You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#372476 - 10/31/16 07:31 AM [User Showcase] Tomorrow I'll Be Fine
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Not so long ago, I wrote a post analysing Ira Gershwin's lyrics for his brother's melody, "I Got Rhythm". That post can be found at this link if anyone is interested.

As a result of the above post, I found myself stuck with "I Got Ryhthm" endlessly recycling through my mind. In the end, and in an effort to remove it from my brain, I decided to use it as a starting place for a composition. I wrote the lyrics first and then added music.

Here's the result...

Also, in case anyone is interested, I've put together a reasonably detailed explanation of how I used Ira Gershwin's lyric format for "I Got Rhythm" to create the lyrics for "Tomorrow I'll Be Fine". The explanation can be found at this link.

Please feel free to comment on any aspect of the song, its writing and its production.

Thank you for taking the time,
Noel

BIAB...
540: Bass, Electric, Pop Sw 165
616: Mandolin, Rhythm Bouncy Sw 165
373: Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Hank Sw 165
812: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Western Swing Sw 165
1871: Fiddle, Soloist WesternSwingAndy Sw 165
1710: Guitar, Electric, Soloist WesternSwingBrent Sw 165

RealDrums: Nashville2BeatSw8^01-a:Sidestick , b:Snare, Ride

Lyrics...
[VERSE]
Whenever Life makes me stumble
Takes me by surprise
I close my eyes
Breathe deep
And think about the things that keep me going
That make this journey a good one

[REFRAIN]
Give me sunshine
Give me blue sky
Give me freedom
And tomorrow I'll be fine

Give me good friends
Love and family
Give me laughter

This life's a priceless treasure
By every measure
It's a bold adventure that beckons like wine

Give me a sunrise
And a thankful outlook
As long as I've got air to breathe
Tomorrow I'll be fine
Tomorrow I will be fine

[INSTRUMENTAL]

Give me good friends
Love and family
Give me laughter

This life's a priceless treasure
By every measure
It's a bold adventure that beckons like wine

Give me a sunrise
And a thankful outlook
Tomorrow I'll be fine
Tomorrow I will be fine

[TAG]
Give me a new morning sunrise
And a thankful outlook
Tomorrow I'll be fine
Tomorrow I will be fine
Yes tomorrow I will be fine

©2016 Noel Adams, words and music, all rights reserved.

#372479 - 10/31/16 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool tune Noel. I loved this tune. This brought back memories of high school. Each year we would put on a play i.e. My Fair Lady, Oliver and this tune reminded my of the songs we did in those plays. Loved the lyric and vocal..

#372483 - 10/31/16 07:49 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Excellent Noel, Uplifting and colorful.

The harmonies worked really well.

Great choice, great writing, great instrumentation.

I really liked the way your brought the melody in after the first verse

This is a real toe-tapper.

Trev
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#372484 - 10/31/16 07:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Good song! The spoken word intro is a nice touch and good lyrics and vocal. Nice arrangement of the instrumental part too!

Blue Attitude Website

#372510 - 10/31/16 11:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Noel,

You write among the most positive lyrics around - this song is so singalong happy its as refreshing as hearing the kids at my son`s school singing on the bus!
I`m not saying there aren`t sophisticated elements- the "life`s a priceless treasure" refrain is a lovely part of the melody, and the whole production very professional, as usual.
I especially enjoyed the swing guitar/fiddle instrumental break.
Happy listens!

Robert

#372527 - 10/31/16 01:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Great song Noel! Loved the lyrics, vocals are perfect, and production is outstanding. Really enjoyed it!

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#372535 - 10/31/16 01:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Will B - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Wow I love that explanation post! So fascinating and detailed. Awesome job, Noel, this is a real nice tune. Very cheerful, a perfect way to stave off rainy day blues over here smile

#372564 - 10/31/16 04:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Scott C]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Very cool tune Noel. I loved this tune. This brought back memories of high school. Each year we would put on a play i.e. My Fair Lady, Oliver and this tune reminded my of the songs we did in those plays. Loved the lyric and vocal..

