You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#430351 - 09/19/17 02:34 PM [User Showcase] Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

This may be my last song for a little while, dunno, have two albums worth of stuff to put out and don't need any more songs right now. But that could change in ten minutes.

https://soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel/freeway

Here are some fun facts on this song and why I call it a Tribute to Band in a Box.

1.) I managed to get the words “Band in a Box” into a rhyme scheme.

2.) Unless I am missing something, I think I may have just immortalized the words “Band in a Box” in a rock song. smile

3.) I wrote this using a rinky dink notebook with BIAB 2015 and some user tracks with no electricity at night in the middle of nowhere in Lassen Volcanic State Park in Northern California in the dark with a headlamp. User tracks let you take your own band anywhere with no electricity. Even a dark wilderness beach. Gnarly Brah.

4.) Tom Petty says he wrote Free Fallin’ just to make Jeff Lynne laugh. I wrote this just to make you people laugh. Hope it works. A video is next. It will be killer, trust me.

Be excellent to one another.

Freeway

By David Snyder

Where I’m driving
It’s nobody’s business
I’m on the freeway
And I’m driving alone
Heading out of
North Sacramento
Every mile of this world is my own

PreChorus

And the sun is shining on my face
And I’m dreamin’ ‘bout you baby
But I had to leave this world
Cause I got some things to do

CH:

On the Freeway
That’s where I’m driving
On the Freeway
This world is my own
On the Freeway
At least I’m surviving
On the Freeway
Might not ever go home

V2

Looking for a place
Where I can feel worthy
Looking for a band
That knows how to rock
Taking with me
A lifetime of memories
Taking with me
My band in a box

PreChorus

And the sun is shining on my face
And I’m praying for you baby
But I had to cut these ties
Cause I got some things to do

CH

On the Freeway
That’s where I’m driving
On the Freeway
This world is my own
On the Freeway
At least I’m surviving
On the Freeway
Might not ever go home

V2 Reprise

Looking for a place
Where I can feel worthy
Looking for a band
That knows how to rock
Taking with me
A lifetime of memories
Taking with me
My band in a box

CH

On the Freeway
That’s where I’m driving
On the Freeway
This world is my own
On the Freeway
At least I’m surviving
On the Freeway
Might not ever get home

Rideout:

Keep on driving
Keep on striving
Keep the faith
Yeah keep surviving

Keep on driving
Keep on striving
Keep the faith
Keep surviving

On the Freeway
On the Freeway
On the Freeway
On the Freeway

All music and lyrics copyright 2017 by David Snyder, ASCAP/Day of Faith Records

David Snyder: Lead and backing vocals, 12 String Guitars (4 parts), Fender Telecaster (3 parts), keyboards, synthesizers and electronic drums. Mixed and engineered by David Snyder.

Real Tracks:

RealTracks in style: ~1636:Bass, Electric, JazzFunkBreezy Ev16 075
RealDrums in style: FunkyCountryPop [Multi]
[b][/b]

Attachments
Freeway Lyrics Art.jpg

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#430359 - 09/19/17 04:04 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
Great lyrics, David! I definitely think you achieved what you set out to do. Also super cool to see your notes! :P

Promise that if you stay on that freeway of yours and never go home that you will continue to toss music our way! laugh Can't wait for the next, even if this is your last for the next while ( or ten minutes! ).

#430361 - 09/19/17 05:05 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Robertkc Offline
Veteran

David,
You put some California into this and those 12 strings sound great!
I really like the road vision quality of the lyrics... and your vocal has that happy "Free Falling" feel to it.
Sorry, I`m not laughing just singing along,cos this is a good song... though the picture of you scribbling away in the dark near a volcano does give me hope for that video.

Robert

#430369 - 09/19/17 06:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Great Job David! I have utmost confidence you won't disappear for long! You have too much creativity alive in you to let it sit idle for very long and that's a fact! Torrey

#430371 - 09/19/17 06:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Sundance Offline
Veteran

David, i think music just naturally oozes out of your pores man! What a cool driving song. It put my imagination right on the highway with you and the band in a box rhyme fit right in there. Great sound and I totally enjoyed the ride!

