I've released an version of synSinger for anyone who'd like to try it out. It's located at:

http://webs.lanset.com/dcuny/download/synsinger_12_06_2016.zip

The installation is simple: unzip the file, putting synSinger.exe in your bb\Data\SRequest directory - the same directory that BiaB place the Sound.XML file into.

There's a handy SYNSINGER_INSTRUCTIONS.txt file with instructions as well.

Running synSinger is pretty simple, although the steps may seem complicated. Once BiaB creates the Sound.XML file, double-click synSinger.exe and it'll create a Sound.wav file that can be imported into BiaB.

Once you've copied synSinger.exe into bb\Data\SRequest, the steps are:

1. Create a song in BiaB.
  2. In Vocal Synth, choose Manual Mode.
  3. BiaB will present you with a Message dialog showing where the Sound.XML file is created. Make sure it's in the same directory you unzipped synSinger.exe into!. Press OK to close the dialog.
  4. When BiaB displays the BB File Open Dialog, Alt-Tab out of BiaB and open the bb\Data\SRequest folder where the Sound.XML and synSinger.exe files are. Double-click synSinger.exe to create the Sound.wav file.
  5. Atl-Tab back to BiaB, and choose Sound.wav in the BB File Open Dialog.
  6. Click OK at the File Import dialog.
  7. Click Yes at the Convert Channels dialog to keep in mono. Or put it in stereo - it doesn't really matter.
  8. Click the Play button to hear the results.

Keep in mind it's alpha-quality software! Let me know if you've got and problems, questions, or suggestions.

Also, if someone would be interested in getting this working on OS X, I'd love to hear from them.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?