Hi Scott,

Thank you for passing through. I appreciate the support! I'm a fan of My Fair Lady and Oliver... great musicals. I reckon that My Fair Lady is one of the best ever written. I'm glad my song helped bring back some good memories!

All the best,
Noel

#372571 - 10/31/16 05:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Scott C]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: Scottt709

I agree. Positive and delightful!! I can really hear this one in a musical. It really has that quality. Like Gershwin's "Who could ask for anything more?" Wonderful listen-the production is clean and beautifully executed. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

#372585 - 10/31/16 07:18 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Noel

I also agree. Positive and delightful! It is a very good song as a musical tune or may not. The modulation and the dominant motions of the bridge and the deceptive cadence of the end of the melody are wonderful and very Gershwin-like. The choice of the instruments at interlude is perfect. The mixing is very clean and beautiful and your vocal is very nice.
I enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best Regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#372613 - 11/01/16 12:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Noel,
How different our songs are!
You spend hours perfecting a masterpiece and are able to explain the technique you use. Incredible!
You MUST be a teacher to be able to dissect a song as you do and then explain it in a way that I can understand!

AND then produce such a clear mix!
Sounds great here in Wales.

Well done, Noel.

excellent

Alyn

My story

#372618 - 11/01/16 12:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Noel,

Great vibe and a uplifting catchy tune. Excellent lesson in songwriting and an interesting analysis of what you did here.
Really well done (the song stays in your head).

Peter

#372629 - 11/01/16 04:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: VideoTrack]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
Excellent Noel, Uplifting and colorful.

The harmonies worked really well.

Great choice, great writing, great instrumentation.

I really liked the way your brought the melody in after the first verse

This is a real toe-tapper.

Trev

Thanks, Trev. Appreciate the feedback.

I wasn't expecting this particular songwriting journey to be as productive as it has turned out to be! Everything seemed to fall into place pretty well. For the harmony, I had a little help with Melodyne - it's a great program and much more reliable than my background vocals!

All the best,
Noel

#372757 - 11/02/16 04:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: BlueAttitude]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: BlueAttitude
Good song! The spoken word intro is a nice touch and good lyrics and vocal. Nice arrangement of the instrumental part too!

Hi Dave,

Thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it.

Regards,
Noel

#372758 - 11/02/16 04:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Robertkc]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Noel,

You write among the most positive lyrics around - this song is so singalong happy its as refreshing as hearing the kids at my son`s school singing on the bus!
I`m not saying there aren`t sophisticated elements- the "life`s a priceless treasure" refrain is a lovely part of the melody, and the whole production very professional, as usual.
I especially enjoyed the swing guitar/fiddle instrumental break.
Happy listens!

Robert

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the comments! Band In A Box is such an amazing tool. I never tire of using it and it really has given me a whole new lease on life! I could never write these kind of songs without it. I'm glad that Dr Gannon invented such an amazing program.

Thanks for dropping in.

All the best,
Noel

#372777 - 11/02/16 07:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Noel,

I SO enjoyed listening (a number of times) to this.

The opening is interesting, unique, well conceived... that bass is so nicely "crisp" (for a bass)...combined with the drums, an excellent bed for the spoken intro...

Man! what a nice sound you got on the acoustics! How much of that is Audiophile and how much Noel-processing? The entire mix is EXRTRAORDINARY. Everything fits perfectly. The electric solo snuggles in magically...

One of your all-time-best vocals. Confident and comfortable...natural... really well recorded - any processing that you did to it is spectacular - nothing about it "pokes it's head above the singing" - completely transparent - perfect vocal processing. Kudos.

Your writing here is strong. The "I GOT RHYTHM" influence can be heard if you are listening for it - yet it still sounds like a Noel Adams song. It actually made me think of "The Book of Mormon" - One of the best musicals (lyrically and musically) in the last 30 years. This would fit in that show without missing a beat....rousing applause...

Strong in every regard.

fj

#372806 - 11/02/16 10:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Very nice tune indeed! The intro part works very well.
I could never come up with something positive like this grin
Also, the soloist is very well-chosen.

