Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#397893 - 02/26/17 05:25 PM [User Showcase] New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song)
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

This one is a political song. But before you pick up any stones - I wanted to write something to address all the division and even hatred in my country (USA). So this is an upbeat song with a positive message. Doesn't matter which way you lean, politically, I pray that we can find a way to walk hand in hand. I hope you enjoy this one...

Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) - YouTube

Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) - Soundcloud

Here are the RealTracks/RealDrums used on the song...

RealTracks in song: 995:Bass, Electric, HardRockLA Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2764:Organ, Rhythm CountryBluesRockMike Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 845:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockPopping Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 1259:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopShiningRockA-B Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2763:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm CountryBluesRockMike Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 1169:Guitar, Electric, Soloist RockMediumBrent Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: BluesRockEv^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Open HiHat

Hand In Hand (Freedom Song)
©Stephen W. Young

There's a light on a hill for all to see
A flag waves proud in the land of the free
And even though the storm clouds come along
You can still hear the sounds of the freedom song

Take my hand and walk with me
Walk together in unity
Lay aside the things that tear us apart
We'll take our stand for liberty
Show the world what it means to be free
May the Lord continue to bless this land
Hand in hand

And even in the times we disagree
There's a truth that we all must come to believe
It's time for us to stop and look around
Keep looking 'til we find the common ground

Take my hand and walk with me
Walk together in unity
Lay aside the things that tear us apart
We'll take our stand for liberty
Show the world what it means to be free
May the Lord continue to bless this land
Hand in hand

==

Steve

#397900 - 02/26/17 06:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: New York
rsdean Offline
Veteran

Loc: New York
Steve,

This is excellent! Great groove on this one and strong vocal. Outstanding production as well...

A new favorite from you for me.

Bob

#397901 - 02/26/17 06:56 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

Steve,
No arguments here with the sentiment on your very enjoyable song.
The sing along feel of the chorus is just right and I thought the band sound was great.
Sweet vocals as well.

Robert

#397960 - 02/27/17 04:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: rsdean]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

This is excellent! Great groove on this one and strong vocal. Outstanding production as well...

Bob

Same for me. Hope you share on social media so the message gets out. Good song for all to hear.

Charlie

#397977 - 02/27/17 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: england
Biglad Offline
Journeyman

Loc: england
excellent production and loved the track ,a little bit of springsteen going on in there .I was waiting for a big clem sax solo.great work steve

#397985 - 02/27/17 06:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Very cool guitar and excellent vocal

#398014 - 02/27/17 08:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: rsdean]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Steve,

Bob

Bob said it here.
Let us add: your music is always beautiful and you never disappoint!

Rob & Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#398047 - 02/27/17 11:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, Steve !

What a superb song and so
wonderfully performed too !
I dig this, dig your voice
and dig the harmonizing !

Cheers
Dani

#398145 - 02/27/17 10:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Veteran

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Steve

Very uplifting song with great vocal.
As Robert said, the sing along feel of the chorus is just right and the band sound is great.
The momentary rest at "Take my hand" is very effective.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#398161 - 02/28/17 01:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Steve

Great production - strong sound - very melodic and nicely gets your message across.

Peter

#398172 - 02/28/17 04:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Steve,

well, you sure echoed my political point of view! I'm tired of people on both sides of the aisle sowing seeds of animosity toward their fellow citizens. It's long past the time for finding fellowship based on the ways in which we are alike and stop focusing on the ways in which we are different.

Having said that...

I think this mix is cleaner than distilled water! You really know how to put a song together and make it sound awesome! You also have one of the best singing voices I've heard in the forum (my opinion, others surely have their favorites).

Speaking purely from personal preference, I'd have to say that I tend to be MOST blown-away when your vocals are wrapped around lush strings and pianos. You are one of the few forum vocalists who can make a highly orchestrated song sound like it was recorded in a Nashville studio.

This song was more of a rocker than most of what you present, and that sort of jars my expectations. But, you easily make it work, and it does a good job of illustrating just how flexible you are as a song writer!

#398188 - 02/28/17 05:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Professional touches are evident throughout this song,
You always deliver top notch efforts
man, this is so good, great subject, great vocals
and you make the biab instruments fit eloquently
to your arrangement. It sounds like a good tight
band behind you, love the breaks, love the mix.
Enjoyed it

Kenny

#398214 - 02/28/17 08:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
We admire your consistently positive writes and this one certainly doesn't disappoint with it's timely message.

As Kenny said "professional touches are evident throughout this song..."

That pretty much covers it for us.

One word always comes to mind when we listen to your productions. Classy.

Whether it's the write, the vocal, the arrangement or the mix there's always just the right amount of everything. Never too much or too little.

Well done!!

J&B

#398435 - 03/01/17 08:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Biglad]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Steve,

Bob

Thanks, Bob! I always appreciate hearing from you.

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Steve,
No arguments here with the sentiment on your very enjoyable song.
The sing along feel of the chorus is just right and I thought the band sound was great.
Sweet vocals as well.

