Loc: Ontario, Canada
Latest from Christiane and myself: Take it easy on me

The band:
Drums: BluesRock12/8
Bass: 564
Organ: 2734
Piano/vocals/lyrics: Chris Spruit
Guitars: Dave Bell

Take it easy on me (Christiane Spruit, 2017)

1 Verse
Close to the edge
when the bad times come to crash
I am tapping at the mask
plead for guilty, may I ask
Do I have to change the frame
change the rules in a running game
but I know it ain't the same
well, it is hard for me to claim

Chorus
Take it easy on me
Love don't treat me bad, this way
Can you call out my real name?
But I know it ain't the same
Take it easy on me
When I do not act decently
some times begging some times steal
Take it easy on me

2 Verse
I do fall that easily
feeling cold in the burning heat
and the taste seems bittersweet
close the door I trick and treat
Do I have to take the blame
making rules I can't explain
being a pawn in a waiting game

Chorus
Take it easy on me
Love don't treat me bad, this way
Can you call out my real name?
But I know it ain't the same
Take it easy on me
When I do not act decently
some times begging some times steal
Leave a fortune, spin the wheel

Comments as always are welcome! Still tweaking the mix a little, once it's done I'll upload over on soundcloud.

P.S. I should mention that I used neutron on this song for the first time. It did a great job of fixing up a problem I had with the B3 masking out the bass. Great piece of software!

Soundcloud link: https://soundcloud.com/blue-attitude/take-it-easy-on-me-featuring-chris-spruit

Edited by BlueAttitude (08/24/17 05:26 AM)
Edit Reason: added soundcloud link

Blue Attitude Website

#427051 - 08/22/17 06:01 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Florida
tommyad Offline
Veteran

Oh Yeah! Long Live the Blues! I always love these minor chord based blues. Chris, great vocal, lyrics and piano solo. Dave, super guitar solo and the mix sounds really good with zero mud. Neutron works wonders. I am using it on most tracks now. You two have a good thing goin. Nicely done, Tom

#427096 - 08/22/17 08:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

I am with Tom on this one. What a cool blues tune. Vocals were awesome. Guitar was super. Loved the piano too...

#427111 - 08/22/17 09:16 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Robertkc Online   content
Veteran

Dave & Chris,

This has a great slow burn feeling.It might be the best vocal performance I`ve heard by Chris and that guitar solo is well worth the wait. As Tom says, you are quite the team.

Robert

#427181 - 08/22/17 06:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Dave what are you using for guitars and effects.

#427188 - 08/22/17 09:41 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: tommyad]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Originally Posted By: tommyad
Oh Yeah! Long Live the Blues! I always love these minor chord based blues. Chris, great vocal, lyrics and piano solo. Dave, super guitar solo and the mix sounds really good with zero mud. Neutron works wonders. I am using it on most tracks now. You two have a good thing goin. Nicely done, Tom

Tom summed this up quite nicely. There's a certain "magic" sound to a minor blues. It just draws you in and you can't escape it. And this fabulous song does just that. Loved the raunchy lead guitar! Super song and delivery.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#427199 - 08/23/17 12:30 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Dave & Chris

Top quality blues - great vocal and very nice piano solo.
Of course I enjoyed the searing guitar solo!

Peter

#427203 - 08/23/17 12:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great powerful blues ballad.
Nicely done.
Rob

#427219 - 08/23/17 05:42 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: tommyad]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Thanks, Tom smile
Yes, we have lots of fun working on these songs together. This one makes 21 songs we have done!

Blue Attitude Website

#427220 - 08/23/17 05:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Robertkc]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave & Chris,

This has a great slow burn feeling.It might be the best vocal performance I`ve heard by Chris and that guitar solo is well worth the wait. As Tom says, you are quite the team.

Robert

Thanks for the listen and the kind words Robert, I appreciate it!

Blue Attitude Website

#427222 - 08/23/17 05:53 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Scott C]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Dave what are you using for guitars and effects.

Scott, for the last few months I've been using the Shuffham S-Gear amp simulator. It was Tom Adams that turned me onto using it, and in my opinion it is the best one out there.

