You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#393137 - 01/29/17 06:31 PM [User Showcase] New Song - You Are Faithful
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

It has been a few months since I have been able to post anything here. I have had a number of health issues, and life in general that have gotten in the way! I actually wrote this song about a month ago, but I have a ruptured disc in my neck, and have been only able to record, sometimes as little as one phrase a day, due to the pain. I finally got it finished! Whew! (Not looking for any sympathy, just explaining my absence.)

You Are Faithful

All the instruments are Realtracks/Realdrums, with some organ and percussion added by me. I hope you enjoy it.

I will try to get to listen and comment on some of the great songs I have been missing out on in my absence, in between doctor visits! smile Thanks so much!

Here are the RT's/RD's used...

RealTracks in song: 683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1119:Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Strumming Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 630:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanDirty Ev 120 (A:arp)
RealTracks in song: 1729:Piano, Acoustic, Solo-Accompaniment PopBalladJohn Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 691:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming AcRockBright Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2604:Guitar, Electric, Soloist JazzRock8thsJon Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: Soul60sEv^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

#393180 - 01/29/17 11:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Steve,
Really nice mix nice melody and a very pleasant listen.
Hope you feel better - sounds like it was hard going a phrase at a time!
A good listen.

Peter

#393201 - 01/30/17 03:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Glad you are feeing better. excellent vocal. Guitars gave nice edge to your backtrack

#393202 - 01/30/17 04:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Woodstock, NY
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: Woodstock, NY
Steve,

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well - hopefully you are getting past that...

Great sound - love the rhythmic feel. Your vocal sounds great as well. I would never have known that you built this phrase by phrase.

Excellent job!

Bob

#393204 - 01/30/17 04:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Guitarhacker Offline
Veteran

I like the song. Nice job on the tracks too.

It has a smooth easy groove to it, a nice country rocker.

This one is my favorite from you to this point.

Loved that crunchy disto guitar at the start and in the modulation. It floated nicely under the music bed.... yep!

Edited by Guitarhacker (01/30/17 04:17 AM)

Add nothing that adds nothing to the music

#393206 - 01/30/17 04:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
This is excellent. Glad you are feeling better. I always look forward to your new posts. This is a great write, arrangement and performance.

One small thing that was noticeable to me in your mix was the left panned guitar from 0.17 -- 0.50 seemed to be competing with your vocal. For those few seconds, the mix seemed unbalanced and only felt balanced when the piano came up in the mix. Very minor distraction and I'm probably the only one to notice it.

This is a good song and very professional performance and I enjoyed my listen and will be back to listen some more.

Charlie

#393304 - 01/30/17 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve,

Nice opening! The song has an "easy catchiness" to it. Sits on the ear nicely. A good write. Lovely vocal and harmonies (as always).

Your arrangements are always a pleasure to listen to. Nice mod! Excellent mix.

A very enjoyable listen.

Stay well.

floyd

#393317 - 01/30/17 01:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Stephen !

Hope your health issues
are vaning soon !!

Your tune is absolutely
fantastic, I would say
it is one of your absolute
best if not the best !!!

To me this is my new
Stevefav !!

Take care

Cheers
Dani

#393725 - 02/01/17 11:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
This is a fine tune Steve...one of many from you. As always the vocal, the write,
the arrangement and the production are in that proverbial pocket. Everything is
so seamless.

Thanks for the addition to our playlist!

We love it.

Best to you re the neck issues. Plenty of sympathy from me (Bud) as I have
neck and back issues.

J&B

Check out our BiaB SoundCloud songs!
J&B YouTube Sampler
J&B Website
Our album "All Over The Map" is on Apple Music, Spotify and others.

#393834 - 02/01/17 07:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Guitarhacker]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Steve,
Really nice mix nice melody and a very pleasant listen.
Hope you feel better - sounds like it was hard going a phrase at a time!
A good listen.

Peter

Thanks so much, Peter! It was a challenge at times for sure. I am starting to feel better. Thanks for your kind words.

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Glad you are feeing better. excellent vocal. Guitars gave nice edge to your backtrack

Thank you, Scott. Glad you like this one. I also enjoyed the Realtrack guitars.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well - hopefully you are getting past that...

Great sound - love the rhythmic feel. Your vocal sounds great as well. I would never have known that you built this phrase by phrase.

Excellent job!

Bob

Thanks so much, Bob! Always appreciate hearing from you! Seems like I recall reading somewhere that it took George Jones almost a year to record all the vocals on "He Stopped Loving Her Today" because he was so drunk every time he went in to record. Apparently piecing together the vocals paid off for him on that song. Thankfully, he was set free from his alcohol abuse a few years before he passed. I'm thankful it didn't take me a year to put this one together! (And that I wasn't too drunk to sing any of it. smile )

Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I like the song. Nice job on the tracks too.

It has a smooth easy groove to it, a nice country rocker.

This one is my favorite from you to this point.

Loved that crunchy disto guitar at the start and in the modulation. It floated nicely under the music bed.... yep!

Thank you very much, Herb. Your generous comments mean a lot to me. This song has a special meaning to me, as it was written to encourage a very special friend of mine who is in the midst of a very tough battle in/for his life. Glad you like it.