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#372814 - 11/02/16 11:24 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"Man! what a nice sound you got on the acoustics! How much of that is Audiophile and how much Noel-processing? The entire mix is EXRTRAORDINARY. Everything fits perfectly. The electric solo snuggles in magically..."

What fj said. This is, indeed, an amazing production. The spoken part is very effective.

I'm writing this as Janice and I sit on our porch overlooking a forest complete with birds singing. Your songs always cause one to contemplate the blessings of life. Even in more positive moments I would never be able to write a lyric that so well captures the moment as you do. Frankly I'm amazed that you can tolerate some of my darker productions.

Stunning! In all aspects.

J&B

PS I look forward to reading your link.

#372839 - 11/02/16 12:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: David Snyder]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Great song Noel! Loved the lyrics, vocals are perfect, and production is outstanding. Really enjoyed it!

Hey David!

Thanks for visiting and listening. Now if only I knew how to be as creative as you...

Appreciate the feedback.

All the best,
Noel

#372920 - 11/03/16 08:43 AM [User Showcase] Re: Tomorrow I'll Be Fine [Re: Noel96]
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Will B - PG Music
Wow I love that explanation post! So fascinating and detailed. Awesome job, Noel, this is a real nice tune. Very cheerful, a perfect way to stave off rainy day blues over here smile

Hi Will,

It's good to read that my tune is finding a useful purpose over on Vancouver Island smile Thanks for taking the time to have a listen and to comment. Appreciate it.

Regards,
Noel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® Country Music Add-ons!

Happy International Country Music Day!!!

You might not think of Band-in-a-Box® as a country music making machine, but you'd be surprised... there are OVER 850 Country RealTracks available!

See (hear?) the Country songs created by Band-in-a-Box® users when you check out the Band-in-a-Box® Radio playlists Country/EZ Listening/Folk 1 and Country/EZ Listening/Folk 2.

Feeling inspired to create your own Country song in Band-in-a-Box®? Pop into the RealTracks Picker and create your own custom country band by filtering for "Country" or choose an existing Country style within the StylePicker Window by choosing a "Country" Filter String (from the drop down menu).

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 French for Mac is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 apporte plus de 50 nouvelles fonctionnalités ! Des améliorations ont été apportées aux RealTracks (RealTracks vocales au son plus doux, Epaississement des RealTracks, fonctions RealTracks "Trouver un Subs" et Multiriffs). La majorité des RealDrums dispose maintenant de RealCharts (avec une notation Drums précise). Le nouveau navigateur d'artistes RealTracks permet la recherche d'informations/bios/liens/listes sur artistes RealTracks. Le nouveau navigateur de fonctions permet à l'utilisateur nouveau ou "tête en l'air" de trouver et d'utiliser facilement la plupart des fonctionnalités/raccourcis/documents à partir d'une seule fenêtre. L'égalisation du tempo permet de changer un morceau rubato enregistré en un tempo fixe. L'étirement audio temps/pitch a été amélioré (Elastique inclus). Il y a des améliorations un peu partout dans le SongPicker, les Intros automatiques avec Basse/drums ou drums seuls, l'extension du nombre de titres avec + 3.400 titres nouveaux, MusicXML, la guitare avec vues "gaucher" et "élève", la fonction glisser-déposer, l'affichage multi-fenêtres de l'Assistant Accord Audio et bien plus encore !

ACHAT / MISE À JOUR, & TÉLÉCHARGEMENT MAINTENANT!

Get Inspired with the Band-in-a-Box® Title Generator!

There can be many triggers that could inspire you to write a song... but what if you're wanting to write a song, and are having trouble finding the inspiration you need?

Jump start your creativity using the Title Generator feature in Band-in-a-Box®.

I love this feature - it delivers some beautiful results!

To access this feature:

Mac: select Edit | Chords | Auto-Generate Song Title menu command (control+shift+S). The song title will appear in the Title window! Repeat the Auto-Generate Song Title command until the program comes up with a suitable title for your song. Band-in-a-Box® will keep generating new titles for as long as it takes to get the right one.

