Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
As a consequence of Dr Gannon's allowing public domain material to be used in the Xtra Styles Competition (link), here is my submission.

Quote:
Xtra Style
_MEADOWS.STY (Meadows Piano Pop with Brushes)
(This style is described as Lite-Pop and listed in the Country group. I leave it to PG Music to decide into which category, if any, the submission fits.)

Realtracks/Drums
1759: Bass, Electric, Pop16ths Ev 085
1767: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm Pop16 Ev16 085
664: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (A:fpick)
665: Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm SouthernRock Ev 085 (B:Strum)
RealDrums: BrushesFolk16ths: a: Brushes b: Brushes Tap
** The _MEADOWS.STY style was used exactly as is without any modification other than tweaking volume balances.
** The Audiophile version of the BIAB software was used.

Duet Instruments
MIDI Oboe: Garritan Personal Orchestra 4
MIDI Flute: Garritan Personal Orchestra 4

Background
I really enjoy arranging melodies using the contrapuntal techniques of the Baroque and pre-Baroque periods of music. For this reason, when PG Music announced this competition, I thought it would be an interesting personal challenge to write an instrumental duet and to use BIAB as the 'continuo' that supports the underlying harmony. (In Baroque music, the harpischord, clavichord or organ often fulfilled the role of continuo.)

With the above in mind, I grabbed a duet that I started a few years ago but had not completed and began working from there.

I have never done anything like this with BIAB before. At the end of the process, I am incredibly impressed with the software and just how very versatile it is.

I hope you enjoy my version of "Oh! Susanna". It's probably best described as 'counterpoint meets Stephen Foster meets Band In A Box'.

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Veteran
Veteran
This is stunning Noel. What a great idea for submission to this competition.!i can hear a huge amount of work went into this production.

LyricLab A.I assisted chords and lyric app. Export lyrics and import directly into Band-in-a-Box 2024.
https://lyriclab.net
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks Joanne. I'm not sure that what I've done fits into any of the categories. I'm not fussed though, it was a fun exercise and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey.

I appreciate your comments.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
w Offline
Expert
Expert
Wow...Wow...Wow!!! I haven't thought of this song in years. What memories this has for me.

Thank you for sharing your marvelous rendition of this great classic oldie.

Those special voices you used were great fun and really made the song.

You really performed this song very well.

Veteran
Veteran
Noel -

Very cool. I really liked the yodel effect about 2/3 through the song.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com
Veteran
Veteran
Noel
Clever! Great musicianship.

Veteran
Veteran
Hello, Noel

I think you tried very hard to finish this song.
Harmony arrangements are much easier than counterpoint arrangements for Foster's songs.
But I am sure that your challenge of using the contrapuntal techniques this time will be very useful for your future compositions.
I also love Baroque music.
So I enjoyed the listen very much.
Take care.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: w
Wow...Wow...Wow!!! I haven't thought of this song in years. What memories this has for me.

Thank you for sharing your marvelous rendition of this great classic oldie.

Those special voices you used were great fun and really made the song.

You really performed this song very well.

Hi w,

Thank you! I really appreciate the comments.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jford
Noel -

Very cool. I really liked the yodel effect about 2/3 through the song.

Thanks John. I'd love to say that that was a planning strategy but it was just how it turned out! Sometimes good fortune smiles when one arranges smile Appreciate your having a listen.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Noel
Clever! Great musicianship.

Hey Peter,

Thanks very much for listening. Appreciate it.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Noel

I think you tried very hard to finish this song.
Harmony arrangements are much easier than counterpoint arrangements for Foster's songs.
But I am sure that your challenge of using the contrapuntal techniques this time will be very useful for your future compositions.
I also love Baroque music.
So I enjoyed the listen very much.
Take care.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hello Shigeki Adachi,

Thanks for taking the time to have a listen and to comment. You're definitely right about harmony based arrangements being easier to work with! I find counterpoint lots of fun, though. It's like a jigsaw puzzle to me (and I love jigsaw puzzles).

Thanks again,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Great song! I enjoyed the Flute

Cheers,
Joe
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks, Joseph. MIDI can sound pretty good these days!

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hello Noel,
as you know, i like covers and this is a very beautiful and particular interpretation.
An handshake from Italy.

Gianfranco Tronu
Veteran
Veteran
Noel,
Very enjoyable! The Garritan instruments sound good- wish I knew how to use them.
I wonder where PG Music will fit this...I think you just created a new instrumental category for this competition!

Robert

Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Great Baroque style, Noel.

Very interesting and thoroughly well done!

Outside the square, so to speak, for sure.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Hi Noel96,

I agree! MIDI signals when routed correctly can definately have some impressive results. I'm a fan of the SuperMIDI tracks found inside of Band-in-a-Box. For those who don't know what those are you can find a short tutorial on our YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOY0cHZTZ2Q

Cheers,
Joe

Cheers,
Joe
C
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
C
Wow Noel. What a great arrangement and mix. This is just superb.

Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: GT_OR
Hello Noel,
as you know, i like covers and this is a very beautiful and particular interpretation.
An handshake from Italy.

Hi Gianfranco,

Thanks for the handshake and generous comments! Appreciated smile

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Noel,
Very enjoyable! The Garritan instruments sound good- wish I knew how to use them.
I wonder where PG Music will fit this...I think you just created a new instrumental category for this competition!

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thanks for commenting. I agree, Garritan is excellent. They're not all that hard to use. Like most things, that's easy to say when looking back; looking forward while learning, though, there's a bit of a learning curve. If you need any help, start a thread in BIAB (Windows). You'll find a number of folk will jump on board with thoughts.

In relation to genre... if I correctly understand Callie's reply post to David's questions (found here), PG Music music are intrepreting 'genre' a little differently. They are referring to the genre of the foundation Xtra style that's used to create the presentation rather than the genre of the presentation itself.

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blake - PG Music 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,359
Members38,411
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213