beat, I'd grab a sample and copy/paste. Do a measure, then copy/paste that measure 200 times or whatever.. If I wanted a more complex pattern I'd consider my options.

Not saying I dislike your idea of RDs like this, I was just trying to help get the job done.
I'm used to just going with what I know works; have to when people are standing around looking at you. (grin)

When you open a loop in RB, look at the name; it will give the tempo and number of bars (like 132,4)
So in the Tempo box below I make sure the Tempo matches (132) and the number of beats matches (16 since it is 4 bars 4/4) and the Stretch check box is enabled .. then they line right up.

FWIW I just tested using the Tambourine Loop included in RB and it worked as expected here.

Sometimes you have to futz with downloaded ones, but many seem to work well. Especially if you know two items above concerning the downloaded file. I always check the description when downloading to see if that data is available.

Last edited by rharv; 06/06/16 01:04 PM.

Off-Topic
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
rharv "FWIW I just tested using the Tambourine Loop included in RB and it worked as expected here."

I was looking in the BIAB Style picker for tambourine/wood blocks/cowbell/claves etc loops. I didn't know there were loops in RB.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Here they are located in the File structure below
(an internal hard disk copy of my everythingPak I keep updated as much as I can)
E:\BB_HardDriveBU\EverythingPAK\bb\RealTracks\Loops

Or select Generate Loop from right-click, etc

Off-Topic
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
Generate the track in RB not try to add it as a RT in BIAB?

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
I *think* BiaB supports Loops too, but by the time I am to this point I would already be in RB. (just my work flow)
Hopefully others chime in.

I use BiaB to get chords and a basic style .. after that I move to RB right away. So any loop work here would be using RB.

Off-Topic
D
dga Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
rharv WOW was I missing the boat here. Finally understanding how to use loops in BIAB. I started with a style that had Bass Piano and Drums. It had the right feel. Then I right clicked on the Drum track and selected "select a loop for this track" What I think happened when I choose a loop. It added it to the drum track? The loop had a whistle like sound, a triangle like sound and a rather good kick sound. I had to scroll all the way down to get the loop. And I didn't write down the loop name, rats, I was just testing it out. Great groove I muted the piano, added a jazz guitar and created a custom style.

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
It probably put it wherever the cursor was. Remember to rewind first.
Set cursor on first bar you want loop to start.

Like I said there are tons around the web.

Try it in RB too, works pretty much the same way, but easier to set a From-Thru and generate just sections you want. ..

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Henry Clarke: Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function

One of the new features added with Band-in-Box® 2024 is the Tracks Window, which will look familiar if you've worked with other DAWs.

Henry Clarke explains why he loves the Re-generation function within the Tracks Window in their video Revolutionize Your Band-in-Box® Tracks with Regenerating Function.

Watch video.

Learn even more about what the Tracks Window can do with our video Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Tracks Window.

User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,757
Posts737,084
Members38,572
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
alnicorconsulting, BrianArmstrongAUS, Cheuan, trombonedad, Vincent Kirk
38,572 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184