#430378 - 09/19/17 07:45 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: North Carolina, USA
DaveBrooksMusic Offline
Journeyman

Loc: North Carolina, USA
What's Up Mr. Dave?

Thank you this wonderful Time Machine!!! "Freeway" took me back to a time when I was young and enraptured by the Beatles and the British Invasion. Back home we had Roger McGuinn and the Byrds (Hey Mr. Tamborine Man). I'm sure you've heard this before, but I swear I was listening to him (McGuinn)! I loved the Byrds and McGuinn and his Rickenbacker ringing like a bell on a foggy night!! Then along came Jimi Hendrix and spoiled everything for me!!! LOL! The BIAB reference was smooth. That 12 string resurrected a few dead Hippies! I felt like I was riding in the passenger seat with the top down. What a great ride and reminder of where we came from!!!

Don't stop now, I'm liking the view!!!! =D

HP Pavilion p6-2330; 1T; GB: 22; AMD Processor; Focusrite Scarlett Solo; Line mixer: Seismic Landsland-12p; DAW's: BIAB, Pro Tools 2018.8.1 HD; Wave Pad Sound Editor.

#430385 - 09/19/17 09:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great one David, I really enjoyed this.
Rob

#430389 - 09/20/17 02:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Ontario, Canada
BlueAttitude Offline
Veteran

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Awesome! (a very overused word, but it always fits when talking about your music smile Loved it!

Blue Attitude Website

#430406 - 09/20/17 07:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Florida
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

Loc: Florida
David,

Don't be gone long, dude.

Your music has a real freedom to it. The way Neil Young has always had. Like there is no way to keep it locked up. (who let him out!?!?)

A great listen. Really well put together. Art.

fj

#430418 - 09/20/17 08:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
David this is such a cool tune. Loved the guitars . The jangle had a hint of Byrds or Tom Petty. Very cool sound. I really appreciate you posting the lyrics and the notes. I make of point now of reading the lyrics to the tunes before I listen to the songs. These are so well done.. Really appreciating what an art it is to put this words together in such a cool way. There are some serious wordsmiths in this forum. Excellent vocal as well..

#430419 - 09/20/17 08:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great work on this, David smile I'm definitely getting a Tom Petty sorta vibe on this one - a good thing in my books! Overall, this is just a well written song. The arrangement is on point, it's the perfect amount of catchiness, and the mix is well done too.

Thanks so much for sharing!

#430492 - 09/21/17 03:17 AM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
hey David,

I listened to this a couple of days ago but didn't get a chance to comment - we had a family emergency. I like the way you just let it all fly wherever you want it to and then you harness it and end up with some really cool - like this.

The 12 strings give me a slight feel of the British Invasion but much more contemporary.

You're just way too cool with your music. Don't be gone too long. You'll be missed! Wishing you the very best in your absence.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#430600 - 09/21/17 05:15 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I get a Tom Petty feeling here and that is a compliment! This has everything; perfect backing tracks (love that 12 string), super vocals and lyrics. This may be your best to date.

Another David keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB and RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software and some hardware.

#430622 - 09/21/17 06:39 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
Yeah, that'll change in 10 minutes ;-)
but I have to say this sounds really cool! Since I'm a big Tom Petty fan this really hits the spot for me.

Rob

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#430624 - 09/21/17 06:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: Torrey Bliss]
Loc: Middletown, PA.
44kfl Offline
Veteran

Loc: Middletown, PA.
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
Great Job David! I have utmost confidence you won't disappear for long! You have too much creativity alive in you to let it sit idle for very long and that's a fact! Torrey

yes, what Torrey said...

enjoyed this very much,

Kenny

#430652 - 09/21/17 10:23 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: 44kfl]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Originally Posted By: 44kfl
Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss

yes, what Torrey said...

enjoyed this very much,

Kenny

David
What Kenny & Torrey said...

