Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#369606 - 10/12/16 01:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: North Yorkshire, England
receder Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Yorkshire, England
Floyd,

It's already been said a thousand times but you are the master of this kind of song.

I love your use of harmonies and all the little details that make a difference.

Well done!

Rec

#369630 - 10/12/16 06:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

floyd, this is another master class in lyric crafting. Beautifully written. A fine vocal and the top shelf production that we are so accustomed to. Love the congas. Really good listen. Tom

#369638 - 10/12/16 07:34 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: england
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: england
Another great track. I've only been a user of biab for two months but I'm in aw of you all. I've listened to yourself a lot and make you the bench mark for my songs and recordings. Total respect for all the talent on here keep it up guys

#369727 - 10/12/16 02:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: PaddyG]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: gibson
floyd,

you never fail to amaze as each song you produce is a masterpiece.

nice harmonies.

This is country at it's finest

Alyn

Appreciate that, Alyn...

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Another first class tune Floyd. Just awesome.

Thanks, Scott...

Originally Posted By: PaddyG

A great song Floyd, well scripted, the age old heartache when two drift apart.
Everything was out of the top drawer here. The harmonies spot on, the balances vocal to instruments, was perfect.

Paddy G

Thanks for the nice comments, Paddy...

#369789 - 10/13/16 07:02 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Wow Floyd, this is a perfect 'crossover' - pop with a country flavor. Exceptional lyrics, very strong write and a great mix and arrangement. Everything falls right into place. Vocals and harmonies are superb.

I like this one a lot.

Charlie

#369889 - 10/13/16 07:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: RnAM]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Very nice, and very professional as we have come so accustomed with!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Thanks for that, y'all... (we need a new R&AM song!!....)

#369939 - 10/14/16 05:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

You let this one out of the barn on the day we were battling rain and some wind... and no power and no internet.

Nice work as is usual from you.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#370046 - 10/14/16 08:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Floyd, this is a great song. It effectively tells a story and the vocal is very good. Nice job of building the instrumentation as it went along and great mix. Thanks, Torrey.
BMI

#370093 - 10/15/16 07:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

After several listens to this we are struck as always with what
a fine singer and writer you are. Your lyrics are like a fine book
where one can always count on a gem for every page. No matter
the subject or the genre your lyrics are invariably full of cool
little twists and turns...never over done but enough to separate
them from the pack. Perhaps it your ability to offer a fresh take
on any theme.

Your mixes are showcases (well this is the showcase) for just how
amazing RT's and RD's are.

Oh yeah, cool percussion too.

Kudos mr jane

J&B
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#370332 - 10/17/16 04:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: Greg Johnson]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Floyd Jane-Jack of all trades, master of ALL!! How's that for a turn of phrase? This is GREAT!!! Totally different than what I've heard from Floyd, except the craft which is always there in spades. This is a song that could (and should) traverse many styles. I think of "I could love you like that"-big hit in pop and country. A universal message, so crafted, so pleasant, so catchy. TWO big thumbs up (unless you count my big toes!) Another great effort Floyd!! Take care. Greg

I so very much love to read your reviews!!! smile

#370336 - 10/17/16 05:45 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Late to this party as usual. Love this one man. Not a word wasted. Tight.

Regards,

Bob

#370397 - 10/17/16 03:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: receder]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, floyd

Very strong song. Your vocal is so professional.
Acoustic Guitar at intro. is so nice.
Little reverb is favorable.
The combination of Drums and Percussion is very pleasant.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Shigeki Adachi - Thank you for those very kind words. The GroovyFolk guitar is overlooked, I think - a good choice for an acoustic for certain songs - it play interesting patterns (quite James Taylor-ish). The Percussion RDs fit nicely with many of the regular Drum RDs and give a song better movement...

Originally Posted By: receder
Floyd,

It's already been said a thousand times but you are the master of this kind of song.

I love your use of harmonies and all the little details that make a difference.

Well done!

Rec

Thanks, Rec - I always appreciate you dropping in for a listen... and thanks for noticing the details...

