You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#443525 - 12/08/17 06:19 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Set them Windows Free!
Loc: Houston, Texas
cooltouch Offline
Journeyman

I'm running the latest edition of RealBand. My DAW has two monitors. What I like to do is position ancillary windows of various stuff on my second monitor, so as to keeep things uncluttered on the primary.

I just tried moving RB's mixer over to my secondary monitor and found out I couldn't. It's imprisoned within the confines of the larger RB window. Why? And then I tried moving the Tracks window. Same difference. It's imprisoned. I haven't tried any of the other windows yet. But I repeat my question. Why?

Set them Windows free, I tell ya! Set them free!

My Music:
https://soundcloud.com/michaelmcbroom/albums

#443545 - 12/08/17 08:06 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Set them Windows Free! [Re: cooltouch]
Loc: Pensacola, Florida
jford Offline
Veteran

The sub windows will all be contained in the master RealBand window. Have you tried extending the main window to the second screen, then moving the sub windows over to that new space?

LaptopBeast HP Win7Pro64, 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64, 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64, 8GB

UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/BB-RB2019/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
http://www.sus4chord.com

#443558 - 12/08/17 09:11 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Set them Windows Free! [Re: cooltouch]
cooltouch Offline
Journeyman

No, I haven't because I didn't want to chop up the master window. Guess I'll have to if I want to reposition stuff. But it would be nice if I could move things around without having to stretch RB.

You know what having the imprisoned windows reminds me of? Win3.1. Yuck.

Edited by cooltouch (12/08/17 09:12 AM)

My Music:

#443685 - 12/08/17 06:51 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Set them Windows Free! [Re: cooltouch]
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
VideoTrack Offline
Veteran

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
It's a reasonable request if it can't currently be done outside of the main RealBand screen's real-estate.

+1
BIAB&RB2019(Audiophile),Win-10Pro, SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, KorgX3R, RodeNGT2, AM802mixer, NS40M StudioMonitors, Pioneer Act. Mons, AKG K271 Studio H'phones

#443687 - 12/08/17 07:29 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Set them Windows Free! [Re: cooltouch]
Loc: Hong Kong
lambada Offline
Expert

Loc: Hong Kong
+1 Peculiar that you can do it in BIAB but not in RealBand. I just accepted it on the previous version, but it is annoying.
Zoom UAC-2 (USB 3 interface-built in midi)
VoiceLive 3 Extreme, Sputnik Valve Condenser Mic

#443914 - 12/09/17 11:26 PM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Set them Windows Free! [Re: cooltouch]
cooltouch Offline
Journeyman

Yeah, it was the fact that I could move BiaB's mixer anywhere I wanted that I just assumed that RealBand had that capability too. It surprised me that I couldn't do the same with RB's mixer.

My Music:

#444272 - 12/11/17 10:35 AM [RealBand Wishlist] Re: Set them Windows Free! [Re: cooltouch]
jford Offline
Veteran

As I recall (not in front of my music computer right now), the only thing you can move to the 2nd monitor in RealBand is the VST(i) window.

LaptopBeast HP Win7Pro64, 8GB
AudioBeast ASUS Win10Pro64, 16GB
VideoBeast HP Win10Pro64, 8GB

UMC404HD/Casio Kbds/BB-RB2019/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/Samplitude/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Noteworthy/NI Komplete/Halion/Garritan/IK
http://www.sus4chord.com

PG Music News
Just Released: Xtra Styles PAK 7 for Band-in-a-Box for Windows!

164 amazing new RealStyles await you in Xtra Styles PAK 7! We've dreamed up some great new arrangements for your songwriting, production, and teaching needs in four volumes: Jazz 7, Country 7, Rock/Pop 7, and Americana 2.

Get all 164 new RealStyles in the All Xtra Styles PAK 7 for only $29 until September 15, 2019! (Reg. $49)

Specific genre packages are also available for $15 each!

For more information and to listen to demos, click here!

Band-in-a-Box® Features List!

Every version release of Band-in-a-Box® adds loads of new features and enhancements to the program, which we're sure can sometimes get "lost" in your knowledge of the program's capabilities.

Looking to learn about new features with a specific release? It's actually really easy to locate this information!

Learn tips on the new version (2019) by visiting Help | Tip of the Day and placing a check mark next to "Only Show Tips for Version 2019" (you'll also need to select "Show Tips at Startup", if it's not already).

Access the new features list for older versions in the Help Index of the program - from the left-menu, choose Contents | Features and a list of New Features will show - all the way back to Version 7!

#FeatureFriday

#TBT Band-in-a-Box® Goes to NAMM

As we get ready to head to Summer NAMM this year, we're remembering our time their last year - we had so many visitors stop by our booth!

Click here to take a peak!

Special thanks to Mike and all the RealTracks Artists and PG Endorsers who stopped by. Stay tuned for our Booth Visitors and other happenings from Summer NAMM on July 18-20, 2019! If you find yourself at the event, come say "Hi!" to us at booth 234.

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows StylePicker Feature - Finding RealTracks & MIDI SuperTracks

Did you know... Within Band-in-a-Box®, quickly find styles that use RealTracks (or MIDI SuperTracks!) in a certain range by pressing the [Other] filter button in the StylePicker window and select "Styles that contain RealTracks or MIDI SuperTracks in a number range".

#WisdomWednesday

Band-in-a-Box® Tip of the Day!

Did you know that Band-in-a-Box® will show you some helpful "Tips" when you start the program? What a great way for new program users to learn all the features of the program! Want to know Tips on just the latest version? This feature can be adjusted to just show the Tips for that too.

Maybe you're a long-time user of the program, and have this feature turned off? To access Tip of the Day (450+ available!), head to Help | Tip of the Day. Your Tip will appear right away - and you'll have the option of reading the Next Tip if you wanted too! Within this window is where you would also choose to "Show Tips at Startup" (if this is unchecked, you won't see them), or "Only Show Tips for Version 2019".

Here's a few Tips the program informed me of the last time I opened Band-in-a-Box®:

In the Piano Roll window, the 'Ghost Note' function allows you to view a single-channel, and see notes on all other channels display in light grey. This is useful when working with multi-channel tracks.

Want a bigger guitar display? Drag the bottom end of the Guitar Window to change its size, or press the SETTINGS button to set a custom size.

The Printout can use left and right MARGINS. This is useful to make printouts for small paper size or 3 hole paper that requires margins.

Edit | Nudge Chords/Melody. Let's say that you have entered a complete song chord progression, and you then realize that all of the chords starting at bar 23 are 1 beat to late. You can use this feature to slide your chords over by 1 beat.

#TipTuesday

Video - Using the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard

Check out this incredibly thorough video created by Dennis Wilkins, which explains how he uses the Band-in-a-Box® Vocal Wizard! Click here to watch..

YouTube Find - Ballad for a Travelling Lady

We did a search for Band-in-a-Box on YouTube, and look at what we found!

Video - "Ballad for a Travelling Lady" by Stefan Leipziger

What a great use of Band-in-a-Box! Check out Stefan's YouTube Channel for even more of songs he's created with the help of Band-in-a-Box.

Forum Stats
29923 Members
61 Forums
59428 Topics
501155 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
jmh0912, FriarWade, Pieter Stein, tct, johne1

29922 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Icelander 223
zedd 160