Peter

#430659 - 09/21/17 11:17 PM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: David Snyder]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Online   content
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, David

Very cool folk rock song!
As Robert said, you put some California into this and those 12 string guitar sound great!
It reminds me of The Byrds a little bit.
Nice melody and chord progression!
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#430720 - 09/22/17 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: Ember - PG Music]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Ember! Band in a Box has made me too prolific so I need to chill for a bit and re-master about 24 songs for album releases.

Your product is too good.

smile

I will try and be back as soon as I can.

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#430721 - 09/22/17 11:10 AM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: Robertkc]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Robert!!! I am glad you liked it! Working on the video now!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com

#430722 - 09/22/17 11:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Freeway_A Tribute to Band in a Box [Re: Torrey Bliss]
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Thanks Torrey! I have an avalanche of stuff to master right now dude but I will try and get back!!

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac Patch Updates Ready! (2019 & 2020)

We've JUST released FREE Updates for existing Band-in-a-Box® for Mac 2019 and 2020 program users!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Update - Build 407
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Update - Build 323

What do these include?

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Update - Build 407: (get it here)
Fixed: RealDrums Quick List was empty if launched from main toolbar.
Improved: Bootup time is faster.
Fixed: It is not possible to type ^ (caret symbol for pushes) in chordsheet if using an Italian keyboard layout.
Fixed: Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
Fixed: Buttons in Custom toolbar are not draggable.
Fixed: The time signature button on the main toolbar did not do anything.
Fixed: A maximum of 1990 MIDI events are loaded from a song file into the Melody or Soloist track.
Fixed: RealDrums Quick List menu item did not do anything.
Fixed: Find a Sub for RealDrums menu item did not do anything.
Fixed: Various problems with localized versions.
Fixed: Some style demos for the newest RealTracks would not play.
Fixed: Song title will be changed to ? when re-saving if it previously contained international characters like é or ©.

DAW Plugin 2.5.18
Fixed: "Open Recent" opened file chooser dialog
Fixed: Unfold feature not working with some songs
Fixed: Choruses not resetting when playback is stopped in DAW
Fixed: Chord superscripts
Fixed: Clicking zoom many times will crash standalone plugin
Fixed: Undo removes all chords after opening a song
Fixed: Buzzing sound in Studio One
Fixed: Plugin determining chord accidentals now matches main program
Fixed: Removed alert menu when sync playing tracks that are not up-to-date (generated).
Fixed: Cancelling generate made song lose "dirty" state
Fixed: All selected tracks should drag from the plugin
Fixed: Shortcut file feature not working always working. Support was also added for pgshortc.txt files
Fixed: Double clicking grey area in chord sheet started playback
Fixed: Bar highlighting skipped last chorus when the start bar is greater than 1
Fixed: Right-click on bar should first launch popup menu
Fixed: Double clicking anywhere on a track should open its picker
Added: About to File Menu
Added: "year" to plugin name
Fixed: remove sync tempo button if already synced
Fixed: improve 2 finger scroll (too fast)

Summary of changes for Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Update - Build 323: (get it here)
Fixed: Bootup time is faster.
Fixed: It is not possible to type ^ (caret symbol for pushes) in chordsheet if using an Italian keyboard layout.
Fixed: Opening songs from older versions might misinterpret song title as ?.
Fixed: The time signature button on the main toolbar did not do anything.
Fixed: A maximum of 1990 MIDI events are loaded from a song file into the Melody or Soloist track.
Fixed: Various problems with localized versions.

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® 2017

Three years ago we were just rounding up our BETA testers to help finish up the testing of our Band-in-a-Box® 2017 for Mac!

With that version, we redesigned the main screen GUI, added support for popular .SFZ sound format as well as PG Music’s Hi-Q sounds (sforzando SFZ Synth.), added Natural Arrangements options and Hi-Q Guitar RealCharts, applied many, many, many enhancements to the existing powerful program features, and more! Read all about Band-in-a-Box® 2017 here.

