You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#201003 - 04/17/13 12:22 PM [User Showcase] A Face In The Crowd
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Something a bit more on the "pop" side this time. Hey, ya gotta change it up once in a while...
One of those songs about "puttin' up a good front".

A Face In The Crowd

Here are the RealTracks:

RealTracks in song: 1174:Bass, Electric, PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 633:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopAmericanMuted Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 1852:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopUpliftArp Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 1260:Guitar, Electric, Soloist PopShining Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 587:Sax, Tenor, 2-Beat Rock Ev 110
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

I added a couple of acoustic tracks and the vocal.
The BIABettes added the harmonies.

As always, comments encouraged...

floyd

#201004 - 04/17/13 12:35 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Ian Ferrin Offline
Enthusiast

Loc: Suburban Stucco Tract House - ...
Pretty solid tune IMO Floyd. The lyrics are really well focused and the chorus has a nice melodic lift. I like it and can't really think of much to say in critique. I like the mix too.

Peace,

Ian

#201005 - 04/17/13 02:33 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: Ian Ferrin]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Loc: York, England
Well up to your usual high standard, Floyd.

Pop, yes, but with a definite country influence?

Particularly liked the chorus - it's always a good sign when you find yourself singing it long after the track's finished!

ROG.

#201006 - 04/17/13 03:14 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Grand Junction, Colorado USA
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Hey Floyd,

Another fine job! I like the pop/country feel this has going for it. I also think the sax is working well. The lead guitar track is cool too, but right when it comes in for the ending/outro (on the C#m) I'm hearing a couple of bad (or at least questionable) notes that (to me) are sticking out like a sore thumb. I think I'd regenerate that guitar section and see if you can't get him to make a little better choice.
It's great other than that.

Greg

#201007 - 04/17/13 03:32 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: Achordocaster]
Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
sixchannel Offline
Expert

Loc: WEST MIDLANDS, UK
Hi Floyd
you've been busy too!
Yeah - a fine "pop" song". Its one of those wonderful '4 chord trick' songs but with your writing skills and the phrasing, it lifts out of what might be ordinary up to a much higher level. With Brent guitar in there it kinda reminded me of The Carpenters "Mr Postman".
I can hear what Greg means. There are features like that in most, if not all of mine and I guess I could re-gen all day to get just the right "take" but life's too short AND the sun is shining. (well - today it is anyway).
Top Class, Floyd.
cheers
ian

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp

SOUNDCLOUD UPDATED - tracks that were made entirely using BIAB -
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel

#201008 - 04/17/13 07:30 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: sixchannel]
Loc: Karlsruhe, Germany
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Floyd,

outstanding lyrics, beautiful voice and the
beloved Biabettes.
That poppy coating suits you well.
Enjoyed listening as always.
That sax fits in well, but Greg is right with the guitar.
Brent is a little tricky sometimes.

Guenter

#201009 - 04/17/13 09:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: boehm]
Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Steve Young Offline
Expert

Loc: Canyon Lake, TX
Hi Floyd,

This is really excellent! But I would not expect any less from you! As usual, you have come up with some really good lyrics, well expressed in your singing. And you can call it pop if you want to, but I'll still say it's got a good country feel to it.

I agree about the guitar, but it's not a deal killer.

Very nice.

Steve

#201010 - 04/18/13 03:29 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: Steve Young]
Loc: Kentucky
PgFantastic Offline
Veteran

Loc: Kentucky
Brilliant work! Outstanding production as well as songwriting! Thanks for sharing!

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.

#201011 - 04/18/13 04:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: PgFantastic]
Phil Babylon Offline
Apprentice

Hi,
Nice feel to this.
I like the pacing of the vocal. The mix is good. Do I hear the guitar off notes. Well, sort of, but I think it doesn't detract that much from the overall song.

Great work.

#201012 - 04/18/13 09:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: Phil Babylon]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Pop? It seems like all the genres have become such big tents that I'm about at the point of taking a binary approach, i.e., it's good or bad music. And this tune certainly falls in the good camp. I dunno if you have a file cabinet with a zillion good songs or if you crank them out when needed but, whatever, the output is incredibly impressive. The vocals, the lyrics, the melody, the mix and the effects all work very well for us and sound fine on my studio monitors. The tenor sax is a nice touch and fits right in. I experimented around with that RealTrack on a "cover song" and it is quite expressive. Your variant (generation) is perfect for the song.

#201013 - 04/18/13 11:08 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: Janice & Bud]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

Still has a country edge to me and that's a good thing. Well crafted.

#201014 - 04/18/13 11:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
Loc: Montana, USA
trapper456 Offline
Journeyman

Loc: Montana, USA

Hey Floyd that is another excellent one. You never seem to surprise me. I love it keep it up. I was just offered my radio job back at the radio station that I used to work at. Would it be alright to play your song's on the radio? The radio station has gone national. I get to play any music that I want to. As long as it has a copyright. I would also ask you are you affiliated with any of the performing rights organizations? The reason that I ask this, is because if I play your music you would get paid performance rights for playing it on the air. Let me know! You can email me at rapidgeon9@bmi.net hope to hear from you soon.

#201015 - 04/18/13 12:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: trapper456]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Before I get to anything else....

I have regened the guitar solo/outro and replaced the song. If anyone who "mentioned to bad notes" listens again... I would appreciate knowing if I "got it fixed"...

#201016 - 04/18/13 12:24 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
boehm Offline
Veteran

Hi Floyd,

for me it sounds perfect now.

Guenter

#201017 - 04/18/13 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Ian F - thanks for the listen. and, again, welcome to the forum.

ROG - appreciate the thoughts. thanks.

Greg - thanks for bringing that to my attention. I've re-done that part of the solo. It actually might have been a couple of notes from one of the rhythm guitar tracks. I noticed them when I was re-doing the solo - and turned that track off at that point. If you happen by again, let me know if it's fixed...

#201018 - 04/18/13 12:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Ian (6C) - Always appreciate your comments...

Guenter - Thank you - you're always so good about giving the BIABettes their due...

Steve - It is always nice to hear good things from you...

Robert - thank you for the kind words.

Phil - Thanks for the listen.

#201019 - 04/18/13 12:59 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Bud - thanks - always good to know it sounds ok on the KRKs.

Josie - thanks for that. appreciate it.

trapper - go right ahead... queue 'em up...

#201020 - 04/18/13 01:01 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Guenter - Just noticed... thanks for the re-listen. I'm pretty sure it was actually coming from the rhythm guitar track... but as long as it's fixed, we'll let whoever it was slide just this once....

floyd

#201021 - 04/18/13 02:31 PM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: floyd jane]
Achordocaster Offline
Journeyman

Hey Floyd,

It's all good now!

Greg

#201022 - 04/19/13 06:19 AM [User Showcase] Re: A Face In The Crowd [Re: Achordocaster]
90 dB Offline
Veteran

Well done Floyd - another good one.

Regards,

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Band-in-a-Box® - My New Favorite Thing

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We encourage you to share your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we LOVE getting feedback!

Like the latest post from Tangmo:

My New Favorite Thing - Extra Style PAK #9 with Loop Pack #2

I set up an eight bar progression with some simple pushes, shots, holds, and rests for reference. Then I started auditioning styles--Three hours later, I am invigorated, inspired, and just plain smiling big. Really CHOICE! From "down to earth" to eclectic, this is a really fun pak.

Great job, folks!

Thanks Tangmo!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32605 Members
68 Forums
65525 Topics
555557 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
SwingBand, Gretsch6120SH, momoko12, LeadLady, damefame76