You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#442492 - 12/04/17 03:44 AM [Beginners Forum] RealBand change instrument sforzando
Loc: Italy - Milano
cubalibre Offline
Enthusiast

Hi,

in RB when I change the instrument i.e. Acoustic Grand Piano in piano track, if after I go in bass track I view this piano instrument assigned also to bass track.

The same thing happens if I set the bass track, I find the same instrument on the piano track:the tracks instruments.are not independent!

All midi tracks are setted with same instrument!!

in BIAB when I set a track sforzando ask me the chanel. In RB this does not happen.

Where am I wrong?

Attachments
Cattura1.PNG

#442579 - 12/04/17 11:04 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: cubalibre]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
sforzando only allows one instrument at a time (it's not a multi-instrumental MIDI synth).

That said, I haven't tried to see if it's possible to load multiple, different instances of sforzando. I'll try when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, what you could do is load the Piano and then create a wav file of that track and load that wav into RB (and then mute the piano midi track). After that, use sforzando on the bass.

Regards,
Noel

#442589 - 12/04/17 11:17 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: cubalibre]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

Loc: Pensacola, Florida
You should be able to load multiple instances of Sforzando into each of the different available ports, then select a different instrument for each.

Just right click on the track and select the option to load a VST into a specific slot, choose the port, then the Sforzando VST for that port. Each instance will work independently of each other.

HP Win10Pro-64, 8GB
ASUS Win10Pro-64, 16GB
HP Win7Pro-64, 8GB

H/W-Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD, Casio Kbds
S/W-BB/RB2018/Sonar/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
Web-http://www.sus4chord.com

#442651 - 12/04/17 04:59 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: cubalibre]
Loc: Marysville, Mi. USA
rharv Offline
Veteran

See this thread
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=438092#Post438092

Accompanied with the image below it should help explain.
sForzando synth plays one sound at time.
But you can load many copies of the sForzando synth at once; each with their own sound.

What you need to know:
Each MIDI track goes to a Port. When you use a default MIDI synth all tracks go to it unless you change this setting.

So assign each track to it's own Port and use another copy of the synth (or even a different synth) on that Port. Problem solved. This is how you use lots of synths in RB.

The image below is of the Right-Click menu of any MIDI track .. it should help figure out how to assign a given synth to a track using the Port

Track-> Port -> synth (either softsynth or hardware)
In the image below I have 16 hardware ports available in my Delta before/above the 16 softsynth ports. The options are there, but you need to set them up for the desired result.
You will likely see your default synth in Port 32 (softsynth 16) on your system.
That's where all MIDI gets assigned when the 'Use Default Synth' box is checked .. but you can change it for each track.

Attachments
RBPorts.jpg

#442758 - 12/05/17 08:55 AM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: rharv]
cubalibre Offline
Enthusiast

ok rharv good tutorial.

I'm curious. What is Delta?

#442880 - 12/05/17 03:35 PM [Beginners Forum] Re: RealBand change instrument sforzando [Re: cubalibre]
rharv Offline
Veteran

M-Audio Delta 1010 interface.
https://www.ebay.com/p/M-Audio-Delta-1010-LT-sound-card-DELTA-1010-LT-DELTA-1010LT-US41077/77161194

Be advised, in the above listing the seller says it will work in a laptop; not true.
It needs a PCI slot which is getting harder to find lately, so the low prices will likely get lower.

I have a couple different systems using these cards and they just keep working .. through W7 and W8 so far.
Haven't tried them on 10.

Moderator:  Andrew - PG Music, PeterGannon 
PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® - Freezing Tracks

Like what you hear in Band-in-a-Box®? Make sure to Freeze the track(s) or song! Once frozen, it won't be regeneraged or change when you play it again - and your choice isn't final, since you can unfreeze them just as easily:
-press the blue snowflake button within the track name of the mixer window
-press the blue snowflake button within the expanded toolbar of the program (Ctrl + T will swap between the two toolbar views), and select the track(s)

Note: If you want to force Band-in-a-Box® to generate tracks without adjusting the Freeze settings, hold down the Shift key as you press the [Generate and Play] button (the fly-by hint will remind you of that) or choose the menu command Play | Play Special | Generate (even if tracks are frozen).

