Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
You need to be logged in to post
Options
Index
#447012 - 12/24/17 05:54 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: PeterF]
Loc: York, England
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: PeterF
Rog

I agree with floyd:
"There is something about it that reminds me of the Dire Straits debut. Not that it SOUNDS like Dire Straits, but it has that immediate appeal - you want to listen to each part as it is happening."

Nice guitar playing throughout.
Sounds excellent.

Peter

Many thanks, Peter. Appreciate all the nice comments.
Cheers, ROG.

#447014 - 12/24/17 05:56 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Robertkc]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Well, that was definitely what I wanted!
Felt like I was in the garage with you - love the whole thing but especially the intro and the attitude - punching out each word on that chorus line-sounded nice and snarly.
Excellent song.

Robert

Hi Robert.
Love the "garage" comment. Yes, that's exactly what I was after.
Many thanks for the review.
Cheers,
ROG.

#447015 - 12/24/17 05:57 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: RichMac]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: RichMac
Love that!
Sounds dire straits to me and great fun.
Thumbs up!
Cheers.

Hi Rich.
Thanks for the listen and the kind words.
Cheers, ROG.

#447463 - 12/27/17 08:21 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Al-David]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Al-David
Hey ROG,

Great old retro sound! The drums remind a little bit of the Jefferson Airplane's "The Other Side Of This Life." I heard something somewhere between 'The Birds' and 'Jefferson Airplane'.

Glad you got this one. This is how you end the year and a good note! Everything about this shines ... excellent song and production.

Merry Christmas.
Alan

Hi Alan and many thanks for the review.
I've always been a fan of Jefferson Airplane, right through from the early blues days to Starship's rock ballads! Glad you liked this one and hope you had a good Xmas.
Cheers, ROG.

#447465 - 12/27/17 08:26 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: tommyad]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: tommyad
ROG, That highly compressed drum sound is killer and sets up the raw 60's vibe perfectly. Great guitar playing. Super stops. This thing ROCKS!!! Smokin Hot. Love it, Tom

Hi Tom.
Drum tracks have such a huge dynamic range that back in the tape days we always had to wind up the compressor and then we'd still have the VUs banging on the end stops! Old habits die hard.
Hey, glad you liked it - I had a lot of fun putting it together.
Cheers, ROG.

#447467 - 12/27/17 08:28 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: David Snyder]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

This is great. Yeah it is kind of Dire Straits, but more ROG to me.

smile

The guitar playing is great, and I love the mix, especially the drums.

Hi David.
Hey, that's a really nice thing to say. Pleased you liked it and many thanks for the review.
Cheers, ROG.

#447479 - 12/27/17 09:11 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Loc: Missouri
Torrey Bliss Offline
Expert

Loc: Missouri
ROG, great retro vibe on this! It's mid 60's Stones all the way to me! Pure ole rock and roll! Nice little sole in the middle! Thanks, Torrey

#448556 - 01/02/18 01:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: jannesan]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: jannesan
Sounds like a lost Rolling Stones song, one of the rare times I wish the mix was not so good to get even more authentic feel smile Great rocking drums and strong vocals, universal message in the lyrics.

Janne

Hi Janne.
What a super complement. Many thanks.
Cheers, ROG.

#448557 - 01/02/18 02:00 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: 44kfl]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: 44kfl
sounds authentic

love it, gritty goodness

awesome guitar sound and licks

enjoyed the heck out of this

Kenny

Hi Kenny.
Always value your opinion, so really pleased you liked it.
Thanks for the listen and review.
Cheers, ROG.

#448558 - 01/02/18 02:05 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Greg Johnson]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Cool tune ROG!! Like the retro feel, particularly the drums. With your background story, you reminded me how much I miss the old tape machines. New digital stuff is so powerful, convenient, and easy with tons of advantages but music just sounds better when you're watching the reels spin and the tape go by the heads. Great sound on this-your mixes are always fantastic! Enjoyed!! Merry Xmas! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg.
Yeah, the tape machines had a certain magic - until they went wrong! I remember re-winding a full spool of two inch tape when the motion sensing and brakes failed and the feed reel nearly broke the sound barrier.
But yes, things just did sound better.
Many thanks for the kind comments.
Cheers, ROG.

