Options
Index
#444488 - 12/11/17 11:41 PM [User Showcase] It Sounds Like Love
Loc: Florida
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

It Sounds Like Love

I wrote this today for the songwriting prompt "Sounds Like Love" in the GYAWS Facebook group. The idea behind the song is that if exposed to something long enough it will become the norm. In this case the person singing the song has been around domestic violence all their lives so they believe that is how love works.

I guess I'm still in a bluesy mood since this is kind of a blues rock tune with gritty vocals. Let me know what you think.

Style: Feather Indie Blues Rock w Slide
BPM: 90

Real Tracks:
572:Bass, Electric Blues BB
382:Guitar, Slide, Background Blues
1838:Piano, Acoustic,Rhythm, PopModernGroove
1761:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop 16ths
3064:Vocal Oohs, Rhythm Pop3-part
Real Drums=BluesRockSlow

Vocals, mixing and editing of tracks was done in Cubase 9

It Sounds Like Love

I can hear the neighbors yelling coming down the hall.
There not much you can’t hear though these thin apartment walls
Wouldn’t you know, it just don’t bother me at all.
It sounds like love.

I Can almost count on it nearly each and every night.
My next door neighbors oh they’re gonna start a fight.
It might trouble other folks but to me it sounds alright.
It sounds like love.

Sounds like love in the first degree.
Sure sounds like love to me.
When you coming from a broken home
And now your all alone.
It sounds like love.

Well my daddy was an awful man, he loved to drink and fight.
He'd come home fighting mad in the middle of the night.
Then beat my momma within inches of her life.
But it sounds like love.

Now mama’s gone and I’m here living in this slum.
The banging on the wall sounds like the beating of a drum.
I can hear the screaming but I guess I’ve gone so numb
It sounds like love.

Sounds like love in the first degree.
Sure sounds like love to me.
When you coming from a broken home
And now your all alone.
It sounds like love.

Edited by Samuel Davis (12/12/17 11:28 AM)

www.sammycountry.com

#444552 - 12/12/17 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent vocal Samuel. Super lyrics and heartfelt delivery

#444578 - 12/12/17 08:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A gritty subject to take on, Samuel.

Your vocals are outstanding. Knockin' on Stapleton's door...dang impressive... (I'd warm 'em up a bit in the mix).

You are a songwriting machine! Keep 'em coming!!!

fj

#444587 - 12/12/17 09:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: floyd jane]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A gritty subject to take on, Samuel.

Your vocals are outstanding. Knockin' on Stapleton's door...dang impressive... (I'd warm 'em up a bit in the mix).

You are a songwriting machine! Keep 'em coming!!!

fj

Thanks Floyd. If I end up actually doing anthing with this I probably will warm up the vocals. This was more of a songwriting exercise for me. I had that old time rough blues voice in mind when writing it and I think I did a fair job of capturing that feeling. Thanks for the advice.

www.sammycountry.com

#444607 - 12/12/17 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Excellent song, great vocal.
Very enjoyable.

Sergio

Sergio

#444660 - 12/12/17 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Well put together and great vocals. Very relevant subject and worth looking into further development. Mainstream appeal. Enjoyable listen.

Charlie

#444663 - 12/12/17 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
A strong presentation of a strong subject.

The write, your vocal, the band and the mix all work well together and accent the lyric well.

The vocal is very cool...reminds me of reading about how a young Johnny Winter used to practice singing face down in a pillow so as to not worry his mother smile That's a compliment. Janice is a HUGE JW fan.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

#444677 - 12/12/17 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Online   content
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Chilling idea Samuel.
Very well done.
The vocal delivery and the guitar suit the theme perfectly.
Cheers.

#444833 - 12/13/17 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Samuel, this one has a raw up in your face sound which is perfect for this type tune! I like the way you kept the chord structure to a minimum amount of moves which to me enhances the feel of the song. It's serious subject matter and you did very well with the vocal delivering the message! Thanks, Torrey

#466605 - 04/10/18 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
SilverBeat Offline
Enthusiast

Lyric goes well with the tune

PG Music News
Listen to the Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio Today!

You may know about our User Showcase Forum, but have you heard about our Band-in-a-Box® User Showcase Radio?

What a great way to listen to all of the Band-in-a-Box® creations from program users just-like-you! It's as easy as choosing a playlist and pressing play!

Click here to access our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, and don't forget to bookmark your new favorite page!

