You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#432924 - 10/09/17 08:25 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
Love it! Crusaders, Spyro Gyra, Shakatak? A nice female vocal perhaps? Great production.

Edited by lambada (10/09/17 08:25 PM)
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 2, Nova, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#432928 - 10/09/17 10:27 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: lambada]
Loc: Alabama, USA
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: lambada
Love it! Crusaders, Spyro Gyra, Shakatak? A nice female vocal perhaps? Great production.

Thanks for the listen and nice comments. I've not yet decided what I want to do with it. I'm loving the Spyro Gyra comments! Even if I add a vocal or lead instrumental track, I'm still gonna keep this musical bed. There are frequent calls from film & TV folks for these kind of tracks. Appreciate the suggestions and nice words.

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#433017 - 10/10/17 02:58 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Scott C]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool reminds me of the theme songs from Kojak or Shaft especially with the wah

Exactly!

Very cool and, man, the mix was spot on.

J&B
J&B Website

#433033 - 10/10/17 06:21 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Janice & Bud]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Very cool reminds me of the theme songs from Kojak or Shaft especially with the wah

Exactly!

Very cool and, man, the mix was spot on.

J&B

Hey guys ... thanks so much. That's pretty much the sound I was going for. I'm glad it came through as such,. Thanks again!

ALan

#433058 - 10/11/17 06:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Al-David]
Loc: North Carolina
David Snyder Offline
Veteran

Loc: North Carolina
Alan,

This is cool. All it needs is some Barry White vocals.

By the way, how many songs a minute can you write???

smile

www.davidsnydermusic.com
www.reverbnation.com/davidpsnyder
www.soundcloud.com/davidsnyderchannel
www.songtradr.com/user/profile/david.snyder

#433114 - 10/11/17 04:09 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: David Snyder]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder
Alan,

This is cool. All it needs is some Barry White vocals.

By the way, how many songs a minute can you write???

smile

Thanks David,

Just last night, SDi asked me if I thought I could do a Barry White-type vocal for this!!! Good minds thinking in unison! Actually, I got a vocal goody from FedEx a couple fo hours ago - A TC Helicon vocal processor - the Voice Live edition. Looking forward to playing around with it tomorrow. In fact, it specifically has a Barry White setting on it to help enrich your voice in that direction. We'll see! For $2560.00, it had better do something to make my voice sound a little more listenable!

After I lay around with it and figure our some of the options and effects, I'll record a song pr two and post them. We'll see how it goes.

Glad you liked this. Thanks for letting me know!

Alan

PS: To answer your last question ... I can do two a day with no problem. Since I don't do the "Big Sound" thing like you, Torrey and few others do, I don't need as much time. Right now, I have over a dozen songs ready to go! I;ve written all of thenm over the past two weeks.

Edited by Al-David (10/11/17 04:12 PM)

#433198 - 10/12/17 01:57 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
Isaac Hayes is back and he brought Spyro Gyra with him!

This is a great 70's cop/spy movie track. Excellent work on this brilliant production.

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

#433202 - 10/12/17 02:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: MarioD]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: MarioD
Isaac Hayes is back and he brought Spyro Gyra with him!

This is a great 70's cop/spy movie track. Excellent work on this brilliant production.

This is a keeper.

Hey Mario,

You're much too kind. But that's okay!~ Thank you so much for those kind words. Sure do appreciate them!

Alan

#433421 - 10/14/17 01:44 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Al-David]
Loc: The Netherlands
RnAM Offline
Veteran

Loc: The Netherlands
You're forgiven Al wink
Well we sure can hear where your musical roots come from:
Starsky and Hutch, Baretta, Charlie's Angels, we could go on....

But you sure master the skill to make this sound really 70s authentic!