#370573 - 10/18/16 06:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: tommyad]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
floyd, this is another master class in lyric crafting. Beautifully written. A fine vocal and the top shelf production that we are so accustomed to. Love the congas. Really good listen. Tom

Thanks, Tom - music to my ears... smile

#370693 - 10/19/16 12:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: Torrey Bliss]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Biglad
Another great track. I've only been a user of biab for two months but I'm in aw of you all. I've listened to yourself a lot and make you the bench mark for my songs and recordings. Total respect for all the talent on here keep it up guys

Thanks, John. We do have a bunch of very talented writers and producers who post here - a lot of variety - and creativity - giving us all new ideas about how to use BIAB... it is a truly wonderful forum...

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Wow Floyd, this is a perfect 'crossover' - pop with a country flavor. Exceptional lyrics, very strong write and a great mix and arrangement. Everything falls right into place. Vocals and harmonies are superb.

I like this one a lot.

Charlie

Charlie - thank you for that very nice review...

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
You let this one out of the barn on the day we were battling rain and some wind... and no power and no internet.

Nice work as is usual from you.

Thanks, Herb - glad you made it through it without too much effect. We were fortunate that it stayed far enough east that it had little effect here...

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Floyd, this is a great song. It effectively tells a story and the vocal is very good. Nice job of building the instrumentation as it went along and great mix. Thanks, Torrey.

Torrey - I really appreciate all that...

#370906 - 10/21/16 05:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Addendum to our previous response:

We've now listened in both vehicles, on the larger "living room" system and of course on our monitors. The mix is remarkable on all three and IMO that is a primary indicator of a great mix. Heck it sound good on our iPad!

J&B
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#370965 - 10/21/16 01:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Another nice one Floyd-
I haven't visited the forum for a few time but the songs are always
of a super level. And yours are very appreciated from me.

Sergio

Sergio

#370980 - 10/21/16 04:28 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: uk scotland
colly Offline
Apprentice

Loc: uk scotland
Floyd

good one bud.

the lyrics on the song and arrangement.

Top notch.

I am a bit apprehensive to comment ....now.

Been away working from home and

came back on the forum and seen what my last post had caused

but I enjoyed this.

And had to comment.

Take care.

#370983 - 10/21/16 04:53 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
Matcham Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Byron Bay, NSW, Australia
Loving the guitar solo as I write this. You really set the bar for tasteful songwriting and production. It's always great to hear your tracks.

#370996 - 10/21/16 06:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Central Ohio
edshaw Offline
Expert

Loc: Central Ohio
What can I say that has not been said? Terrific voice that has somehow found the ideal lyrical and musical styles to allow it to reach the heights.
I am working a bit on constructing bridges and composing fills. Haven't found a better teacher than your tracks; so, thanks.
Reaper/Audacity
TASCAM DP 03 SD|Digital deck

#371365 - 10/24/16 03:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: You Never Said A Word [Re: Janice & Bud]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
After several listens to this we are struck as always with what
a fine singer and writer you are. Your lyrics are like a fine book
where one can always count on a gem for every page. No matter
the subject or the genre your lyrics are invariably full of cool
little twists and turns...never over done but enough to separate
them from the pack. Perhaps it your ability to offer a fresh take
on any theme.

Your mixes are showcases (well this is the showcase) for just how
amazing RT's and RD's are.

Oh yeah, cool percussion too.

Kudos mr jane

J&B

Thanks for noting all of that. It's what making music is all about....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
"Find-a-Sub" RealTracks Feature - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Freshen up your arrangements using the "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks feature added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows! This feature will help you find replacement RealTracks to use that are the most similar in sound, feel, tempo, and time signature for your song, sorted from best-to-worst!

Watch the explanation of this new feature when you jump to the subject in our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 New Features Video - click here to watch.

Or, read a detailed explanation of this new feature here.

Find the Perfect Style for Your Song with the Song Titles Browser Feature! #TipTuesday

Use the Song Titles Browser within the StylePicker if you're wanting to create a song in the feel of your favorite tune!