#448559 - 01/02/18 02:07 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Torrey Bliss]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Torrey Bliss
ROG, great retro vibe on this! It's mid 60's Stones all the way to me! Pure ole rock and roll! Nice little sole in the middle! Thanks, Torrey

Hi Torrey.
Many thanks for the listen and review. Much appreciate the positive comments.
Cheers, ROG.

#448561 - 01/02/18 02:14 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Loc: Australia
Noel96 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Australia
ROG,

I apologise for taking a while to get this.

This whole presentation sparkles and gleams with professionalism. The sound is amazing. The mix, your playing, your arranging, everything, is spot on and to my ears, each component piggy-backed on every other component and created a really satisfying aural journey.

Really enjoyable music!

All the best for 2018,
Noel

#448562 - 01/02/18 02:23 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Noel96]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Noel96
ROG,

I apologise for taking a while to get this.

This whole presentation sparkles and gleams with professionalism. The sound is amazing. The mix, your playing, your arranging, everything, is spot on and to my ears, each component piggy-backed on every other component and created a really satisfying aural journey.

Really enjoyable music!

All the best for 2018,
Noel

Thanks, Noel.
Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.
Always like to get a review from you, so many thanks for that.
All the best to you too for 2018.
Cheers, ROG.

#448563 - 01/02/18 02:55 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Loc: Scotland
George Nelson Offline
Expert

Loc: Scotland
Hi Rog,

I don't usually reply to the songs on the forum, because I am not a musician, I hear songs, if you know what I mean, but this song is so brilliant you could place it in the hit parade.

All the very best.

George

#448608 - 01/02/18 09:09 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: George Nelson]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: George Nelson
Hi Rog,

I don't usually reply to the songs on the forum, because I am not a musician, I hear songs, if you know what I mean, but this song is so brilliant you could place it in the hit parade.

All the very best.

George

George, what can I say?
That's one of the nicest reviews I've ever had.
The fact that you don't comment often makes it even more special.
Thank you SO much.
Cheers, ROG.

#448774 - 01/03/18 06:15 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Loc: South Carolina
Charlie Fogle Online   content
Veteran

Loc: South Carolina
Basic recording techniques still produce that rawness that modern producers layer a hundred tracks trying to capture. And.. you just showed 'em how to do it..

Great way to end the year. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

#448835 - 01/03/18 10:25 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: Charlie Fogle]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Basic recording techniques still produce that rawness that modern producers layer a hundred tracks trying to capture. And.. you just showed 'em how to do it..

Great way to end the year. Enjoyed my listen.

Charlie

Hi Charlie.
It's great to have access to all the modern recording systems with unlimited tracks
and every conceivable effect, but yes, it's still necessary to get back to basics
for the raw power that the early recordings possessed.
Many thanks for this listen and review.
Cheers, ROG.

#448852 - 01/03/18 11:58 AM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Loc: Helsinki, Finland
dani48 Offline
Veteran

Loc: Helsinki, Finland
Hi, ROG !

...and a most Happy Year
to you !!!!

Am a little late to the party
but this tune is a true ROCKER
and those always get me going !!!
I like it !

Cheers
Dani

#448900 - 01/03/18 03:20 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: dani48]
ROG Offline
Veteran

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, ROG !

...and a most Happy Year
to you !!!!

Am a little late to the party
but this tune is a true ROCKER
and those always get me going !!!
I like it !

Cheers
Dani

Dani, many thanks for looking in on this one.
Glad I managed to rock you into 2018.
Thanks for the kind review - much appreciated.
All the best to you for the new year.
Cheers, ROG.

#448916 - 01/03/18 04:55 PM [User Showcase] Re: Wasn't That What You Wanted? [Re: ROG]
Loc: Hamlin NY
MarioD Offline
Veteran

Loc: Hamlin NY
I'm very late to this 60's party but I'm glad that I did. Everything that I wanted to say already has been said.

Super song that sounds like it could have come from the Stones first album!

A super live feel to this.

This is a keeper.