On the guitar panned left I'm using tremolo (part of S-Gear) and I'm controlling it via an automation track within my DAW (reaper).

The lead guitar is also going though waves CLA guitars plugin, bought it on sale a few weeks ago. I'm using that to add reverb and delay mostly.

I used a strat for all the guitar tracks.

Blue Attitude Website

#427237 - 08/23/17 06:41 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Great vocals here. Very nice song. It has a very vintage vibe to it yet edgy and modern at the same time. The guitar solo is superb as well.

www.sammycountry.com

#427243 - 08/23/17 07:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

What a tune! Very interesting panning going on here. The thing I found the most gripped was those vocals! They are hauntingly beautiful, and really have a unique, sincere quality to them.

All in all, a wonderful tune! Sort of reminds me of a post-modern Pat Benatar. You really feel this one in your soul smile Great job, BlueAttitude!

Edited by Deryk - PG Music (08/23/17 07:28 AM)

#427246 - 08/23/17 07:36 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Pat Marr Offline
Veteran

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
good job all around! I enjoyed the listen!

I love all the cool stuff that BIAB can do, but I especially like it when people use it to build a background for their own performance, and that's what you've done here!

#427256 - 08/23/17 08:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Love the feel and groove, super mix

great guitar riffs, strong vocals

cool song

enjoyed

Kenny

#427298 - 08/23/17 02:02 PM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: BlueAttitude]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
"I do fall that easily
feeling cold in the burning heat
and the taste seems bittersweet
close the door I trick and treat
Do I have to take the blame
making rules I can't explain
being a pawn in a waiting game"

It's hard to choose our favorite lines but the above will do. This is one of the rare tunes where everything is supportive and nothing just carried along by the stronger elements. The vocal and guitar performances don't let your attention stray for a moment. The production quality is top tier.

The song just soars and soars.....

Well done!

J&B

#427363 - 08/24/17 04:13 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Al-David]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David

Tom summed this up quite nicely. There's a certain "magic" sound to a minor blues. It just draws you in and you can't escape it. And this fabulous song does just that. Loved the raunchy lead guitar! Super song and delivery.

Alan

Thanks for the listen and comments Alan, I appreciate it!

Blue Attitude Website

#427364 - 08/24/17 04:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: PeterF]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Dave & Chris

Top quality blues - great vocal and very nice piano solo.
Of course I enjoyed the searing guitar solo!

Peter

Peter, happy you liked the solo! That was actually a one take placeholder so Chris would know where it was when I sent her the bed. My intent was to replace it, but decided I liked the feel of it.

Blue Attitude Website

#427466 - 08/25/17 03:37 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Rob4580]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Great powerful blues ballad.
Nicely done.
Rob

Thanks for the listen and comment, I appreciate it!

Blue Attitude Website

#427467 - 08/25/17 03:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: Take it easy [Re: Samuel Davis]
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Samuel Davis
Great vocals here. Very nice song. It has a very vintage vibe to it yet edgy and modern at the same time. The guitar solo is superb as well.

Thanks Samuel!

Blue Attitude Website

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Add-ons Special EXTENDED! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

DAW Plugin FAQs Resource!

We've added a new Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin for Mac FAQ to our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum - make sure you check it out!

This is where we'll be sharing any solutions we discover for frequent problems reported while working through our DAW Plugin tech support.

Like this post from Andrew: StylePicker does not see my styles and RealTracks, or they are showing as N/A.
Click here for the solution.

Windows user? Click here for your forum links.

Add-ons Special Almost Over! Xtra Styles PAK 9 & Loops-with-Style PAK 2...

There's still time to SAVE when you SUPERCHARGE your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition with 200 new RealStyles with Xtra Styles PAK 9, and 100 NEW Loops & 50 NEW Styles with Loops-with-Style PAK 2!!

We've EXTENDED our special until JULY 15TH!