Now, three years later, we're thrilled to say that we're already done BETA testing, and weeks into the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac release! Of course, that means we're having a SALE on Upgrade packages, but only until April 30th!

Band-in-a-Box® - Trombone RealTracks!

Happy National Trombone Players Day!

To all the trombone players out there - this is a day to celebrate you (no joke...)! Not a trombone player? Good news - if you have the Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK, UltraPAK+ or Audiophile Edition, you have a two AMAZING trombone players in your band already!

Dennis Esson:
RealTracks Set 144: Dixieland – Fast Soloists
RealTracks Set 178: Dixieland - Medium Soloists

Ian McDougall:
RealTracks Set 13: Older Jazz Swing Soloists
RealTracks Set 15: Mainstream Swing
RealTracks Set 17: Bossa
RealTracks Set 19: Jazz Ballad

Welcome to the Team David!

We are thrilled to say that we've added David to our Customer Service Team here at PG Music!

You may have already noticed him - he's already made his appearance here on the Forums, chiming in with assistance and User Showcase Song Feedback.

Welcome to the team David!

Updated Song Titles Browser in Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

If you're looking for a Band-in-a-Box® Style in the feel of a familiar/popular song title, then the Song Titles Browser option in the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker is the perfect feature for you!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we’ve added 3,400 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now 14,000 titles to search from!

Just type in a familiar song title or artist name - once you have found the song, press the [OK - Find Matching Styles] button. This will take you to the StylePicker window with styles that best match the tempo, feel, and genre of the selected song title.

Didn't find the song you were searching for? Post your title request to our Wishlist forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box Titles database - we think that the 3,400 new titles added with Version 2020 is proof that we're paying attention!

Learn more about the different features of the Band-in-a-Box® StylePicker here.

SongPicker Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker has been enhanced with our newest 2020 version!

The SongPicker now builds faster for large song lists (>30K and up to 60,000 songs). The [Song] button (or the [Open] button) now has 3 additional menu items to launch the SongPicker.

- Open SongPicker in Current Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the current folder of the last loaded song.
- Open SongPicker in Home Folder: This opens the SongPicker in the home folder, which is Applications/Band-in-a-Box/MySongs or as set in the SongPicker.
- Open SongPicker in Favorite Folder: This launches the Favorite Folder dialog which allows you to choose any previously used folder where a song was loaded from, and then open the SongPicker in that folder.

In the SongPicker, there is a new “Open in Home” option. If this is enabled, the SongPicker will always open in the home folder instead of the current folder when you press the default [Song] button to open the SongPicker.

Searching for songs matching a chord progression or melody has been enhanced. There are three new checkboxes: "Key must match exactly," "Chord Extension must match exactly", and "Time Signature must match."

Click here to jump to the SongPicker subject in our New Features video to learn more. (32:11)

(read more about this feature in our Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac Online Upgrade Manual.)

We Have a $0 Down Easy Payment Plan!

Did you know... you don't have to pay for your Band-in-a-Box® (or other PG Music Inc. products) purchase right away? We offer an Easy Payment Plan! With our $0 down payment option, purchase today and don't pay for 30 days! The total of your invoice will be split equally, and charged every 30 days for 4 months after the initial purchase date. You can enjoy your software, with four convenient monthly payments for Visa, MasterCard, and American Express, with no added interest charges or service fees!

To choose this option, add your purchase to the Shopping Cart, and begin the checkout process. Step 3 of this process allows you to choose between:
[]Pay full amount now.
[]Easy Payment Plan. Pay $0 now, and four monthly payments, starting one month from now.

If you choose the Easy Payment Plan, simply agree to the RECURRING BILLING / EASY PAYMENT PLAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS and your order will be processed right away! That's right - choosing this payment option won't delay you receiving your order - even if you choose to have your order shipped, you'll still have the download links available to you - there's no need to wait!

Forum Stats
31573 Members
65 Forums
63326 Topics
535939 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Gregm, Chromatic, DHLucas, howieman56, papalopp

31573 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 211
Matt Finley 186