Windows: click on the "Generate Title" button within the main screen of the program and you can choose to "auto-generate" a song title which will appear right in the Title field of your song, or for a more varied selection choose to "generate multiple titles" and you'll be taken to the Title Generator window, which can generate a list of 50 song titles for you!

I've just done this, and won't bother list all 50 here - but the "top 10" I've chosen from my generated list are:
Eloquent Laugh
Statuesque Luck
Considering a Rainbow
Brief Fling, Acknowledged
Something for a Sandpiper
Happy Runaround
Cheatin' Skies
Then Came a Rose
The Mention of My Love
Eternal Raincheck

Give it a try!

The resource for this feature can also be edited, allowing you to customize the results.
(to do this, review the file TITL1.TXT within the BB Data folder.)

Band-in-a-Box® - Loops-with-Style PAK Video Tutorial

Wondering how to use the Loops-with-Style PAKs in your songs?

Check out our latest video, where we explain installing Loops-with-Style PAKs, locating the content within the proram, and how to use them in either in Band-in-a-Box® or in other DAWs - Watch the video...

Learn about the Styles included, applying the Loops, how the Loops will work with your song settings, using these Loops in other DAWs, and more!

Note: this video was made using the Windows version, however the steps are the same for Mac.

Share Your Love for Band-in-a-Box®!

Want everyone to know how much you enjoy Band-in-a-Box? Submit a Video Testimonial today, and when we share it on our website and YouTube channel, we'll send you a FREE Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK hard drive!

Check out some of the great Video Testimonials we've already received here.

For more information on this offer, click here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 German for Mac is Here!

Es gibt über 50 neue Funktionen in Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Es gibt Verbesserungen der RealTracks (weicher klingende Vokal RealTracks, RealTracks Verdickung, "Find-a-Sub" RealTracks und MultiRiffs). Die meisten RealDrums haben jetzt RealCharts (mit genauer Drum-Notation). Es gibt einen neuen RealTracks-Künstler-Browser, um Infos/Bios/Links/Listen von RealTracks zu allen Künstlern zu finden. Ein neuer Feature-Browser ermöglicht es dem neuen oder "vergesslichen" Benutzer, die meisten Features/Hotkeys/Dokumente von einem einzigen Fenster aus leicht zu finden und zu benutzen. Die Funktion Tempoausgleich ermöglicht es, einen aufgenommenen Rubato-Song in ein festes Tempo zu ändern. Verbesserte Audio-Zeit/Tonhöhen-Dehnung (Elastique) enthalten. Es gibt SongPicker-Verbesserungen, Auto-Intros für Bass/Drums oder nur Drums, 3.400 zusätzliche Titel, MusicXML-Verbesserungen, "Linkshänder"- und "Studentensicht"-Gitarre, Ziehen & Ablegen -Verbesserungen, Audio-Akkord-Wizard mit mehreren Fenstern und mehr!

KAUF/UPGRADE, & DOWNLOAD JETZT!

With Band-in-a-Box® Your Band is MASSIVE!

Open Band-in-a-Box®, and you're instantly gaining access to at least 300 different RealTracks played by real live musicians!

There's more than 140 Artists that contribute to the 2,900+ RealTracks available! Our RealTracks and RealDrums Artists are top studio musicians, and the RealTracks they play will add an amazing human element to your projects!

Now is a great time to have these musicians handy!

-----

Band-in-a-Box® Pro includes over 300 RealTracks in 100 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® MegaPAK includes over 500 RealTracks in 300 bands! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ includes over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac
Band-in-a-Box® Audiophile Edition includes the uncomplessed files for over 2,900 RealTracks! Windows | Mac

Learn more about using RealTracks in your Band-in-a-Box® projects: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32841 Members
68 Forums
66127 Topics
561477 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
uhv14437@cuoly.c, Chris52, EyalSavab, Christmas Music, Calceus

32841 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
eddie1261 175
VideoTrack 155