You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#197831 - 03/10/13 08:33 PM [User Showcase] Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece
Loc: Oklahoma, USA
Don Gaynor Offline
Veteran

Loc: Oklahoma, USA
I did this yesterday for our new Finnish friend, Dani. He's heard it and enjoyed it. Welcome, Dani, my friend.

It's the first tune on my SoundClick site.

Comments a constructive criticism welcomed.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music

SoundClick: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1209254&content=music
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor
BIAB 2020 w/current updates.

#197832 - 03/10/13 09:11 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: Don Gaynor]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Don, my friend

I think it is a marvellous tune
and I feel more than honoured
for your dedication !:) I am
waiting eagerly for the lyrics
so that I can sing this tune
about how distances do not mean
anything for true friends !:)

Thank you Don so much and also for
your warm words of welcome!:)

Cheers
Dani

#197833 - 03/11/13 08:33 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: dani48]
Loc: South Africa
JoanneCooper Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Africa
Hi Don
Very cute tune. I also look forward to you dreaming up some lyrics and letting Dani have a go at singing them.
Well done Don

#197834 - 03/11/13 12:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: JoanneCooper]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Don,

Nice tune.
But you didn't play the mandolin, did you?
If so, it's cute.

Guenter

#197835 - 03/11/13 01:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: boehm]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Hi Don
I really enjoyed this.
I guess the Mandolin Lead is RT. I love the way it all sits so well together.
A bluegrass style for you maybe but to us over here in the UK it could so easily be converted into an Irish Waltz with a fiddle Lead.
Excellent, my friend.
Ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#197836 - 03/11/13 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Don,

That is quite the "enjoyable listen". I think Ian is right, it does have that Irish flair to it.. Do they have mandolins in Finland?

floyd

#197837 - 03/11/13 06:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: floyd jane]
sixchannel Offline
Expert

No Floyd - they have Huskies! Lol !
Nurse! Nurse!
Goodnight all
Ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#197838 - 03/11/13 07:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: sixchannel]
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Hi, Floyd and Ian ! (Lol):)

Certainly we do have mandolins but
I think that the Kantele is the true
finnish string instrument ?

Lol
Dani

#197839 - 03/11/13 09:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: dani48]
Loc: USA
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: USA
Very nice flow to this waltz.

Good job Don!

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#197840 - 03/12/13 02:20 AM [User Showcase] Re: Dani's Finnish Waltz - A Mandolin Piece [Re: Danny C.]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Don,

Wonderful. To me it sounded like the melody was 6/8 and played against a 3/4 accompaniment. It certainly fitted incredibly well. This is a very engaging piece of music. Loved it.

Regards,
Noel

PG Music News
How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Refresh Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box 2020 to the latest build 725 for Windows today! This free update acknowledges song memo edits when saving your work, resolves step-advance within the Big Piano window, revives a killed audio track, and more!

Just like our recent Mac patch, the DAW Plugin has been updated too! We've added "insert" and "delete" options into the chord sheet context menu and addressed 20+ reported 'bugs'!

Learn more & update today!

Forum Stats
32597 Members
68 Forums
65503 Topics
555368 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Kevinuser, Beej, michaeldg3, lencrawl42, Provipgroup

32597 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 191