To learn more about freezing your Band-in-a-Box® tracks or songs, visit Chapter 5: Playing Songs | Freezing tracks of our Online Manual.

With Band-in-a-Box®, Making Music Has Never Been Easier!

We came across this recent post, Music Making Software: Record, Edit, Create and Share Your Own Songs, which includes Band-in-a-Box® in their list of software you'll need to record and edit your own songs!

One of our favourite products, and one that doesn’t seem to come up much in discussions about music making software, is Band-In-A-Box from PG Music. This is probably the longest established and certainly one of the most popular music making software packages of all time. Already packed with features, the latest version has added functions that in our opinion make this an essential buy for musicians in any genre, for keyboard players, guitarists, singers, in fact any musician looking for an outstanding tool to make the most of their creative ideas.
-www.musicrepo.com

The Download Manager - Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

The "Download Manager" within Band-in-a-Box® for Windows is a great tool to confirm or help with the installation of your Band-in-a-Box® for Windows program!

What does the Download Manager do?
Automatically installs Band-in-a-Box® content (RealTracks, RealDrums, etc.) in the background, so you don't have to sit there the whole time! It can also confirm that you've completely installed your purchase.

How do you use it?
Within the program, go to Help | Utilities | Run Download/Install Manager now. Using your activation code, the program will analyze the installation folders, and list anything that still needs to be downloaded and installed.

Learn more about the Download Manager with this tutorial, or check out the topic within the Online Manual.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Online Manual - Chord List & Shortcuts

Visit the Chord List of our Online Manual, and you'll see all the chords that can be used within the program! The list includes a few Tricky Chords and Shortcut Chords that you may find useful too!

Tricky Chords:
C5b This is "C flat 5." It is spelled this way to avoid confusion.
C2, C5, C4, C69, C7alt, Cm7#5
You can type C-7 for Cm7 (i.e. use the minus sign) or C7-9 for C7b9.

Shortcut Chords
If you enter a lot of songs, you will appreciate these shortcut keys.
J = Maj7
H = m7b5 (H stands for Half diminished)
D = dim
S = 7sus

There's even information on how to add your own chord shortcuts - check it out!

Video Request Answered - Creating Intros, Bridges, and Endings in Band-in-a-Box®

Check out the newest support video created by Kent that explains how to create intros, bridges, and endings in Band-in-a-Box®! Click here to view...

The Band-in-a-Box® SongPicker Feature

If you have a folder of songs that you'd always like easy access to within Band-in-a-Box, make sure you familiarize yourself with The SongPicker feature, which access the folder that you choose and lock it to!

Access the SongPicker by clicking on the [Song] button next to the title of the song within the main screen of Band-in-a-Box. The first time the SongPicker is opened, you can choose the folder to use to create the list by selecting [Change] and navigating to your preferred directory. Once chosen, select [OK - Make Song List], and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... the next time you click on [Song], you'll be taken directly to your preferred folder!

Learn even more about this feature within Chapter 5 of our Online Manual, here.

Just Launched - The FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

If you have a question (or questions!) about Band-in-a-Box®, PowerTracks, RealBand®, or any other PG Music Inc. product - whether it be technical support or pre-sales, there's now an easy one-stop spot to find the answer - our FAQ and Knowledge Base Forum!

Don't want to read through the 600+ posts? Use the Search FAQ option, and you can choose your key search terms to locate the topic and answer you're looking for!

Common pre-sales questions about our products, ordering, and delivery:
Pre-Sales

Technical support & troubleshooting by product:
Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Band-in-a-Box® for Mac
RealBand® for Windows
PowerTracks Pro® Audio for Windows
Other Products

There's even a Request New FAQs forum, if you didn't see your question answered anywhere!

Forum Stats
28225 Members
59 Forums
54913 Topics
455579 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Richard68, JeffBro, sophie24, EveArnold, Boilerman

28225 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Noel96 171
Al-David 155