=====

Steve

#393941 - 02/02/17 01:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Online   content
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Beautifully done Steve!! Your songs and production are always so well done, and this is no exception. Everything works. Enjoyed this a lot!! Take care. Greg

#393963 - 02/02/17 04:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Steve, I loved your song. It has such a warm loving vibe to it! The vocal sounds cohesive (like you recorded it in a day). That chorus is beautiful with a great message. I pray the coming year finds you healthy and able to work on your music pain free!! Thanks, Torrey

#393998 - 02/02/17 06:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Great song Steve. Loved it! Excellent mix.

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#394003 - 02/02/17 06:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: england
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

loved it ,how do you get the drums to sound so good there brill.
loved the lyric and top class vocal

#394005 - 02/02/17 06:36 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

#395110 - 02/09/17 03:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Janice & Bud]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
This is excellent. Glad you are feeling better. I always look forward to your new posts. This is a great write, arrangement and performance.

One small thing that was noticeable to me in your mix was the left panned guitar from 0.17 -- 0.50 seemed to be competing with your vocal. For those few seconds, the mix seemed unbalanced and only felt balanced when the piano came up in the mix. Very minor distraction and I'm probably the only one to notice it.

This is a good song and very professional performance and I enjoyed my listen and will be back to listen some more.

Charlie

Charlie, thanks for your kind words! I am feeling a lot better, just had my second spinal injection yesterday, and it seems to be working! The electric guitar on the first verse was panned intentionally left, with the 12 string staying center. The piano does come in on the first chorus. Some may not like the choice, but that's the way I felt it at the time. smile I really appreciate your thoughtful comments!

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Steve,

Nice opening! The song has an "easy catchiness" to it. Sits on the ear nicely. A good write. Lovely vocal and harmonies (as always).

Your arrangements are always a pleasure to listen to. Nice mod! Excellent mix.

A very enjoyable listen.

Stay well.

floyd

Thank you, Floyd! I always appreciate hearing from you. Glad you enjoyed this one!

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Stephen !

Hope your health issues
are vaning soon !!

Your tune is absolutely
fantastic, I would say
it is one of your absolute
best if not the best !!!

To me this is my new
Stevefav !!

Take care

Cheers
Dani

Hi Dani! So glad you like this one! Always good to hear from you. Thanks for your thoughts about my health, as well.

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
This is a fine tune Steve...one of many from you. As always the vocal, the write,
the arrangement and the production are in that proverbial pocket. Everything is
so seamless.

Thanks for the addition to our playlist!

We love it.

Best to you re the neck issues. Plenty of sympathy from me (Bud) as I have
neck and back issues.

J&B

Janice and Bud, thank you so much for your comments! Really appreciate hearing from you on this one. I will be praying for your neck and back issues. I know they are no fun! I just had my 2nd spinal injection yesterday, and I am doing better. Thanks again!

=====

Steve

#395601 - 02/11/17 03:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Biglad]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Beautifully done Steve!! Your songs and production are always so well done, and this is no exception. Everything works. Enjoyed this a lot!! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg! Glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Steve, I loved your song. It has such a warm loving vibe to it! The vocal sounds cohesive (like you recorded it in a day). That chorus is beautiful with a great message. I pray the coming year finds you healthy and able to work on your music pain free!! Thanks, Torrey

Thank you, Torrey. I'm glad the vocals didn't come out pieced together. I really appreciate your kind words, and prayers. I am getting stronger every day!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Great song Steve. Loved it! Excellent mix.

David, always good to hear from you! Glad you like this one!

Originally Posted By: Biglad

Thanks, Biglad. I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment on this one. As to the drums, as I recall, I use a touch of compression, and use a trancient shaper plugin from Waves (very subtly) to bring just a little more pop out of the drums. I think there is an almost imperceptible (is that really a word?) amount of reverb to get them to sit right back into the mix. Then I attempt to get the bass to interact at the right level with the drums to set the right groove for the song and then build the rest of the instrumentation to fill out the song on that foundation. (Very oversimplified explanation.) Hope that helps.

=====

Steve

#395610 - 02/11/17 04:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Steve,

I've been in and out of the forum a bit because of the unexpected and I might have missed you but it's really good to see you posting again. I always smile when I see you name appear with a new post.

From beginning to end, 'You Are Faithful' delivers big-time. However I look at it, you've taken song arrangement and song production into the stratosphere with this creation. The sound is inspiring, entertaining, uplifting, and leaves the listener feeling very satisfied at the end of the song's journey. You've written and produced a terrific work.

All the best,
Noel

#397882 - 02/26/17 04:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - You Are Faithful [Re: Noel96]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Steve,

I've been in and out of the forum a bit because of the unexpected and I might have missed you but it's really good to see you posting again. I always smile when I see you name appear with a new post.

From beginning to end, 'You Are Faithful' delivers big-time. However I look at it, you've taken song arrangement and song production into the stratosphere with this creation. The sound is inspiring, entertaining, uplifting, and leaves the listener feeling very satisfied at the end of the song's journey. You've written and produced a terrific work.

All the best,
Noel

Noel, it's always so good to hear from you! You and I both have been out of the forum lately. Glad you like this one! I always appreciate your kind words!

Steve

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29889 Members
61 Forums
59232 Topics
499981 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
AxelS, maxnordio, Jetwoman, Bobby Watson, Broil

29889 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Jim 141
Janice & Bud 134