You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#198682 - 03/19/13 07:57 PM [User Showcase] New Song - The Grandma Shuffle
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

It's been awhile since I've had any time to write/produce. My work schedule has been insane! I had a day off today, so I finished this one up that I started a week or so ago. It's a song I wrote to honor all the Grandma's that I have known. All RealTracks/RealDrums, with a couple fill in tracks of percussion and organ that I played. All the vocals are me (once again, cheap labor). I hope you enjoy it!

The Grandma Shuffle

Here are the lyrics...

The Grandma Shuffle
Words and music Copyright Stephen W. Young

Grandma was a good old soul
Didn't lie, steal, or cheat
She kinda shuffled as she walked across the floor
Sorta mopped it with her feet
I never felt a more gentle hand
Or saw a sweeter smile
When Grandma would sing her lullabies

Everybody dreams of the good old days
When Grandma's shuffle could chase the blues away

We all used to laugh at her
And all her funny ways
I can't remember all the things she said
But I can still hear her pray

--

And here are the RT's/RD's used...
RealTracks in song: 1844:Bass, Electric, CountryBoogieArp Sw 110
RealTracks in song: 1591:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TexasBluesRockShuffle Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 975:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountrySwingCleanMuted Sw 140
RealTracks in song: 1924:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockSlow12-8Sol Sw 060
RealTracks in song: 425:Organ, B3, Background Blues Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 1283:Guitar, Electric, Soloist CountryShuffleBrent Sw 120
RealTracks in song: 1588:Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockShuffleSol Sw 130
RealTracks in song: 403:Sax, Tenor, Motown Rock Ev 120
RealDrums in Song: BluesRock128^4-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Loose

Have a great day!

Steve

#198683 - 03/19/13 09:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Steve Young]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Hey Steve, nice to hear ya!

This reminded me of being a kid knowing I was fixing to get caught at something. Quick, here she comes. LOL!

Great sounding track.

#198684 - 03/20/13 07:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Sundance]
Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
MountainSide Offline
Expert

Loc: Lake Keowee, South Carolina
Hi Steve...welcome back! Real nice song...brought back some really good memories!
Win10, Intel i7 7700K 4.2Ghz, 32Gb RAM, 2x1Tb HD, 500Gb NVMe, BIAB/RB 2020, MOTU 828MK3 audio, MOTU Midi Express, Yamaha Montage 7, DX7II, TX802, Motif XS Rack, Roland Fantom XR Rack, Oberheim Matrix 1000, VoiceLive Touch, Kontakt 5.8, SampleTank 4.10

#198685 - 03/20/13 09:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: MountainSide]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Hi Steve.

Really nice feel to this track right from the first bar.

A great choice of RTs and excellent vocals with very smooth harmony. The understated Hammond track was just sublime. Listening to the song, I could actually picture the band playing it! All this, plus a mix that's spot on.

Did I say I like it?

ROG.

#198686 - 03/20/13 10:51 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: ROG]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
Hi Steve,

Great lyrics, vocals, harmonies and mix.
I like it.

Guenter

#198687 - 03/20/13 12:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: boehm]
Fitzync Offline
Enthusiast

Hi Steve,

what a great idea for a song, love the treatment and the production, very clear mix and mastering, well done.

#198688 - 03/20/13 03:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Fitzync]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Steve what a marvelous song, mix and performance exceptional as always! Thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#198689 - 03/20/13 04:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: PgFantastic]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hello Steve
Excellent song and clearly written with great affection.
Loved the choice of RT instruments.
cheers
ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#198690 - 03/20/13 05:40 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
Steve,

Very enjoyable song. Great tracks. Great mix. Terrific vocals and harmonies.
(I just keep the above in a file to copy and paste when you post a song)

I REALLY liked your "economy of words". Say what you need to say and done.
(a sign of someone who know what they are doin')
Must be "grampa/grandma good old days" month...

Like my dad used to say... "Son, you need to come by more often..."

Great job. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

floyd

#198691 - 03/21/13 01:03 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: wales
gibson Offline
Veteran

Loc: wales
Steve,
Excellent as usual.Good mix and choice of RT's
I never met any of my grandma/pa's as all departed before I was born sadly, but I can imagine.
Alyn

My story

#198692 - 03/21/13 07:04 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: gibson]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Steve,

This is brilliant. Writing, arrangement, mix, performance, you've nailed it! It's an incredibly professional sound that you've managed to capture. Seems to me that yet again you have redefined the concept of excellence.

