You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#437873 - 11/13/17 05:37 PM [User Showcase] I Must Be Dreaming
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

I don't usually post songs this close together, but my wife and I are packing up for long trip out west. Some of the time we are in areas that don't have good or, sometimes not any, internet. I was beginning to get a backlog built up and it might be longer than usual before you hear from me. This new song is about a subject that is dear to me and my wife. We always said that when I retired we wanted to get out and see the country at our leisure. I'm not talking about vacation mode, but actually experiencing what living in a particular area would be like. This will be our sixth year on the road. Until now I haven't been able to record while on the road, but recently I have been working on downsizing my recording setup to make it possible to do just that. I hope you will like it.

I Must Be Dreaming

I Must Be Dreaming

Traveling down the highway in my new RV
The whole gulf coast spread out in front of me
I must be dreaming, I must be dreaming
but if I'm drea---ming, Lord don't let me wake up now

The interstate spreading out so far and wide
It feeds my need to roam
people I meet they ask me, Where you from?
I say. The highway is my home

Beautiful lady sitting by my side
every time I look at her my heart fills with pride
but, if I'm drea---ming, Lord don't let me wake up now

Every time I think about the kind of life we lead
It makes me higher than a Georgia pine
and if you see us coming with a smile on our face
it means we just crossed another state line
Oh, I must be dreaming

Edited by guitar1 (11/13/17 05:38 PM)

#437882 - 11/13/17 09:06 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Great Drivin' song in more ways than one.

Hope the 'Drive in the new RV' is even better than the song.

Harmonica slotted in the lead break really well.
BIAB&RB2020(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#437886 - 11/13/17 09:42 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Sydney Australia
PeterF Offline
Veteran

Loc: Sydney Australia
Gary

Nice relaxed and catchy blues number. Very evocative.
Enjoy your travels.

Peter

#437892 - 11/13/17 11:52 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Al-David Offline
Veteran

Loc: Originally Missouri ... Now Al...
Hi Gary,

Rock-a-billy blues - I like it! I'm really enjoying this side of you we've not much of before. This and your previous post are terrific. Everything you do is a great listen, but this side of you is a real nice change of pace. Nice selection of backing tracks and the Harmonica is particularly good. Great stuff, my friend!

Hope you and your wife have a heckuva good time with your travels. And I enjoy the same thing - traveling and visiting as I see fit. I've been fortunate enough to visit all but three states (Oregon, Washington and Hawaii) plus more than 40 countries. I loved every day of it.

Be safe on your journey and try to have too much fun. And give us a song while you're out there, if you can. I always anticipate good things when I click onto your songs. Best to you and yours,

Alan

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

#437903 - 11/14/17 05:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
The songs sounds great and so does the lifestyle. We've been retired for many years and often talk about hitting the road for an extended period of time....just do it!

We enjoyed the write, the arrangement and the performanes!

Well done and have fun...

J&B

#437922 - 11/14/17 07:18 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Awesome tune Gary. Loved this one. Excellent vocal and lyric. Nothin better than cruising down the road with out a care in sight. Enjoy your trip.

#437937 - 11/14/17 08:06 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Deryk - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Great job on this one smile It takes me back to long road trips I used to take as a kid through my teenage years. I love the groove on this tune, it had my foot tapping the whole way through.

Awesome work here - thanks for sharing!

#437956 - 11/14/17 10:12 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Davis, CA
Greg Johnson Offline
Veteran

Loc: Davis, CA
Very cool!! Love the vibe, and very natural vocal style. Harmonica is great but I would put a little verb on it. Great job!! Take care. Greg

#437984 - 11/14/17 12:46 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Victoria, BC
Ember - PG Music Offline
PG Music Staff

Loc: Victoria, BC
What a cool and upbeat vibe to this song! I can definitely see people blasting this song on their car radio with the top down as they roadtrip through the country side. A perfect fit!

#438045 - 11/14/17 06:07 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: VideoTrack]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks Videotrack. I fretted a while over that fade. There was a breaking point where it would drown out the guitar, and I wanted both to be clear. Looking back, I think I might should have made the harmonica part longer. Thanks for your comment. I wish you and yours well. Rock on.

#438058 - 11/14/17 07:10 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Rob4580 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Murgon Queensland Australia
Great tune and production.
Have a great holiday.
Rob

#438227 - 11/15/17 05:54 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: PeterF]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

Thanks a lot, Peter. I have had this one laying around a while. I am glad folks like this one. It's only the second time that I've played the lead guitar line on a BIAB tune. The RT's are so good it is a little intimidating to even try to compete. However, now and then I have to get back in the game. Thanks again and Be Well.

#438731 - 11/18/17 04:08 PM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
guitar1 Offline
Apprentice

I usually like to thank each and every person that comments on my posts individually, but I am just running out of time. We are in the process of loading up the motorhome for our winter trip. I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and comments and suggestions. I really appreciate you all. We will probably be out of touch for a while. Thanks again and we'll see you down the road.

#440771 - 11/26/17 11:44 AM [User Showcase] Re: I Must Be Dreaming [Re: guitar1]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Gary that was some sweet country blues! Love your laid back style! Thanks, Torrey

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32612 Members
68 Forums
65541 Topics
555706 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Elwood, qbpremier321, Mtsac, Wavd, marshrush

32611 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 185