You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#381598 - 12/10/16 03:46 PM [Beginners Forum] Did I make a mistake going with the download only option?
Loc: Maine
sealcove Offline
Enthusiast

Just came back to Biab for the first time in five or six years. Upgraded to UltraPack 2017, which is about 90GB. I have a very reliable 60-80mbps connection and and regularly download 30gb or larger applications at great transfer rates. With the Biab server I am looking at hideously slow speeds (under 200kbps). I went and tried at my office, which is a 100+ mbps fiber connection and got the same result. That tells me their servers are not well located or perhaps there is some other network issue.

Is this likely to improve or should I contact customer support to see if I can still tack on the hard drive option? At this rate, each realtrack file is a 2-3 hour affair, rather than the 4-5 minutes I would expect a 1GB file to take.

Thanks for any thoughts.

#381601 - 12/10/16 04:18 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: sealcove]
Loc: uk scotland
colly Offline
Apprentice

Sealcove

You can go to your accounts page on pg music,...and just click on the individual downloads and d/load from there ..it is a faster option...

Hope that helps... I done this ...then weeks later I ordered the hard drive for 20 dollars....thinking it will be good back up...but here in the u.k.

I got import tax costs 44 gbp.

Take care

#381608 - 12/10/16 04:58 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: colly]
sealcove Offline
Enthusiast

Thanks for that. I just assumed that their download utility would be efficient. I was getting 55kbps on a file when I stopped the utility, and then got 7mbps+ via direct download. Much better!

#381611 - 12/10/16 05:06 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: sealcove]
colly Offline
Apprentice

Good stuff..

Merry Xmas

#381616 - 12/10/16 05:44 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: colly]
sealcove Offline
Enthusiast

Bummer. Worked great for a couple of files and then went back to about 100kbps. Maybe it will improve again, but I sent a message about adding the hard drive if possible. It is prime time, so perhaps the server is currently loaded, or there is some other bottleneck.

Thanks again.

#381620 - 12/10/16 05:50 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: sealcove]
colly Offline
Apprentice

Anno does take a day or so to get the 90 gig down.

I do recommend buying the hard drive at 20 dollars.

I did have it all d/loaded ..then ordered the hard drive 20 dollars it is a steal.

Just my country not pg music 44 gbp....wtf..

#381621 - 12/10/16 05:54 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: sealcove]
colly Offline
Apprentice

You can add the hard drive at anytime.

You will love it when you are sorted ...just a bit of pain..!

Take care

Merry xmas

#381687 - 12/11/16 06:18 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: sealcove]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

If it is available on the HD , man that's the way to go. You get the factory perfect option right out of the box.

When you order the HD, I think you have access to the DL version. I have never tried the DL since it is so freaking huge.

I always run the HD version from the HD as well. AND.... there's storage space on the HD that you can use to keep projects and finished waves.

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#381689 - 12/11/16 06:22 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: Guitarhacker]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
When I order the HD version I just DL the BiaB program. That way I get a head start on it prior to loading all of the RTs, RDs, and MIDI stuff that is on the HD.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#381699 - 12/11/16 07:15 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: MarioD]
sealcove Offline
Enthusiast

The downloads have gone much better since last night. It was probably server overload or general internet congestion. I still plan to get the hard drive and have a message into support requesting it.

I am just getting my feet underneath me again with the program, but it sure seems to have come along nicely since my last version. Not that it wasnt great before, but I am impressed at all of the improvements.

#381803 - 12/11/16 04:13 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: Did I make a mistake going with the download only option? [Re: sealcove]
Loc: Durham, UK
Kev T Offline
Apprentice

Loc: Durham, UK
Any one from the UK know if we have to pay extra customs on the pen drive upgrades from Canada like we do with the hard drives?

