Options
Index
#444488 - 12/11/17 11:41 PM [User Showcase] It Sounds Like Love
Loc: Florida
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

[Link no longer valid]

I wrote this today for the songwriting prompt "Sounds Like Love" in the GYAWS Facebook group. The idea behind the song is that if exposed to something long enough it will become the norm. In this case the person singing the song has been around domestic violence all their lives so they believe that is how love works.

I guess I'm still in a bluesy mood since this is kind of a blues rock tune with gritty vocals. Let me know what you think.

Style: Feather Indie Blues Rock w Slide
BPM: 90

Real Tracks:
572:Bass, Electric Blues BB
382:Guitar, Slide, Background Blues
1838:Piano, Acoustic,Rhythm, PopModernGroove
1761:Guitar, Acoustic, Strumming Pop 16ths
3064:Vocal Oohs, Rhythm Pop3-part
Real Drums=BluesRockSlow

Vocals, mixing and editing of tracks was done in Cubase 9

[Link no longer valid]

I can hear the neighbors yelling coming down the hall.
There not much you can’t hear though these thin apartment walls
Wouldn’t you know, it just don’t bother me at all.
It sounds like love.

I Can almost count on it nearly each and every night.
My next door neighbors oh they’re gonna start a fight.
It might trouble other folks but to me it sounds alright.
It sounds like love.

Sounds like love in the first degree.
Sure sounds like love to me.
When you coming from a broken home
And now your all alone.
It sounds like love.

Well my daddy was an awful man, he loved to drink and fight.
He'd come home fighting mad in the middle of the night.
Then beat my momma within inches of her life.
But it sounds like love.

Now mama’s gone and I’m here living in this slum.
The banging on the wall sounds like the beating of a drum.
I can hear the screaming but I guess I’ve gone so numb
It sounds like love.

Sounds like love in the first degree.
Sure sounds like love to me.
When you coming from a broken home
And now your all alone.
It sounds like love.

Edited by Andrew - PG Music (08/24/20 02:00 PM)

www.sammycountry.com

#444552 - 12/12/17 07:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Scott C Offline
Veteran

Loc: Edmonton, Ab, Canada
Excellent vocal Samuel. Super lyrics and heartfelt delivery

#444578 - 12/12/17 08:27 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
floyd jane Offline
Veteran

A gritty subject to take on, Samuel.

Your vocals are outstanding. Knockin' on Stapleton's door...dang impressive... (I'd warm 'em up a bit in the mix).

You are a songwriting machine! Keep 'em coming!!!

fj

#444587 - 12/12/17 09:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: floyd jane]
Samuel Davis Offline
Journeyman

Originally Posted By: floyd jane
A gritty subject to take on, Samuel.

Your vocals are outstanding. Knockin' on Stapleton's door...dang impressive... (I'd warm 'em up a bit in the mix).

You are a songwriting machine! Keep 'em coming!!!

fj

Thanks Floyd. If I end up actually doing anthing with this I probably will warm up the vocals. This was more of a songwriting exercise for me. I had that old time rough blues voice in mind when writing it and I think I did a fair job of capturing that feeling. Thanks for the advice.

www.sammycountry.com

#444607 - 12/12/17 10:38 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Cremona-Italy
Sergio Guarneri Offline
Expert

Loc: Cremona-Italy

Excellent song, great vocal.
Very enjoyable.

Sergio

Sergio

#444660 - 12/12/17 12:43 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Offline
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Well put together and great vocals. Very relevant subject and worth looking into further development. Mainstream appeal. Enjoyable listen.

Charlie

#444663 - 12/12/17 12:48 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: GA USA
Janice & Bud Offline
Veteran

Loc: GA USA
A strong presentation of a strong subject.

The write, your vocal, the band and the mix all work well together and accent the lyric well.

The vocal is very cool...reminds me of reading about how a young Johnny Winter used to practice singing face down in a pillow so as to not worry his mother smile That's a compliment. Janice is a HUGE JW fan.

Enjoyed it!

J&B

#444677 - 12/12/17 01:29 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: New Zealand
RichMac Offline
Expert

Loc: New Zealand
Chilling idea Samuel.
Very well done.
The vocal delivery and the guitar suit the theme perfectly.
Cheers.

#444833 - 12/13/17 06:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Veteran

Loc: Missouri
Samuel, this one has a raw up in your face sound which is perfect for this type tune! I like the way you kept the chord structure to a minimum amount of moves which to me enhances the feel of the song. It's serious subject matter and you did very well with the vocal delivering the message! Thanks, Torrey

#466605 - 04/10/18 05:37 PM [User Showcase] Re: It Sounds Like Love [Re: Samuel Davis]
SilverBeat Offline
Enthusiast

Lyric goes well with the tune

PG Music News
RealBand 2021 is Here!