Review - Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows

Make sure to check out the latest Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Windows review from Sound-Guy (Dennis) at www.gearslutz.com: click here.

Sound-Guy has been using Band-in-a-Box® for many, many, many, many, many years - and we still managed to surprise him with some great new features! Read his latest review to learn more about his favorite additions for 2020!

"Band-in-a-Box continues to evolve as an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to produce not only new compositions and arrangements, but also perform them with excellent musical “talent”. It also provides educational and training tools for keyboardists and guitarists. It’s easy to use the basic functions, and challenging enough to keep you occupied for years. BIAB provides education, inspiration, a “live” band to aid in practicing, and anything from backing tracks to full performances for recording."
-Sound-Guy, www.gearslutz.com

How I Use Band-in-a-Box® to Create Shots/Chops

Band-in-a-Box® user Henry Clarke creates a lot of great songs with Band-in-a-Box®, and he's shared his steps for creating the shots/chops within his recent song Lonely in a Crowd.

To watch Henry's video, click here.

Have your own program tip to share? Feel free to post it to our Tips & Tricks forum.

#TipTuesday

Uncommon RealTracks Instruments for Band-in-a-Box®

Today is Uncommon Instrument Awareness Day.

Examples of "uncommon instruments" include anything from Spoons to the Wheelharp to the Singing Ringing Tree, and more!
(there's probably more instruments out there that we DON'T know than we DO know)

Although our RealTracks collection doesn't include many 'uncommon instruments', we do offer some pretty unique choices!

On top of the usual varieties we offer for Piano, Guitar, Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet, Bass, Tuba, Trumpet, Trombone, and more - our RealTracks library also offers a nice selection of Shakuhachi and Kalimba - there's even a Koto RealTrack included in Set 212!

Kalimba: RealTracks Set 271
Koto: RealTracks Set 212
Shakuhachi: RealTracks Sets 193 & 212

What's the most surprising RealTrack Instrument that you've come across?

Band-in-a-Box® 2020 Portuguese for Windows is Here!

Existem mais de 50 novos recursos no Band-in-a-Box® 2020! Existem aprimoramentos no RealTracks (RealTracks vocais com som mais suave, RealTracks Engrossados, Substitutos de RealTracks e MultiFrases). A maioria dos RealDrums agora possui RealCharts (com notação de bateria precisa). Há um novo navegador de artistas do RealTracks para encontrar informações/biografias/links/listas de RealTracks em todos os artistas. Um novo Navegador de recursos permite que o usuário novo ou "esquecido" encontre e use facilmente a maioria dos recursos/teclas de atalho/documentos em uma única janela. Equalizar Tempoaprimoramentos na Seleção de Músicas, baixo/bateria ou apenas bateria nas introduções automáticas, 3.400 títulos adicionados, aprimoramentos no MusicXML, visualização de guitarra para "Canhotos" e "Estudantes", aprimoramentos de arrastar e soltar, exibição de várias janelas do Interpretador de Acordes de Áudio e muito mais!

COMPRE/ATUALIZE, & BAIXE AGORA!

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Mac Update Ready!

Just because Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for Mac is here doesn't mean we've forgotten our 2019 users!

If you're still using Band-in-a-Box® 2019, make sure you download the latest patch update (b324) for an updated splash screen (macOS 10.12 and 10.13 users), smoother Song Titles dialog, access to your (purchased) RealTracks Set 328, and we've corrected the reported issue with opening songs from older versions of Band-in-a-Box in the 2019 version.

Learn more about this patch and download it here.

Review - Loops-with-Style PAK 2 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020

"Dr. Dave" Walker is at it again! You may remember his recent reviews of both Band-in-a-Box 2020 for Mac and Xtra Styles PAK 9 - now he has something to say about our Loops-with-Style PAK 2 - check it out: Click here to read...

With money being tight for most musicians, this is a wonderful gift for those on a limited budget. At $29, it offers months and years of fun and experimentation, bringing many ideas to fruition as songs with enough variation so that your audience doesn’t jump to "aw, that's a computer!" while still keeping the power of the software in your hands.
-"Dr. Dave" Walker

Thank you again Dr. Dave for the great review!

Learn more about Loops-with-Style PAKs: Windows | Mac

Forum Stats
32613 Members
68 Forums
65543 Topics
555715 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Saxfiend, Elwood, qbpremier321, Mtsac, Wavd

32612 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
MarioD 185