Thanks for any info.
BIAB 2019 (623) PLUSPAK (ext HD), 49PAKs, STYLESPAKs 1 - 6, Win 7 64bit PC, REAPER, Ozone, Adobe Audition CS6, EZ Drummer2 + EZ Keys, Behringer x32 Compact desk, Behringer X Touch Universal Controller,Roland Studio Capture, SE Gemini/Rode NT2/Shure mics

PG Music News
Video - Explore the Band-in-a-Box® 2020 MultiRiffs Feature

MultiRiffs is a popular feature that has previously been available in RealBand and the Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin. With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, it's now available in Band-in-a-Box® too! This feature allows you to quickly generate 7 variations of riffs from the same RealTracks for either a portion of the song or the whole song.

Tobin has made a great video explaining using the MultiRiffs feature within Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - check it out here.

Read more about this feature here.

Video - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows New Features

Learn all about the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows - our New Features Video is ready! Watch it here.

Read all about the new features:
New features website
Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade Manual

Or read our "49 of Your Problems Solved!" page, here, which lists 49 requests fulfilled in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows.

Don't forget... We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2019 - you can save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2020 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2020 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available. If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

49 of Your Problems Solved with Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows, there are 50+ new features, 202 RealTracks, and more!

We get ideas for the new features and new RealTracks from program users- there are several sources: our Wishlist and general forum, support phone calls, trade shows, etc. In most cases, customers are not describing a new feature – they are describing a problem they have that they would like to have solved.

This is a list of our features and additions in Band-in-a-Box® 2020, presented from a unique perspective. It is from this customer list of "problems they would like solved." These are not exact quotes, they are paraphrased from our discussions with our customers. They explain what problems and requests they discussed with us, that resulted in the various new features and RealTracks. Hopefully this answers the question "why did you add this feature/content?"

So, without further ado, here are the 49 requests/problems that we (hopefully) have solved with the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020: click here to review.

50 New RealStyles included in Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 is a new library of 100 original loops that we've created using RealTracks/RealDrums source material, and it includes 50 new RealStyles!

Click here to listen to audio demos of the new RealStyles included with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®.

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st! Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19! Click here for more information.

New! Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

A brand-new Band-in-a-Box Add-on is HERE!

Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 (and higher) expands your loops collection with 100 new loops! Click here to watch our video demonstration.

We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered, like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle!

ON SALE UNTIL DECEMBER 31st!

Save over 30% when you purchase during our special - add Loops-with-Style PAK 1 to your collection today for just $19!

Click here for more information. Mac user? This new Add-on works for you too! Click here for Mac.

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we've added 202 new RealTracks! These include great Americana, Gospel Vocals, new Blues, Country Pollwinners, Bossa Flute/Horn sections, Jazz Blues and Rhythm Changes, British and Hazy '60s guitars, Modern Funk, Island Grooves with steel drum and marimba, Singer-Songwriter, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2019 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks collection with over 2,900 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out this video, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

New Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac Add-ons are Here!

Just released for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Mac: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1!

We've added 164 fantastic new RealStyles in Xtra Styles PAK 8! These are imaginative new combinations of our existing RealTracks library that fall into four categories: Rock/Pop 8, Jazz 8, Country 8, and Celtic 1. To celebrate the release of Xtra Styles PAK 8, ALL of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-8 are on sale for just $29 each! Learn more & listen to demos here.

Also brand-new is our Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®, which gives you the chance to expand your loops collection with 100 new loops! We've taken the RealDrums and RealTracks source audio and remixed, remastered, and combined it to create these original loops. All of your favorite genres are covered like jazz, funk, rock, pop, electronic, hip-hop, and more! To show them in action, we've created 50 new RealStyles that each include two of the loops. Plus, if you use the loops in Band-in-a-Box, we've included intelligent versions of the loops that automatically switch at A and B part markers. Each loop has a matching sister loop that works perfectly for another substyle! Get started with Loops-with-Style PAK 1 for the introductory price of just $19 until December 31st (reg: $29). Learn more & watch a great video demonstration here.

Note: Xtra Styles PAK 8 and Loops-with-Style PAK 1 require the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 or higher UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Forum Stats
30592 Members
63 Forums
61232 Topics
517096 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
mgrimaldi, Dinesh, Schnedler, sacto1996, NelsonColt

30592 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 290
Matt Finley 228