You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#363194 - 08/31/16 09:42 AM [] Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings)
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings)

Here is my submission of this much loved traditional public domain song. Love these Extra Styles! It has given me all sorts of motivation to get writing and producing.

I used the Rambler Songwriter Country. I added Some Midi Strings (made from the melody line) and also some percussion.

I sing at the local folk club with my neighbor Paddy Rowlings. On Sunday, when I was busy recording this, I took a chance asked him if he was available to record some vocals, which he did. It was his first time recording and he said he battled to just sing, without strumming away on a guitar. He sang the harmonies right off the bat. One take only! Wish I could do that...

Edited by JosieC (08/31/16 09:48 AM)

#363198 - 08/31/16 10:19 AM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Josie,

Kumbaya is one of my all-time favourite songs. I love your arrangement and your and Paddy's presentation. Very very listenable!

Regards,
Noel

#363234 - 08/31/16 12:42 PM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Italy, Oristano
GT_OR Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Italy, Oristano
Ciao Josie,
Your vocals reminded me Steeleye Span band in Parcel of Rogues album.
Great vocals.
Perfect sound.

Edited by GT_OR (08/31/16 12:53 PM)

#363267 - 08/31/16 04:28 PM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Josie,
This is one of those songs so many of us sang at school, camp, church etc and never tire of ... but you get my vote not just because I already love the song - your vocal is gorgeous and the harmonies just right.
Very good!

Robert

#363302 - 09/01/16 01:45 AM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Joanne

Very very good and pleasant vocals.
It reminds me of my junior high school campfire.
Though I didn’t know Kumbaya, I had listened to many similar songs sung by Brothers Four or Peter Paul & Mary, etc. when I was young.
Very enjoyable listen.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#363313 - 09/01/16 04:52 AM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is great arrangement. I love the bass singer. Caught me a bit off guard is a nice dimension and texture to the song.

This is an excellent arrangement, mix and performance. I really enjoyed this one.

Charlie

#363372 - 09/01/16 12:41 PM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know the original ;-)
But, this is some serious good work! Very good vocals the both of you!

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#363387 - 09/01/16 01:50 PM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Island Soul Offline
Expert

Loc: St. Petersburg , FL
Your voice reminds me of Stevie Nicks. Great job.
music producer/engineer

#363422 - 09/01/16 06:07 PM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: Island Soul]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Lovely
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#363496 - 09/02/16 07:13 AM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Beautiful Joanna and Paddy.

Great use of the style, wonderful arrangement.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#363512 - 09/02/16 08:33 AM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Netherlands
rodipoet Online   content
Journeyman

Loc: Netherlands
Nice version Josie and Paddy smile

Biab 2020, Cakewalk, N.I. Komplete, Win 10,64, Ozone 9 elements suite, Akai EIE pro

#363592 - 09/02/16 03:15 PM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
Very nice take on such a well known song. Your voices blend beautifully.

LaptopBeast HP Win7Pro64, 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64, 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64, 8GB

BB-RB2020/UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
http://www.sus4chord.com

#364116 - 09/06/16 03:48 AM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Josie,

Kumbaya is one of my all-time favourite songs. I love your arrangement and your and Paddy's presentation. Very very listenable!

Regards,
Noel

Noel - Thank you so much. It certainly is also one of my favourites but it comes under a roasting sometimes smile

Originally Posted By: GT_OR
Ciao Josie,
Your vocals reminded me Steeleye Span band in Parcel of Rogues album.
Great vocals.
Perfect sound.

Gianfranco - Thank you! I will have to check out Steeleye Span band!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Josie,
This is one of those songs so many of us sang at school, camp, church etc and never tire of ... but you get my vote not just because I already love the song - your vocal is gorgeous and the harmonies just right.
Very good!

Robert

Robert. Thank you so much.I am glad you liked the harmonies. Paddy did a great job with very little preparation.

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Joanne

Very very good and pleasant vocals.
It reminds me of my junior high school campfire.
Though I didn’t know Kumbaya, I had listened to many similar songs sung by Brothers Four or Peter Paul & Mary, etc. when I was young.
Very enjoyable listen.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Hi Shigdeki. Thank you! I enjoyed Peter Paul and Mary's version of this song and am also enjoying listening to a lot of their recordings at the moment.

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
This is great arrangement. I love the bass singer. Caught me a bit off guard is a nice dimension and texture to the song.

This is an excellent arrangement, mix and performance. I really enjoyed this one.

Charlie

Charlie - thanks so much. I guess the different texture of Paddy's bass singing is a little unusual for me but definitely adds a nice dimension

Originally Posted By: RnAM
I'm probably the only one here who doesn't know the original ;-)
But, this is some serious good work! Very good vocals the both of you!

Rob

Ha ha! It seems that there are a few here who do not know it. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Islansoul
Your voice reminds me of Stevie Nicks. Great job.

Islansoul that is a HUGE compliment. Thank you!

Originally Posted By: lambada
Lovely

Lambada - short and sweet. Thank you!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Beautiful Joanna and Paddy.

Great use of the style, wonderful arrangement.

David - thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you enjoyed it.
Originally Posted By: rodipoet
Nice version Josie and Paddy smile

Rod - Thank you so much

Originally Posted By: jford
Very nice take on such a well known song. Your voices blend beautifully.

Thank you John. I appreciate it. It is lovely to sing with Paddy. So easy!

#364628 - 09/09/16 10:32 AM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Amazing! Probably the best version I have heard of this song.

You and Paddy's voices blend beautifully. Such gorgeous harmonies and vocal treatment throughout the track.

Great work.

Rec

#364719 - 09/09/16 07:45 PM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Vocals and music sound great!

Kenny

#367213 - 09/26/16 11:37 AM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
JoanneCooper Offline
Veteran

Hi guys. I did a video of this. I used the Windows 10 Spot Light collection of amazing photographs.

https://youtu.be/jE3-Z9vo-hg

#367249 - 09/26/16 02:42 PM [] Re: Kumbaya (Feat. Paddy Rowlings) [Re: JoanneCooper]
Jon Thomas Offline
Apprentice

Lovely production Joanne, very nice. I enjoyed it very much.

Moderator:  Blake - PG Music 
PG Music News
Video - Explore the Band-in-a-Box® 2020 MultiRiffs Feature

MultiRiffs is a popular feature that has previously been available in RealBand and the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin. With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, it's now available in Band-in-a-Box® too! This feature allows you to quickly generate 7 variations of riffs from the same RealTracks for either a portion of the song or the whole song.

Tobin has made a great video explaining using the MultiRiffs feature within Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - check it out here.

Read more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows New Features

Learn all about the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - our New Features Video is ready! Watch it here.

Read all about the new features:
New features website
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade Manual

Or read our "49 of Your Problems Solved!" page, here, which lists 49 requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows.

Don't forget... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2019 - you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

49 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, there are 50+ new features, 202 RealTracks, and more!

We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from program users- there are several sources: our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

This is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2020, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020: click here to review.

50 New RealStyles included in Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is a new library of 100 original loops that we've created using RealTracks/RealDrums source material, and it includes 50 new RealStyles!

Click here to listen to audio demos of the new RealStyles included with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®.

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st! Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19! Click here for more information.

New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!

Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Forum Stats
30596 Members
63 Forums
61237 Topics
517138 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
fenghaodang, Abdul Alzahrani, Dannyboy1976, mgrimaldi, Dinesh

30595 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 295
Matt Finley 229