Xtra Styles PAK 9 includes deep-south New Orleans gospel, a country soul groove, a psychedelic pop ballad, action-sequence cinematic metal, a Cajun jaw harp boogie, post-punk folk rock, quarter-feel jazz blues, several modern jazz styles, a modern Celtic folk reel, multiple 6/8 grooves, and so much more! There's a MultiStyle in every genre, and our biggest MultiStyle has a total of ten substyles! Add it to your collection today for just $29 (reg. $49)!

Loops-with-Style PAK 2 includes 50 new Styles & 100 new Loops to add to your Band-in-a-Box® collection! There are two new genres: gospel and funk, and we've added to the selection for electronic, hip hop, jazz, pop, R&B, rock, and world! Purchase Loops-with-Style PAK 2 on sale for only $19 (reg. $29)!

Already have a few of our Xtra Styles PAKs? Top up now - each of our 9 Xtra Styles PAKs are just $29 (reg. $49)! Don't have any, and want them ALL? Grab all during our sale for just $199 (reg. $349)!

Learn more about Xtra Styles PAKs for Band-in-a-Box and listen to demos here.

More information on Loops-with-Style PAKs can be found here.

Mac user? Click here for OS specific purchase links.

An Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is Here!

The latest Band-in-a-Box 2020 update announcement is HUGE!

With this updated version, easily find your (purchased) Xtra Styles PAK 9 RealStyles in the updated StylePicker window, [ctrl] and [shift] shortcut keys will allow you to open your RealDrums picker and preferences windows with one 'click', there are improvements to Bar Based Lyric entry, stable playback of style demos, the UPDATED DAW Plugin is included, and more!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more!

We've made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Watch it...

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac b412 and download here.

Updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 and VST DAW Plugin for Windows!

Did you see the latest build update announcement for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows?

It’s PACKED with powerful updates, including additional RealCharts, improved RealStyles demos, language support, and significant additions and improvements to the DAW Plugin!

The updated DAW Plugin 2.9.41 adds additional and redesigned action buttons, refined DAW syncing, Chord Sheet enhancements, improvements to MultiRiffs, RealTracks, RealDrums, and MIDI features, and so much more! In fact, we’ve made a video that highlights all the changes to the DAW Plugin with build 2.9.41: Click here to check it out.

Learn more about the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 b724 for Windows and download it here.

#TipTuesday Band-in-a-Box® Online Manuals - An Excellent Resource!

The Band-in-a-Box® program manuals are available on our Support page - what an excellent online resource to help you get the most out of the program!

Head to our Support | Online Manuals page and you'll have access to both a PDF and an online program manual for Band-in-a-Box® 2018-2020 and RealBand 2018-2020!

Bookmark www.pgmusic.com/manuals/ today!

Review - Xtra Styles PAK 9 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

Remember that wonderful review of Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac we received last month from "Dr. Dave" Walker, Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac … WOW!?

Well, Dr. Dave is at it again! He's had a chance to work with the newest Xtra Styles PAK 9, and shares his thoughts in his recent Xtra Styles PAK 9 for Band-in-a-Box 2020 – Worth It? post at Dr. Dave On Music - make sure you check it out!

Sneak peak...
...PG Music has gone deeper into several styles, using more or fewer instruments, adding unexpected ones, and giving some surprising make-overs. Others are more focused versions of particular styles with more extreme attention to the best of that genre. Other ones combine styles that sound great, such as adding a banjo to a rock or blues track, or a jazz sax to a folk style. There are many wonderful combinations to try out that will expand any songwriter or arranger’s palette. These are the things that make certain songs stand out, and experimenting with them is not just fun (a lot of fun!) but it will expand your horizons on what is possible and even excellent. For instance, my light jazz arrangement worked very well as a country song, which floored me, and also as a folk-alt-jazz fusion. One sax solo was worth the price of admission alone, as it sounds terrific in any of the arrangements.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Again we say, "Thank you for the review Dr. Dave!" - we really enjoyed reading this enthusiastic review!

Forum Stats
32427 Members
68 Forums
65029 Topics
550952 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
bohne, Misha, Gladys2020, jackpark, FAB

32426 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
VideoTrack 172
Jim Fogle 151