Options
Index
#444488 - 12/11/17 11:41 PM [User Showcase] It Sounds Like Love
Loc: Florida
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

[Link no longer valid]

I wrote this today for the songwriting prompt "Sounds Like Love" in the GYAWS Facebook group. The idea behind the song is that if exposed to something long enough it will become the norm. In this case the person singing the song has been around domestic violence all their lives so they believe that is how love works.

I guess I'm still in a bluesy mood since this is kind of a blues rock tune with gritty vocals. Let me know what you think.

Style: Feather Indie Blues Rock w Slide
BPM: 90

Real Tracks:
572:Bass, Electric Blues BB
382:Guitar, Slide, Background Blues
1838:Piano, Acoustic,Rhythm, PopModernGroove
1761:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop 16ths
3064:Vocal Oohs, Rhythm Pop3-part
Real Drums=BluesRockSlow

Vocals, mixing and editing of tracks was done in Cubase 9

[Link no longer valid]

I can hear the neighbors yelling coming down the hall.
There not much you can’t hear though these thin apartment walls
Wouldn’t you know, it just don’t bother me at all.
It sounds like love.

I Can almost count on it nearly each and every night.
My next door neighbors oh they’re gonna start a fight.
It might trouble other folks but to me it sounds alright.
It sounds like love.

Sounds like love in the first degree.
Sure sounds like love to me.
When you coming from a broken home
And now your all alone.
It sounds like love.

Well my daddy was an awful man, he loved to drink and fight.
He'd come home fighting mad in the middle of the night.
Then beat my momma within inches of her life.
But it sounds like love.

Now mama’s gone and I’m here living in this slum.
The banging on the wall sounds like the beating of a drum.
I can hear the screaming but I guess I’ve gone so numb
It sounds like love.

Sounds like love in the first degree.
Sure sounds like love to me.
When you coming from a broken home
And now your all alone.
It sounds like love.

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (08/24/20 02:00 PM)

www.sammycountry.com

#444552 - 12/12/17 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent vocal Samuel. Super lyrics and heartfelt delivery

#444578 - 12/12/17 08:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A gritty subject to take on, Samuel.

Your vocals are outstanding. Knockin' on Stapleton's door...dang impressive... (I'd warm 'em up a bit in the mix).

You are a songwriting machine! Keep 'em coming!!!

fj

#444587 - 12/12/17 09:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: floyd jane]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A gritty subject to take on, Samuel.

Your vocals are outstanding. Knockin' on Stapleton's door...dang impressive... (I'd warm 'em up a bit in the mix).

You are a songwriting machine! Keep 'em coming!!!

fj

Thanks Floyd. If I end up actually doing anthing with this I probably will warm up the vocals. This was more of a songwriting exercise for me. I had that old time rough blues voice in mind when writing it and I think I did a fair job of capturing that feeling. Thanks for the advice.

www.sammycountry.com

#444607 - 12/12/17 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Excellent song, great vocal.
Very enjoyable.

Sergio

Sergio

#444660 - 12/12/17 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Well put together and great vocals. Very relevant subject and worth looking into further development. Mainstream appeal. Enjoyable listen.

Charlie

#444663 - 12/12/17 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
A strong presentation of a strong subject.

The write, your vocal, the band and the mix all work well together and accent the lyric well.

The vocal is very cool...reminds me of reading about how a young Johnny Winter used to practice singing face down in a pillow so as to not worry his mother smile That's a compliment. Janice is a HUGE JW fan.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

#444677 - 12/12/17 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Chilling idea Samuel.
Very well done.
The vocal delivery and the guitar suit the theme perfectly.
Cheers.

#444833 - 12/13/17 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Samuel, this one has a raw up in your face sound which is perfect for this type tune! I like the way you kept the chord structure to a minimum amount of moves which to me enhances the feel of the song. It's serious subject matter and you did very well with the vocal delivering the message! Thanks, Torrey

#466605 - 04/10/18 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
SilverBeat Offline
Enthusiast

Lyric goes well with the tune

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2021 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 für Windows® ist hier!
Wir waren fleißig und haben 80 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 202 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI-SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles", RealDrums Transkriptionen, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10 und vieles mehr!

Was ist neu? | Paket

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows - New Intro Options!

With Band-in-a-Box® 2021 there are additional options for generating an intro!

Within Band-in-a-Box, choose Song Form | Generate Intro to see all the different options available:
-All Instruments
-Drums only
-Bass and Drums
-NEW! Bass only
-NEW! Bass then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Drums then Bass & Drums
-NEW! Piano Only
-NEW! Guitar Only
-NEW! Strings Only
-NEW! Custom - you pick!

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac Update Available!

We've updated our Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac to enhance Big Sur and M1 capabilities, improve the notation window, resolve AIFF rendering errors, as well as addressing a few other user-reported issues.

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac? Update for free today.

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021!

Already purchased PowerTracks Pro Audio 2021? Make sure you update it for free today!

Our development team has been listening to user feedback, and applied some updates to address user-reported program concerns.

Learn more...

Band-in-a-Box® Guitar Features!

Today* is Get Out Your Guitar Day!

Band-in-a-Box® has many features for guitarists, whether you're learning or on your way to being a pro, or you are a pro!

Are you using an UltraPAK+ or own the Songs & Lessons PAK? Lessons from our Master Solos Series can be accessed right in the Practice Window! (Alt Shift L)

Use the resizable Guitar Window to follow-along with the on-screen fretboard, which is customizable to displays alternate guitar tunings, notes are highlighted as the song plays, and includes many more useful features for to help you learn!

The Woodshedding feature is perfect to help you progress while learning a song along with Band-in-a-Box®! This feature speeds up the song every time the song loops to the beginning, and you can also choose to loop a highlighted section within the song to really focus on the you could use a little more practice with.

Most of our guitar RealTracks include RealCharts so that you can see the notation and tab, allowing you to see exactly what the pros are playing!

A Band-in-a-Box® 2021 UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition includes over 1,400 guitar RealTracks contributed by more than 50 different REAL musicians!

There are so many things a guitarist can do with Band-in-a-Box® - what's your favorite guitar feature? Do you have a "go-to" RealTracks Guitarist Artist you use for most of your songs?

*February 11, 2021

Big Sur & M1 Compatibility Added to Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac today!

Here at PG Music, development never stops! If you're using the 2020 version of Band-in-a-Box® for Mac with your Big Sur or a Mac M1 computer, download the latest update which adds support for macOS Big Sur, and is compatible with Apple Silicon (M1) Macs!

This update will also resolve any color display issues within the program, resize the windows without unexpectedly closing the program, add notation enhancements, and resolve a few other user-reported issues!

Download & learn more about the updated Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac.

Update Your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows for Free!

Using Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows? Download the latest free update today!

With this latest update, notation display in Japanese has been enhanced, improvements have been applied to Bar and Song Settings, the MIDI volume change events will now be included in exported MIDI files, you can now import the lyrics with your MIDI files, export Utility Tracks notation as video, and we've resolved additional user-reported issues.

Make sure you download your latest Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows update today!

Tip: Head to Help | Check for Update... to put a checkmark beside "Automatically check for updates every..." and choose your day count to always stay up-to-date with your installation of Band-in-a-Box®!

Forum Stats
33972 Members
67 Forums
68366 Topics
586144 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
RFairchild, dbpetit, hippias, Wes37, Testo Prime

33971 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 224
dcuny 186