64 bit Win 10 Pro - the latest BiaB and RB - Roland Octa-Capture audio interface - a ton of software and some hardware.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

PG Music News
Hurry.... Our Xtra Styles PAK Sale Ends January 15th!

Today is the last day of our Xtra Styles PAK Sale!

There are 162 more RealStyles now available with Xtra Styles PAK 6 for Band-in-a-Box® 2018 - that means there are more than 900 RealStyles available with Xtra Styles PAKs 1-6!

We're having a SALE... and it ends TODAY! Purchase Xtra Styles PAK 6 for just $29! (reg. $49) In fact, each Volume (6 total) is available for just $29 each - we're also offering a special price for a purchase of ALL Volumes 1-6 - for just $159 you can receive ALL 900+ RealStyles!

Review all the different Xtra Styles PAKs at:
Mac: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=mac
Windows: www.pgmusic.com/xtrastyles.php?os=win

This is it! It's the last day to Save Up To 50% on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrades!

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO SAVE UP TO 50% OFF BAND-IN-A-BOX UPGRADES!

We recently released Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows with 64 new features (and a few more), 202 New RealTracks, 40 Unreleased RealTracks, 10 "Low Man" and Re-amped "12-Key" Metal/Thrash Electric Guitar RealTracks, "Look Ma! More MIDI!" – 30 MIDI Styles, 12 new MIDI SuperTracks, 240 new Instrumental Studies, 18 new Artist Performances, and a new Xtra Styles PAK 6!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2019 Upgrade purchases until January 15th - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2019 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 40 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2019 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available

Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows Build 612 Available

Attention Band-in-a-Box® 2019 for Windows users... Build 612 is available!

It includes the DAW Plugin patch too!!!

Learn more and download now...

Summary of changes:
Fixed: Songs would not load or save VST data if larger than 1 megabyte, displaying flash message error "VST/FX data is too large to save".
Fixed: It was not possible to use the N key while entering note based lyrics in the Notation window.
Fixed: Recorded MIDI would be erased if also recording audio.
Fixed: The MIDI Driver dialog would not show the selected VSTi or DXi synth after choosing one in the Plugins window.
Updated: PDF and help file documentation.

Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin 1.9.28 fixes:
There are lots of significant fixes and additions in this patch, especially related to some single track operations not working.

Fixed: Right-clicking generate bass track generated all individual tracks
Fixed: StylePicker, RealTracks Picker, and other style and instrument selection windows would sometimes open behind the main window, requiring you to alt+tab to see them.
Fixed: Loading demo from StylePicker or loading a song when a special track was already present sometimes added an extra RealTracks (special track) to page 2
Fixed: Output directory error.
Fixed: BBW sometimes not receiving message when run as administrator. This would cause some actions to hang or not work at all.
Fixed: Skip grey bars when moving selector through chordsheet.
Fixed: Dragging tracks into Reason would sometimes give a 'Not found' error message.
Fixed: AAX Plugin was not being recognized by Pro Tools.
Fixed: Problem scrolling chord table when crossing PartMarker during highlight.
Fixed: Repaint problem in Reason (possibly other DAWs).
Fixed: Some opened BB songs with realcharts on a frozen track would cause an access violation.
Added: Detailed log file written in BB Data folder bbw4exe_pluginLog.txt.
Fixed: Generation of single tracks would hang the program if the bb folder contained the file MaxPluginsToScan.txt containing Max=0. This file should not normally be present except in rare cases where a DX plugin scan failed.
Added: VST2 FX 32-bit version.
Improved: Installer has options for installing all plugin types. All files are now digitally signed.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Pro Tools® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in PreSonus® Studio One® - Watch now...

View all of our the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin videos here, or check out the YouTube Playlist.

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Reason® - Watch now...

Video - the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Ableton Live®

Check out our latest video that demonstrates the Band-in-a-Box® 2019 DAW Plugin for Windows® in Ableton Live® - Watch now...

Forum Stats
28727 Members
60 Forums
56218 Topics
468665 Posts

Max Online: 2434 @ 11/14/17 12:37 AM
Newest Members
Edzimmer, mypaperedit, StevieH, bopi5168, marcoind

28727 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
Pipeline 388
Noel96 307