Give it a try - there are OVER 10,000 titles available to search with this feature!

If you've searched for a song, and no Style is suggested, click on the [Add...] button, you'll be able to post a request to add that title here!

Learn more about this feature within the "Style suggestion" topic here.

Share your Latest Band-in-a-Box® Song! #MusicMonday

Let's hear your latest Band-in-a-Box® song! Don't be shy - post it as a reply, or head to our User Showcase Forum to share it there!

New to Band-in-a-Box® and unsure of how to get started? We have a few resources to help you out!

Forums - packed with helpful program users!
Online Manual - specifically "Chapter 2: QuickStart" (Mac users, click here.)
Support Videos - sorted for easy searching! All of these are also shared on our YouTube Channel.

Of course, you can always reach out to our team directly too! www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

The Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" Mode! #TBT

Did you know... the "Plug-in" mode was first launched with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows!

With the 2010 "Plug-in" mode, Band-in-a-Box® opened as a small always-on-top window, and acted as a plug-in for your favorite DAW/sequencer, so that you could Drag-and-drop MIDI and audio (WAV) tracks from Band-in-a-Box to your favorite sequencer. You could work in your favorite sequencer, type a progression in Band-in-a-Box, and then simply drag the track from Band-in-a-Box to your sequencer’s track at the desired track and bar location.

To learn more about the new features that were launched with Band-in-a-Box® 2010 for Windows, check out Band-in-a-Box® 2010 "Plug-in" mode feature highlighted in our Band-in-a-Box® 2010 New Features Video at 10:50!

The "Plug-in" mode development didn't stop there - With Band-in-a-Box® 2019 we introduced the "Band-in-a-Box® VST DAW Plugin" which now works DIRECTLY INSIDE YOUR DAW (Cakewalk, Reaper, Pro Tools, PreSonus, etc.). Learn more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac - No Sound with MIDI?

Have you ever experienced a No Sound issue when you're working with MIDI in Band-in-a-Box® for Mac?

We have an online tutorial that can walk you through some troubleshooting to resolve this, but why not check out our newest YouTube video instead?

Click here to watch...

Of course, you can always reach out to us directly if you're in need of assistance with the program!

The Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Feature Browser! #TipTuesday

Don't underestimate the power of the Feature Browser added with Band-in-a-Box® 2020! This is a GREAT resource when you "know that you knew a feature" but just can't quite remember how to find it!

Simply click on the [?] at the top of the program (near the Mixer on the right) to launch this feature. From there, simply type in your query, or choose from the long list that appears in the Feature Browser window. If you're typing it in, you'll see that list change to only show the results that could fit your search - once you find what you're looking for, you can read more about it when you choose [Manual], if there's a video for the feature you can choose [Video] to view it, OR - if you don't need to read about the feature and just want to USE it, choose [Do it] and you're all set!

Watch this new feature in action when you jump to the subject in our New Features video:

10:19 - New Feature - Feature Browser

Give the Gift of Music with Band-in-a-Box®!

Did you wait too long to purchase flowers, a card, or book a restaurant for Valentine's Day? Or, maybe material gifts just aren't your thing?

Why not whip together a song in Band-in-a-Box? It's as easy as typing in some chords, choosing a style, and pressing play!

Or, take it a step further with the help of the Audio Chord Wizard and our StylePicker Song Titles Browser feature!
How???
-Use the Audio Chord Wizard to analyze their favorite song and provide you with the chord progression
-Take that chord progression and start a new project in Band-in-a-Box (choose "Erase the Audio WAV file in BB" | Enable style)
-Head to the StylePicker window, search for a style for that song using the "Song Titles Browser" Feature (top right)
-Choose from the list provided
-Press Play!

Like what you hear? Save it, and viola!

Forum Stats
31260 Members
63 Forums
62551 Topics
529324 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Sajj, PhoenixPhyre, DThor, aldosax, Ice Box

31260 Registered Users