All the best,
Noel

#198693 - 03/21/13 05:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Noel96]
occ Offline
Journeyman

Hey Steve!! I like all your songs but I think this may be the best one. You have such a smooth and relaxing voice. Your music is smooth and relaxing too. Thanks occ

#198694 - 03/23/13 03:22 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: occ]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Hi Steve, as usual you have raised the bar again!

Super song, great vocals and backing tracks. I really dug that organ.

Two thumbs up.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#198695 - 03/23/13 04:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: occ]
Loc: USA
Danny C. Offline
Veteran

Loc: USA
Quote:

Hey Steve!! I like all your songs but I think this may be the best one. You have such a smooth and relaxing voice. Your music is smooth and relaxing too. Thanks occ

Same thoughts here.

Later,

The More You Drink The Better I Sound

#198696 - 03/24/13 09:46 AM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Danny C.]
Loc: United Kingdom
Paul Haynes Offline
Journeyman

Loc: United Kingdom
Very nice song, kind of country blues! Great job.

Did you harmonize yourself or use a digital harmonizer?

#198697 - 03/24/13 01:51 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Hey Steve,

Very cool! I really liked it!

So I guess I'll just 2nd all the wonderful comment you've already gotten.

Greg

#198698 - 03/24/13 05:03 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Achordocaster]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Josie,

Thanks so much for your comments! Maybe the memories this invokes was because you were such a bad little girl??? On the other hand, all my memories of Grandma are so sweet and peaceful...

MountainSide,

Thanks so much for posting your comments. The older I get, the more sentimental I get!

ROG,

I really appreciate your input! Glad you like the song!

--

Steve

#198699 - 03/24/13 05:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Boehm,

Thanks so much for your kind words. Much appreciated!

Fitzync,

Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed it.

PGFantastic,

Thanks so much, Robert! Always good to hear from you!

--

Steve

#198700 - 03/24/13 05:12 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Sixchannel,

I really appreciate your time and comments, Ian! Thanks!

Floyd,

I am a fan of your work. I really appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment. I hope to have more time to devote to writing and producing again in the near future! Thanks for your kind words!

Gibson,

Thanks so much for your kind words, Alyn! I don't remember my paternal grandmother. She passed away when I was a few months old, but I heard wonderful stories about her. This song is really a tribute to a compilation of wonderful grandmas that I have known (my wife included - and no, I didn't marry my grandma ) Thanks again, Alyn!

--

Steve

#198701 - 03/24/13 05:19 PM [User Showcase] Re: New Song - The Grandma Shuffle [Re: Steve Young]
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Noel,

Always good to hear from you, my friend! I trust you are keeping everything together Down Under! I do appreciate your kind and thoughtful words!

OCC,

So nice to hear from you. Haven't seen you around for a while. Hope you are doing well! Thanks so much for your very kind words! My schedule has been so hectic the past year, maybe I should listen to some of my songs so I can relax! Thanks once again for your generous comments!

Mario,

So good to hear from you! Hope you are thawing out up there! I'm nursing a sunburn here in Texas! Always good to hear from you, my friend. Thanks for the kind words.

--

Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Holiday Hours - Monday, August 3 (British Columbia Day)

Monday, August 3 is British Columbia Day!

Since we are located in British Columbia (Victoria, on Vancouver Island), that means it's a holiday for us! Don't worry, some of our team will still be available - our hours on Monday are 8AM-4PM PST.

Regular hours resume Tuesday, August 4. www.pgmusic.com/contact.htm

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Refresh Your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box 2020 to the latest build 725 for Windows today! This free update acknowledges song memo edits when saving your work, resolves step-advance within the Big Piano window, revives a killed audio track, and more!

Just like our recent Mac patch, the DAW Plugin has been updated too! We've added "insert" and "delete" options into the chord sheet context menu and addressed 20+ reported 'bugs'!

Learn more & update today!

Forum Stats
32594 Members
68 Forums
65493 Topics
555292 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
lencrawl42, Provipgroup, Cameron, James Franco, Andyf1204

32594 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 190