Robert

Thank you, Robert. Glad you like this one!

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Steve,

Bob

Same for me. Hope you share on social media so the message gets out. Good song for all to hear.

Charlie

Charlie, thank you for your very kind words! Feel free to "share" the YouTube, if you are so inclined. I am trying to get this one spread around. (Not just to promote me, but I believe in the message on this one.)

Originally Posted By: Biglad
excellent production and loved the track ,a little bit of springsteen going on in there .I was waiting for a big clem sax solo.great work steve

Thanks,Biglad. I "auditioned" the sax RT's, and they are excellent, but I just couldn't come up with one that I felt really fit the vibe and energy I was looking for here. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment!

====

Steve

#398527 - 03/02/17 12:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Warwickshire, UK
Happy Birthday Skyline Offline
Veteran

Loc: Warwickshire, UK
A great groove Steve, and top class vocals - and harmonies - and the usual first class production. A super listen.
We've got similar social strife here following the Brexit referendum. Things are still very fraught...

John
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4

#398537 - 03/02/17 12:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Nice one, well sung and played.
Excellent mix.

Interesting lyrics.

Sergio

Sergio

#398959 - 03/05/17 03:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: animarorecords]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool guitar and excellent vocal

Hey Scott, thanks for the kind words! Glad you like it.

Originally Posted By: RnAM
Steve,

Bob

Bob said it here.
Let us add: your music is always beautiful and you never disappoint!

Rob & Anne-Marie

Rob & Anne-Marie, thanks so much for listening and posting! I always appreciate hearing from you. Really appreciate your generous words.

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Steve !

What a superb song and so
wonderfully performed too !
I dig this, dig your voice
and dig the harmonizing !

Cheers
Dani

Thanks so much Dani! Appreciate hearing from you!

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Steve

Very uplifting song with great vocal.
As Robert said, the sing along feel of the chorus is just right and the band sound is great.
The momentary rest at "Take my hand" is very effective.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you, Shigeki! I enjoy your work. Thanks for your comments!

#398968 - 03/05/17 04:50 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Sounds great Steve! What a great message and the Vocal superb!! Thanks, Torrey

#399018 - 03/06/17 04:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Janice & Bud]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We admire your consistently positive writes and this one certainly doesn't disappoint with it's timely message.

As Kenny said "professional touches are evident throughout this song..."

That pretty much covers it for us.

One word always comes to mind when we listen to your productions. Classy.

Whether it's the write, the vocal, the arrangement or the mix there's always just the right amount of everything. Never too much or too little.

Well done!!

J&B
That's what I was thinking. I am never disappointed when I see your songs pop up. This is no exception. Loved the stops and the superb vocal. Tom

#399396 - 03/08/17 06:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - Hand In Hand (Freedom Song) [Re: Steve Young]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Steve,

J&B covered all the bases... This is up to your usual standards of excellence - the writing, the production and arrangement, the vocals - all top-shelf.

A great message, well presented.

Excellent.

fj

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Clarinet RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

It's National Clarinet Day! Who doesn't enjoy the rich & mellow sounds the clarinet delivers?

We have 20+ Clarinet RealTracks available for Band-in-a-Box®, covering Dixieland, Folk, Jazz, and World styles. You'll find these RealTracks in the following Sets:
RealTracks Set 56: Jazz, Old and New
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland - Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists
RealTracks Set 248: Oberkrainer! Folk Music From the Alps

Clarinet RealTracks Artists include:
James Danderfer
P.J. Perry
Thomas Oberreiter

Tutorial - Downloading and Installing Your Band-in-a-Box® Purchase

When you order your copy of Band-in-a-Box® from our website you'll receive the installation files to download your order, even if you're having it shipped!

You can access these files within the My Products section of your online account.

Downloading the program is such a convenient way to get started with Band-in-a-Box®! To learn more about how to download your purchase, please review the written tutorials we've created for Windows and Mac.

200+ Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Where would music be today without the sultry sounds of the Saxophone? Fortunately, because of Adolphe Sax, we don't have to find out!

Today we celebrate his birthday, and with that a nod to our extensive collection of Saxophone RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box®!

Saxophone RealTracks sound so amazing that they were one of the first RealTracks we developed and released for the program with Band-in-a-Box® 2007! Now there are more than 200 Saxophone RealTracks available for Jazz, Rock, Blues, Country, Funk, and Pop!

Our Saxophone RealTracks Artists include:
Eric Alexander
Eric Marienthal
Gary Smulyan
Jack Stafford
Jim Clark
Mark Douthit
P.J. Perry
Phil Woods
Tom Keenlyside

Click on their name to be taken to their bio page where you can learn more about the artists and listen to demos of all their RealTracks.

Forum Stats
33284 Members
67 Forums
66425 Topics
569063 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
aniseed, Mark Kelly, zampa987, Kenny J, Willy the Kid

33284 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 268
Matt Finley 254