Rob and Anne-Marie

RnAM Homepage (completely restyled)
YouTube Channel

#433738 - 10/16/17 11:31 AM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: lambada]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Originally Posted By: lambada

That is the vibe I heard!! Very nice. I'm going to have to play with those RTs. I'm guessing that's Jeff Lorber on the keys-love that EP!! Thanks for posting! Take care. Greg

#433846 - 10/16/17 11:13 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Aichi, Japan
animarorecords Offline
Expert

Loc: Aichi, Japan
Hello, Alan

Very nice TV movie soundtrack!
Rhodes piano and woh woh guitar are really nice.
A little melody is pleasant in this case.
The chord progression and the syncopations of woh woh guitar are very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

#433880 - 10/17/17 04:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: animarorecords]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: animarorecords
Hello, Alan

Very nice TV movie soundtrack!
Rhodes piano and woh woh guitar are really nice.
A little melody is pleasant in this case.
The chord progression and the syncopations of woh woh guitar are very nice.
Enjoyed my listen a lot.

Best regards.

Shigeki Adachi

Thank you, Shigeki! Glad you liked it!!!

#436871 - 11/06/17 07:34 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Al-David]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
Hi Al,

I love the sound of this composition. The style sits incredibly comfortably with you... very classy.

After listening to your and Di's outstanding music on here for some time now, I once again find myself marvelling at your diversity. Whatever genre you choose to work in, you do it with excellence. One of the things that I love about BIAB is that it makes 'genre hopping' really easy. So many times on this forum, you two show us how it's done.

Best wishes to you both,
Noel

#436885 - 11/06/17 10:38 PM [User Showcase] Re: E-Z Funk [Re: Noel96]
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
Hi Al,

I love the sound of this composition. The style sits incredibly comfortably with you... very classy.

After listening to your and Di's outstanding music on here for some time now, I once again find myself marvelling at your diversity. Whatever genre you choose to work in, you do it with excellence. One of the things that I love about BIAB is that it makes 'genre hopping' really easy. So many times on this forum, you two show us how it's done.

Best wishes to you both,
Noel

Hi Again, Noel.

Thank you very much for the really wonderful comments. This is a genre that just come to me without a second thought. What I've always liked about RnB is it's ability to set a definite mood - probably more so than most other genres. And what makes that uncanny is the breadth of moods it can impart. Di and I are huge fans of the Do-[*****] of the 50s and early 60s and the Smooth RnB of the mid-sixties through the late-seventies.

We appreciate your comments so much! Again, thank you.

Alan & Di

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2019 on a USB 3.0 Hard Drive - Speed Thrills!

We're excited to say that all Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows UltraPAK and UltraPAK+ orders now ship on a USB 3.0 hard drive!

What does this mean? Faster hard drive transfer rates will enhance the program operations (faster time to generate tracks, reduced audio artifacts) and offer faster transfer speeds (typically up to 3x faster)!

It's a great time to order your UltraPAK or UltraPAK+ Upgrade... they're ON SALE until December 31st!

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK $469
Upgrade from Version 2018: [color:#FF0000]$149[/color] (reg: $279)
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: [color:#FF0000]$169[/color] (reg: $299)

Band-in-a-Box® UltraPAK+ $569
Upgrade from Version 2018: [color:#FF0000]$179[/color] (reg: $379)
Upgrade from Version 2017 or earlier or crossgrade: [color:#FF0000]$199[/color] (reg: $399)
Note: The difference between the UltraPAK and the UltraPAK+ is that the MIDI Songs & Lessons PAK is included in the UltraPAK+ package.

Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows® New Features!

Our "Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows®! New Features, RealTracks, and other content!" video is now ready! Get to know all about the newest features in Band-in-a-Box® 2019: Click here to watch...

We have listed a table of contents for this video, you'll see it within the YouTube video description, or by visiting this forum post.

RealBand 2019 - A New Look!

Have you opened up your RealBand 2019 yet? You may notice that we've given it a fresh new look! In fact, there are now 3 different looks to RealBand.

See for yourself! Within the program, visit Options | Icon Set and choose from: Classic, Modern 1, or Modern 2.

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows - Choosing to Run 64-bit or 32-bit

We heard you! With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows we've included the BRAND NEW 64-bit version of Band-in-a-Box®, which works well with the latest plugins and 64-bit OS features! Because not everyone has a 64-bit computer, we include both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions with your purchase - you choose which one to use!

By default, when you install your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows the 32-bit version will run.