There are exciting additions to RealBand 2021! RealBand is now a 64-bit application, and supports SIMD features for higher audio playback performance. There is now drum notation support with over 300 additional RealCharts, added cut time notation, time signature improvements, visual transpose, notation enhancements, XML improvements, and more!

RealBand 2021 is included with ALL Band-in-a-Box 2021 purchases... and our upgrade packages are ON SALE until December 31st!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand® 2021 for Windows.

Generate RealTracks on Utility Tracks with Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows!

We've just updated the brand-new Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with the ability to generate RealTracks on Utility Tracks!

Not only can you generate the ENTIRE track from the track menu, complete with RealCharts, you can also generate highlighted sections of the Utility track - and even change it to a completely different RealTracks instrument! With the cross-fades Audio Edit option, the transition will be so smooth - you won't believe your ears!

https://youtu.be/TvJnJHdDVuI

Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows users can download this free update patch here.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows: New Features Video

It's here! Check out all the new features released with Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows with our New Features video.
www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Video - 202 New RealTracks for Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows®!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2020, we added 202 new RealTracks! There are brand-new RealTracks for Jazz, Blues, Funk, Latin, Pop, Rock, World, Country, Americana & Celtic, and more!

Get the newest RealTracks Sets 353-375 when you purchase the PlusPAK upgrade (ideal for 2020 UltraPAK/UltraPAK+ customers) for just $99 during our special (reg. $129).

Want the entire RealTracks Sets 1-375 collection with over 3,100 RealTracks? They are included with any Band-in-a-Box 2021 for Windows UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition.

Check out our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows® - 202 New RealTracks Overview, which demonstrates the newest RealTracks Sets 329-352.

NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 10 & MultiStyles PAK 1 for Band-in-a-Box®!

We've just released some amazing new Add-ons for Band-in-a-Box® 2020!

Xtra Styles PAK 10 with 50 styles each for Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and Folk Celebration! These carefully crafted RealStyles include lo-fi acoustic guitar hip hop, triple-guitar garage rock, a barbeque boom-chick jam, slidin' lazy country blues, bolero and bossa nova fusion, a Gypsy and stride ballad, praise break organ jazz fusion, surfin' folk rock, barn dance old-time stomp 'n' clap, an acoustic folky blues jam, and so much more!

Introducing MultiStyles PAK 1! 30 MultiStyles containing 120 styles - that's a total of 150 Styles! We've included 10 MultiStyles each for Country, Jazz, and Rock-Pop. Our jazz greats MultiStyle allows you to switch between piano and guitar comping, or select from two different solos. Our Jamaican groove selecta allows you to switch from ska at one section to reggae, island groove, or reggae with sax solo at another. A Tex-Mex country MultiStyle allows you to switch between a regular-time and double-time feel. And that's just the beginning. There's so much more in store! Once you dive into these professionally-mixed MultiStyles, you'll wonder how you ever made due with only two substyles per song! Use one substyle for a softer intro, another one for a restrained breakdown, then throw in a different and energetic middle-eight, or change it up with a solo. The possibilities are endless!

And they're ON SALE!

Xtra Styles PAK 10, and ALL our Xtra Styles PAKs, are on sale for $29 (reg. $49) each! Haven't purchased Xtra Styles yet, but now you want them all? The COMPLETE collection of Xtra Styles PAKs 1-10 with over 1,600 RealStyles can be yours for only $199 (reg. $349)! There's also an option to purchase the newest Xtra Styles PAKs 9 & 10 for Band-in-a-Box® 2020 for a bundle price of $49, if you missed out on our previous special! www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

Purchase MultiStyles PAK 1 for only $19 (reg. $29)! Adding the 2021 49-PAK to your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows purchase? No need to buy this separately, MultiStyles PAK 1 is included with it! www.pgmusic.com/addons.multistyles.php?os=win

Mac user? Click here for your OS specific product announcement.

Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows is HERE!

Just released: Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows with over 50 new features, 202 RealTracks, new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Bonus RealDrums "Singles," RealDrums transcriptions, MultiStyles PAK 1, Xtra Styles PAK 10, and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2021 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2020- save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2021 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks and the just-released MultiStyles PAK 1) upgrade it to the 2021 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2021 for Windows at: www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.new.htm

Band-in-a-Box® for Mac - Audio Chord Wizard Overview Video

The Audio Chord Wizard included in Band-in-a-Box is a powerful feature that automatically figures out the chords from an audio file and imports them (as well as the audio) into Band-in-a-Box®, along with the bar lines, key, tempo, and fine tuning!

Check out this video, where we explain how to use the Audio Chord Wizard: Click here to watch...

Read more about the Audio Chord Wizard within our online program manual, here. Better yet - give it a try and see/hear for yourself how intelligent this feature is!

Forum Stats
33304 Members
67 Forums
66519 Topics
569835 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
PhilC, multawy, pickitup, Jan E.A.V., Dhcousins

33304 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Matt Finley 293
Pipeline 268