The steps to run the 64-bit version are simple! Just head to your "bb" folder and choose the "bbw64" icon - you'll notice that the Band-in-a-Box® "splash screen" will state "64-bit" as the program opens.
(and if you open the 32-bit version, the "splash screen" will state "32-bit")

Still not certain which version you're running? Within the program, go to Help | About Band-in-a-Box - it'll either state:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
64 bit application

or:

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2019 (604)
<--- the number in brackets is the build number - this will change as new patch updates are released
32 bit application

We hope everyone who can is enjoying their Band-in-a-Box® 2019 64-bit version for Windows!

NEW! Style-style-style Additions and Enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows!

With over 64 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box® 2019, we've made sure to add to, enhance, and update some of the Style features within the program: StylePicker, StyleMaker, and Song Titles browser within the StylePicker!

StylePicker Enhancements:
-If the style list needs rebuild, it tells you that within the StylePicker, instead of a message that requires a response.
-The rebuild is faster than before by 75%. It takes 1/4 of the time now.
-While the style list is being rebuilt, you can see the progress inside the StylePicker.
-The style list can be filtered by a specific RealTracks/RealDrums/MIDI SuperTracks or RealTracks/MIDI SuperTracks in a certain number range.
-You can filter the style list by a specific Xtra Styles PAK.
-The dialog to select an Xtra Styles PAK has a button to take you to the PG Music website that shows information about Xtra Styles PAKs.
-The StylePicker can list all styles (including N/A styles) in the default display.
-The Set number display is improved, including sort by type and Xtra styles.

StyleMaker Improvements:

-The new MIDI velocity offset allows you to make styles with altered loudness for MIDI tracks.
-Styles can be saved with information like a memo, examples, genres, and more, which will be displayed in the StylePicker.
-You can import information from another style. This is useful when you are making a similar style.
-A style can have a huge number of RealTracks (up to 70!) because the StyleMaker now supports RealTracks multi/medley feature, which allows a single track to have up to 10 simultaneous playing of RealTracks.

Song Titles Browser Enhancement

-We’ve added 300 more song titles including requests from users, so there are now over 10,600 titles.
-The chord density filter is available, and it’s also displayed in the memo.
-The chord complexity filter is available.

Review all the new features of Band-in-a-Box® 2019 here.

NEW! Traditional Celtic Tunes with Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you can add the 49-PAK to your order for just $49!

Among the great Add-ons included in the 49-PAK is our Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly, which includes 18 traditional Celtic tunes! You'll find beautifully performed songs like Boys of Bluehill, The Cliffs of Moher, Harvest Home, Rolling in the Rye Glass, and more!

The Celtic RealTracks backing up performances by Geoff Kelly sound amazing, and so do the duets with previous Artist Performance musician Daniel Lapp (on fiddle)! Listen to all the demos for these Artists Performances near the bottom of our Bonus PAKs page, here.

Here's a taste: Demo: Rolling in the Rye Grass

The Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Bonus PAKs!

Purchase Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows during our special (which ends December 31st), and you'll receive a FREE Bonus PAK overflowing with great Add-ons, including MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses with 6 MIDI SuperTracks, 21 RealDrums Transcriptions, 120 guitar licks and riffs in Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks, and 15 new MIDI Styles!

Or, upgrade it to the 49-PAK for just $49 and you'll add 40 UNRELEASED RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" & Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, 6 more MIDI SuperTracks with Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion, 120 more guitar licks and riffs with Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks, 15 more MIDI Styles, and Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly!

Watch the video highlighting our 49-PAK here, or listen to demos and learn more here.

Free Bonus PAK Contents:
-Look Ma! More MIDI 1
-21 RealDrums Transcriptions
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 28: Pop Basses
-Instrumental Studies 7: Brent Mason 12-key CountryPop Guitar Licks

2019 49-PAK Contents:
-40 Bonus RealTracks!
-10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks
-Artist Performance Set 9: Celtic Flute with Geoff Kelly
-Instrumental Studies 8: Brent Mason 12-key Train-Beat Licks
-Look Ma! More MIDI 2
-MIDI SuperTracks Set 29: More Organ, Piano & Accordion